“Please don't stay here” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #387 of 508 Hotels in Marrakech
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Please don't stay here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Another review states "It's like a nice-looking car with a faulty engine and no seatbelts.” That couldnt be closer to the truth. We stayed here as part of a tour, on first glance the hotel looks really nice; 5 star even. The reception is open plan and nice, although the wifii doesnt work anywhere in the hotel properly. The pool area follows this and rooms over look it. On closer inspection we were lost for words.

First off, the reception staff and very rude, unhelpful and unfriendly. If you are on a tour, ask your tour guide to speak to them in French or Arabic. We were given the wrong room at first, little bit annoyed as this hotel is a maze. I'm not joking, it is a maze of hall ways and turns. It's all been planned and constructed at difference times. It took about a good 10-15 minutes to find this room. Back to reception, they gave us another room. However, it seemed only to be half finished - there were no draws in the bedside draws. Even though we are a couple we were given two twin beds. We complained about this and were told rudely that the hotel was over booked and that there was nothing they could do.

We were luck other friends on the tour had rooms with wires sticking out, showers that didnt work. Toilets that flushed hot water, or didnt work at all. Walls half finished / falling down. No mini fridges. It seems our tour got the short end of the stick as all the other tour companies staying there looked 50+.

Also, the hotel is not close to town at all. Taxi's charge ALOT and you wont find one that will turn the meter on. Your looking at 100 DH to get to town and probably more to get to the airport.

The breakfast is average and although they make hot pancakes there was only one poor lady making them one at a time so unless you want to wait forever its a bit of a waste of time. Also, she doesnt start until after 730 so dont bother coming early to get in first.

The gift shop is a rip off, dont bother with it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NZKirst

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed here at the end of a tour, around 90% of the 38 people in our group had problems with their rooms and the hotel staff. The hotel had over booked so the majority of our group were assigned rooms in a wing of the hotel that was under construction and perhaps not normally used. All rooms were found in an unfinished & unclean state, without lights, safes, towels, hairdryers, hotel information & dirty sheets, doors without locks. Some were without hot water and others without water at all. The rooms were not sign posted, it took too long to find our way, our room was in the far corner of the hotel in cold unlit unfinished corridor without working lifts.

I went to the front desk 4 times and called reception 6 times to ask for towels & a hairdryer, it took 8 hours before we were delivered two towels, it wasn't until the second day we received hand towels, bath matts and our beds were remade with clean sheets. I was never brought a hairdryer although I was told I would get one by reception many times, I had to go to the in hotel salon to dry my hair. I felt embarrassed complaining about these things that should be standard in a 4 star hotel when some of our group were not even assigned a room and forced to share rooms with other guests!

Our free airport shuttle never came after 30mins waiting we were forced to pay over priced taxis to make our flight. The free shuttle to the medina only goes on the hour and is difficult to find if coming back from the Medina so we used taxis to get between the hotel and sights. We did not find a single taxi that agreed to use their meter even when taken from the hotel, the taxi prices were 10 times what our guide had told us.

This '4 star' hotel had a nice looking pool but the room condition and standard of service makes the hotel underserving of a single star in my opinion.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank London2010_12

Travellers are raving about these Marrakech hotels

Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

It's a really nice-looking hotel. The lobby is huge and nicely decorated. It has a big pool which im sure you'll enjoy during the summer. Love the live music at the piano bar as well. The breakfast buffet is a bit disappointing though. Our call time was 7 amd we got there at 730am, but there hardly any meat left. Oh well...

Our room was spacious, clean, and with a balcony with a nice view. And the hotel's only about 500meters from Almazar, a really nice shopping mall.

The shortcomings of the hotel are:
1. There's no wifi. There is at the lobby, but good luck trying to connect to it. I believe there's only a limited number that can connect to it at a given time so if it's full you wont be able to get in. I tried for 20 minutes with no success. In your room, there's absolutely no wifi. I don't get how a hotel as classy as this does not have free wifi in the rooms. It's like selling you a great car, like a Porsche, with no seat belts. Free wifi should be standard in every decent hotel.
2. The aircon doesn't work (only the heater does). So we had to open the balcony for the cool air to make it comfortable. This is just unacceptable.
3. The shower, after you've balanced the temperature, cold water just suddenly comes out. It was quite irritating.

I hope the hotel management could look into this and address the issues right away so that future guests wont be inconvenienced by it.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Erickson M
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

I am staying in this hotel tonight,and tomorrow at the end of a tour.On the walk to my room (which felt like forever) I noted my room number 1046 never came up on any of the signs.On reaching my room I realised why..it was still being built and was a construction site. The toilet is connected to the hot water and doesn't flush,there is no hot water in the bath/shower,there are what look like live wires sticking out the wall in the bathroom,no safe,no phone,I had to ask for towels. The receptions only excuse is that they are over booked this evening!!!!!So you put guests in a construction site???I am sure there are other hotels in Marrakech where you could stay and at least get a warm shower! #dontstayhere!

• Stayed December 2013
Monterrey, Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

I stayed at the hotel in December 2013, I can say I was expecting more from them. People at the front desk was friendly, but the room was awful. There was no trash can, bathroom had a leak, the shower curtain smelled awful and was so dirty, there were some red stains. I asked for a room change, which they did, but the other room was practically the same, the only difference was that there was no leak anymore, the rest, no change.

Food is bad, honestly. Breakfast was included in the room rate, but I prefer to eat outside. If you want a good advice, don’t eat there. I was expecting to find a better food quality in the evening, but it didn’t happened.

To make things worse, a perfume was stolen from the room. Weird thing since we only had one key and I was all the time with my roommate, who is family. People at the front desk said it has never happened before (BS). Obviously, I didn’t get it back.

My advice: look for other option.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Norwich, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

Hotel reception staff out to rip you off to line their pockets, manager unhelp and ignorant no customer service training , obviously. Breakfast great if you like egg and bird dropping with ants on toast,,,YUK .al carte restaurant poor, description of food on menu didn't reflect want you got! English understood when they wanted your cash but not when it counted! Over all VERY DISAPPOINTING more of 2 star yet rooms good and clean. I am used to countries of this culture ie -Egypt, Tunisia and have found this hotel to be failing and probably not as good as other hotels with less stars, probably is suffering from poor and inadequate management.

Room Tip: spa ok but expensive , heated pool nice but 60 dirhams £4.50-5.00 for 30 mins even for small childre...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

had a lovely 5 night stay at this hotel, staff were freindly there was a bit of a language barrier but we were the ones in a foreign country, room was lovely and clean throughout the stay, food was good and the staff went out of their way to accommodate my needs as i am a fussy eater, really dont know what all the negative comments were about we will be going back to this hotel in the future. the shuttle bus to the medina was very helpful and ran all times of day and night

Room Tip: pool view is a must
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple