“Lovely place”

Ranked #382 of 499 Hotels in Marrakech
England
“Lovely place”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I stayed with a friend and we had a lovely time. I was a bit worried before I went because of the negative reviews but for a cheap holiday it is more than good enough. Beds were made and towels changed every day, room was clean, staff were really friendly and helpful, the shuttle into town was reliable and a great addition, the food was fine and we were upgraded to half board for no extra cost. Really can't find fault, especially at that price!
If you do stay here make sure you go for dinner at al-Fassia down the road as it is lovely, and ride camels at Maroc Loisirs - that was one of my highlights and the hotel were happy to book in on our behalf. You can read more about the camel ride here: http://stepawayfromthesunbed.tumblr.com/post/26780565545/marrakesh-morocco-camel-toes

Enjoy your stay and don't be put off by any bad reviews like I was! It is a really lovely place and marrakech is a fab city.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view if possible
9 Thank ciaobellaa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We stayed at the Zalagh Kasbah for 3 nights as part of a Wowcher deal to Marrakech. We were 4 single girls on a city / pampering break and the hotel was ideal for what we needed.

The hotel was only 15 minutes from the airport. It is in a part of town that is being developed so was a little further out then I would have liked to have been from the Medina. You couldn't walk in (would have taken 30-45 mins) but there was a free shuttle bus to the medina (these could have been more frequent though).

As for the hotel itself, it is marketed as a 4 star but I would say it is more a 3 star. It was clean, quiet, tidy and modern but quite basic too. The pool was lovely as was the spa area too.

The room was on a half board basis and breakfast was generous each morning. We only had dinner at the hotel once and it wasn't that great (most people ate out) but surprising lunch was very good.

Service at the hotel could have been better, Waiters weren't very attentive and the reception staff quiet often ignored us when we stood at the desk, even if there wasn't anyone else to serve. That said we did have a leaking air conditioning unit in our room on the first night and when we called to complain and get it fixed, they upgraded us to a poolside room for the next 2 nights.

If you are looking for something simple and clean and don't want much else from your hotel that somewhere to put your head down and lie by the pool then this is your place. However I would fork out the extra money and stay somewhere a bit closer to town in the future with nice restaurants or at least restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Those closer to reception seem to have all the facilities. Further away rooms didn't have mini...
9 Thank Tiffanypurple
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Have just returned from a 4 night stay at this hotel bed and breakfast.Beautiful rooms the beds are fantastically comfy. Buffet style continental breakfast which was more than adequate. The staff are helpful and friendly cannot really find anything bad to say about it. The pool is amazing, would definately go again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank mamasheils
dagenham
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I went here on the 18th june for 3 nights when arriving the hotel was lovley took a while to check us inbut we got a free moroccoan style tea and was showed to our room it was a big enough room veery modern but the pillows and bins hadnt been changed the amid come in to clean while we was in our room apart from that we couldnt fault it,the cocktails and beer was over priced compared to the supermarkets but thats like any hotel.The food was okay for breakfast and lunch but at dinner we struggled and 1 night the food was inedible,theres the option for room service also but we didnt try that.The al a carte resturant was nice but worked out about £15pp without drinks.There is a small shopping centre and supermarklet near by which was so cheap and easy to walk too and safe.We went into marrakech which was a bit shocking and we kept getting hassled it was an experience though.We would definatley go back especially to this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor for a better view and more safety as our patio door didnt lock.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank danielle d
Radnage, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This hotel is recieving an average only because of the Duty Manager's attitude and customer service on our last day; overall hotel, very nice and clean, good location as outside of busy town, easy access to town and a shopping plaza with a Carrefour within a 5 min walk. The staff were always busy, always cleaning, pretty much immaculate.

Room- would have liked tea and coffee facilities in the room, but really no deal breaker.
Food- breakfast very nice and light, lots of fresh fruit, lovely pastries, freshly cooked pancakes and some eggs. Lunch at Berber Cafe- absolutely delicious, fantastic Tagine chicken with prunes and raisins, really delicious. Dinner- buffet average to good- maybe 2-3 meat options with some vegetable options, and always a selection of salads and fruits again.
Facilities- pool was fabulous, hotel very quiet so never felt crowded, 2 or 3 places to eat, and 2 or 3 bars. Frustration that staff at bars were inconsistent ie sometimes would bring you food outside (always tip, it helps), sometimes you had to get yourself, and sometimes they would not let you take outside at all. No hard rules, depended on which way the wind was blowing!!!

Attention to Detail...poor!!!!!!
The restaurant staff locked us out on the terrace one night so we could not get back in to the main restaurant room, and had also barricaded the side door so the other route was also closed...lack of attention, and potentially a dangerous situation if there had been an emergency! They had not come out to see us after serving the first drink, so I assume that they forgot we were there.

On another occasion, the bar member brought out mint tea in a teapot and neglected to tell us that we could not touch the teapot. I am no idiot, I expect it to be hot, but I burnt myself and dropped the pot, then had to wrap my pashmina around the handle to pour any out. A simple remedy; if it is that dangerously hot, either don't put it on the table for the customer to pour, or wrap the handle!!!

The spa- should have been a lovely experience, and my partner booked a Hammam as a treat for both of us, but the member of staff allowed a man, another guest, to open the door to our room where I was sat up naked...this is completely unacceptable, and then she tried to laugh it off. The receptionist/manager defended the situation by saying that the member of staff then shut the door, but that was just too late as he was already looking in. Highly unprofessional.

Whilst we were there, I asked if we could convert our half-board from 3 x dinner, to 2 x dinner and 1 x lunch. I called down to the desk for this, asked the receptionist if he spoke English, he said yes, and so I asked the above question which was met with a yes, Madam. I also asked for a late check-out, was this possible and again, had a yes, Madam. Iasked what the fee was until approx 4pm, and was told it was free. Strange, so I asked again, and was told that there would be no charge. I assumed this was due to the hotel being so quiet and having a captive audience for longer.
On check-out day we went to reception to check the late check out, and were told we could not have a late check out. We questioned this and were told again, no. Upon challenging, we offered to pay and were still told no, then finally relented and we paid (please bear in mind the hotel is ony at approx 50% capacity). We did expect to have to pay for this, just felt very frustrated at the communication, or lack of.
At check out, we were charged for the lunch that we were told we could exchange for dinner. My partner and I questioned this, and again were told that there would be a charge. The Duty Manager (Yessid?), was rude and obnoxious, told me that I should have asked first, I repeatedly said that I had called down, his best answer was that his staff did not understand and that the staff member was wrong. Absoultely useless, refused to take responsibility for this, could not make a decision, and was very rude. No customer service at all, no understanding of customer goodwill or keeping the customer happy. He was very ignorant and kept talking over me, ignoring my complaint.

Tips- visit the Souks, use a guide, for the 100DHS you will probably pay, it is worth it for your first visit, after that you will have your bearings.
-visit the old square at night, it is the most amazing place, and enjoy the banter from the boys trying to get you to sit at their table, stop for mint tea at a stall if not dining and watch the mad world going by
-have a freshly squeezed orange juice from the the old square, fabulous and only 4DHS, which is around 25p!!!

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are nice, it is quiet location so you should not be bothered by any noise anyway
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank ewa_suzin
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Arrived back yesterday and would go back any day.The staff were all friendly especially little Mohammed the porter.who had the most beautiful smile that would brighten anyone's day up.I would go back here as only 10 mins from supermarket and there is a free courtesy bus they lay on which takes you into the old city which is a must for any visitors.The rooms were cleaned daily and towels changed daily.Also you had free towels by the pool and free safety deposits in your room.Thank you from 4 very happy mates who had a blast.

4 Thank sarabest
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We stayed here for 5 days, it was great! The staff are very friendly, some have little English but always helpful. The pool is very pretty and cold, but refreshing at 2pm in the afternoon! It was really nice to be outside the city chaos, the little bus service does get full up so get there early, but a taxi to the centre is really cheap if you only get it one way and forget the return times, which we did often. The rooms are basic but very clean, we paid about GBP30.00 a night but I certainly would have paid more to stay here.... We had half board food and this was basic, breakfast was enough to keep you going, lunch was a little different but the paid lunch was lovely!

I would recommend this hotel, it is worth the price to stay and the drinks soft and alcohol are reasonable in the hotel complex…

Room Tip: Pool view rooms look nice.... or ask for a room on lower levels
3 Thank tracy c