All reviews shuttle bus pool view pancakes minutes walk away large hotel bottled water pool staff the main square main restaurant orange juice hotel is beautiful atlas mountains taxis haggle jams souks camel
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is a good hotel on the edge of town with a beautiful, stunning pool area.

Good points:
Loungers are very comfy.
Good selection of beers and wines at reasonable prices.
The spa is reasonable and new.
The manager Giovanni from Italy is the most wonderful man for suggestions.

Bad points:
No wifi - it's in the hall but lasts seconds and immediately needs an overhaul .
Food - lunch is poor in restaurant, the pool bar much better ( in fact it's tasty there) Not worth half board for main restaurant.

Spa pool is heated and should be free, it's lovely. The jacuzzi was cold.

Music- four songs of piped lift music are on repeat in the lobby. Areosmiths " I don't wanna miss a thing" got boring on the 420th repeat.

Pool music - loud and annoying early 2000's hip hop booming out all day with constant 'F' and 'N' words when trying to chill. I say this as someone who's young and was going out to bars and clubs in Marrakech not a pensioner playing scrabble. I asked them to turn it down and they did for a while, before another rap battle about " shooting up some b£&))£s" began booming from the speakers around the pool.

Overall it's worth a stay.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed one week in this hotel .
Overall we enjoyed our time in marrakech , the hotel is nice , we have been lucky for the weather so we were able to stay at the swimming pool . the room was ok but nothing special for a 4 stars ( no safe ).
Honestly I work in the hospitality and I used to work in 4 and 5 stars hotel in France .
The service is bellow average . The staff reception is a bit lost about advices and service and even sometimes a slightly rude.
If you need anything you have to wait at least 15 min the service is really slow .
About the breakfast : it's ok . I was surprised of the taste of the pastries , I guessed they stayed in a plastic bag for a while . Not a large choice for coffee as well .
The food a the snack is a bit pricy for what it is .
As I said I work in hospitality and I think the main rule in a 4 stars hotel is to look after the customers . ( barman asked for a cigarette to me , no more towels in the bathroom after breakfast , no matches in the room , even at the reception I had to buy some )
Sometimes don't be surprised if they don't have enough towels or mattress At the swimming pool .
When I asked for , I had as an answer " sorry sir it's really busy today " so what ?!?
However we had a great stay in marrakech it's a beautiful city.
But I have to stay that I will never come back in this hotel .

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pierre-franc C
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel with a group for a considerably reduced price. The hotel housed some pretty drunk and noisy teenagers and staff seemed reluctant to do anything about the noise. Not something a hotel that claims four stars can afford in our opinion.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank juliuskebab
Reviewed 17 February 2014

After booking the hotel via Easyjet holidays I read the reviews on TA. I had to say that they concerned me and was wondering what sort of a stay we would get. But I am glad to say that the hotel was lovely.

All staff were welcoming and friendly, and when trying to converse in my rusty school French they seemed pleased but also spoke to us in English.

Breakfast is buffet style, with plenty of bread and pastries ( even a toaster!!!!) plus with the addition of scrambled and boiled eggs and omlettes. There is also an option of the Moroccan version of pankcakes that will be cooked to order. Great selection of preserves and cereal too plus tea coffe and juice.

Evening meal is a choice of three items from a three course menu, sometimes served in the main restaurant and sometimes in the Berber room.

Wine and beers are reasonably priced.

Free wifi is available, a weaker connection from our room but great reception by the pool and lobby bar.

Rooms are spacious, with plenty of power points for charging electrical items, comfortable beds, with balconies. Above all they are kept spotlessly clean. The bathrooms are also spacious with an over the bath shower & hairdryer. Fresh towels daily of required and a supply of complimentary toiletries. There is an in room safe - which did ot work at first, but maintenance appeared within 5 mins of us reporting to reception to fix the issue. Each room has a flat screen TV which does receive BBC world.... so there are English Channels! Rooms also have a/c & heating.

Tours to Atlas mountains and surrounding areas can also be booked from reception. The hotel also provides a complementary mini bus to town which runs virtually every hour. However you can walk there in 45 mins(a v slow stroll) through paved gardens - its really safe and you get to see so much more!

The pool area is lovely, comfy bed and lots of tables, chairs and umbrellas. Although the pool was particularly cold. Pool towels are provided and there is always a member of staff in attendance. All the guests and staff were particularly helpful when my husband lost his wedding ring in the pool - it was found after 30 minutes of lots of people looking :-)

There are some small works being carried out at the hotel, rooms that face the mountains are being refurbed, however this is not major, no diggers or pneumatic drills, just the off bit of sanding, so there maybe a small amount of noise.

The only other noise we experienced was from other guests - and I am sure that you get this at any hotel in the world, not all guests appreciate that people may be sleeping !

All in all we had a great 4 nights at the Zalagh and will be recommending it as a great place to stay

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor, that way you shouldnt be troubled by people walking around in high heels in the middle of the night!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jackie B
Reviewed 18 January 2014

This is a huge hotel that has it all. The rooms are great, all with balconies. great amenities and a shuttle bus to the famous Marrakech Markets. There is also a health centre, restaurants and bars available. There is no wifi available in the rooms but the reception area is fabulous and offers a comfortable place to contact friends and family. I travelled with a group so my experience may be different to people who area travelling solo..........

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool. We had a room overlooking the carpark which was disappointing. The air con doesn't seem to work very well but that may not be the same in every room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends