1,004 results
All reviews pool view moroccan hotels the free shuttle bus pancakes minutes walk away buffet style the main square atlas mountains kasbah berber jams souks
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This hotel may look nice, but almost all promised facilities are broken or non existent!

Our room did not have a safe, and the balcony door did not lock. When we asked the staff to rectify this, they told us they would send somebody to fix it, but this never happened.

The air-conditioning did not work in either of the rooms that we stayed in (as we stayed in two different rooms, over two nights) and the rooms were extremely hot and uncomfortable.

There was no fridge in the room either. The floor was also covered in saw-dust or dirt which appeared to have been left from recent construction works, and the shower had a massive ball of long hair on the wall. The toilet flushing mechanism was also broken.

The pool and outdoor facilities of this hotel are gorgeous but the staff are not helpful and ignore any requests that are vital to the safety and comfort of guests.

Avoid staying here if you can!

Room tip: Make sure your air-conditioning is working as the night time can get very hot otherwise. Also I heard from other guests that the ground floor rooms are more 'complete' than the top floors.
1  Thank Tinatraveller83
Reviewed 15 April 2014

It was quite dusty on our room. The food was not bad, but not to good either... Well they had wine and the beds was ok... I swam in the big pool (all alone), it was nice but it was very cold. No wifi in the rooms and it was very very poor in the reception area too. I think this is too far from the Medina/souk, you can not walk from the hotel. Book a riad instead is my advice!

Date of stay: March 2014
1  Thank Monica J
Reviewed 14 April 2014

nice hotel,some staff more pleasant than others,every time we asked for a drink they looked rather bewildered,and I think they missed a trick by not offering poolside service.
nice pool area,but INSUFFERABLE music on a permanent loop of inapropriateness at every level.
breakfast was perfectly adequate,plenty carbs,eggs,and a rather greasy doughy made to order "pancake",but more like a chapati.
Rooms are comfortable,we asked for a pool view,but sadly were not given one,as we were only there 3 nights we didn't bother to move the next day as promised.
it's about a 60 minute walk into town and the main square.souks etc which we enjoyed,as most of the other reviews have said wifi very variable,but do-able,on the whole,worth a punt.

Room tip: choose pool view
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I did a lot of reading up on this hotel from this site. A couple of people had mentioned that the staff were rude.I have to say, the four days my husband and I were there, we could not have had more polite and friendly staff. My only gripe was how laid back they were and so little information they gave.
Upon arrival, we were served mint tea, which is what they traditionally drink over there. It is served in a small glass, and looks like hot water with soggy mint leaves in it. But despite its odd appearance, it is actually very nice and refreshing.
We arrived on the Monday, half board, and we were told we could have either lunch or dinner in addition to our breakfast-they did not mind which we chose. We chose to have lunch on our first day, and sat by the pool. It then transpired food there had to be paid for. The waitress, told us the restaurant downstairs was where the free buffets were. Again, this was not very explained upon arrival, but not the end of the world.
We went to the correct restaurant, but they were half an hour late with getting food out. According the waitress "since we put our clocks forward an hour, no one knows what they're doing" oh well, me either!
I was surprised at how "French" the whole of Marrakesh is. I may be an inexperienced traveller, and although I knew French was spoken, I had no idea it was their first language. Signs, menus, magazines-all French. Even the food is predominantly French cuisine.So if like me, you know some basic French, you will get along very well, although most people spoke good English.
I was advised to change English money up a bit at a time, as you don't really know what you will spend. £100 got us 1300MAD. Which can go a long way, if you plan on staying at the hotel sunbathing, or not so far, if like us, you want to do EVERYTHING. (We spent about £1000 over four days). A coca cola in the hotel bar was 20D a glass of wine 70D. I drank bottled water, but went to the supermarket where it was only 2D as opposed to 20D back in the hotel.
Although we were half board, all drinks have to be paid for.
Our room was basic but clean.We had a shower over the bath, nothing fancy, but the water pressure was amazing.
We had a maid everyday come in and clean and leave us two fresh bath towels as well as two hand towels. I'm sure you could have more if you ask, but we managed.We also requested a poolside room, which someone on here advised us to do.I would also suggest the same.
Regarding the food, I found their idea of salad odd. Cucumber, tomato, lettuce and ORANGE. Or maybe it's just me? Also breakfast, you have your porridge, cereals, continental cakes, crepes, scrambled egg, omelettes,toast etc...but also yogurt to pour over your fruit.which is nice if you like fruit as I do.however their fruit is orange (very nice with yogurt) or lettuce, tomato or cucumber. (See the pattern?). Avoid the tea and coffee, quite nasty in our opinion. Stick with the fresh orange juice, by far nicer.
There is a free shuttle into the town from the hotel, but to be honest, we found it to our convenience to use a taxi. It was only 50D one way. The only thing we found within walking distance was the mall, and I do a lot of walking.
The mall is nice enough. Full of western clothing and a virgin megastore. If you are after the supermarket, it is downstairs underground and the stairs to it are located in the centre of the mall. It is huge, like a Moroccan tesco. Birds like sparrows, frequently fly around inside buildings, and the hotel bar seemed to attract a couple of them.
The hotel also puts on excursions, but it is up to you whether you think they are good value or not. Instead we hired a taxi driver for the day, who took us into 'new' Marrakesh and gave us a tour. He also took us to Jardin a Marjorelle, the palmeraie where we rode on a camel and the Bahari palace.When he brought us back to the hotel, we asked how much we owed him. He asked what we wanted to pay. No one has a price, everyone haggles. We offered him 700D and he seemed delighted. To us, it was a bargain as we expected to pay 1000D. To help us, we used to take 10% off everything to try and work out the cost. So for example 700D in our heads was £70 (it's actually a bit less) , but this gave us a good way to know what we were spending.
Another tip on this site was to visit La Sultana restaurant. As with all restaurants, you have to book in advance.
La Sultana is 5* and has a set menu and A la Carte. The whole place is breathtakingly beautiful, and if you can afford to go, I urge you to go.We ate off the A la Carte menu and had four courses each and a bottle of wine, and the bill came to 1400D (about £125), and was very well worth it. The food was delicious, the atmosphere was romantic, and they had live Moroccan singers, who sang Happy a Birthday to my husband in Arabic. It was also the only restaurant we found that had a full English translation on their French menu.
Out in the Markets are many stalls that sell freshly squeezed orange juice for 4D. You simply must try this, it is the most delicious orange juice you will ever drink. We had some everyday. Be aware of the 'Henna' women. Lots of them will grab ladies hands and before you know it, you have £100 henna on you.We had a few children try and sell us tissues, but no one was really full on in a nasty way.The traders are very offended if you do not haggle with them, so make sure you do. Like someone on here said, it's not what you pay for something, it's how much of a bargain you think you've got. And if they are happy and you are happy, that's all that matters. I loved everything I came away with.
We did spend more money than we thought we would, but as I said, we did it all. It can be a cheap holiday or an expensive one-it's what you make it.
I am sorry I have gone off the hotel a bit....I wanted to help the next 'Virgin' visitor as much as possible. I hope I have done that without taking away the excitement.
Overall the hotel is very nice. My only disappointment was the wifi is very weak when a few people are on it at once.i was unable to FaceTime my daughter a couple of times.
Marrakech is a stunningly colourful place. I enjoyed my time there.I hope you do too.

Room tip: Learn some basic French phrases, it will help.Also ask for a poolside room, otherwise your view will be the car park or the building of the Grand Prix circuit that is going around the hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Kelly A
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is a good hotel on the edge of town with a beautiful, stunning pool area.

Good points:
Loungers are very comfy.
Good selection of beers and wines at reasonable prices.
The spa is reasonable and new.
The manager Giovanni from Italy is the most wonderful man for suggestions.

Bad points:
No wifi - it's in the hall but lasts seconds and immediately needs an overhaul .
Food - lunch is poor in restaurant, the pool bar much better ( in fact it's tasty there) Not worth half board for main restaurant.

Spa pool is heated and should be free, it's lovely. The jacuzzi was cold.

Music- four songs of piped lift music are on repeat in the lobby. Areosmiths " I don't wanna miss a thing" got boring on the 420th repeat.

Pool music - loud and annoying early 2000's hip hop booming out all day with constant 'F' and 'N' words when trying to chill. I say this as someone who's young and was going out to bars and clubs in Marrakech not a pensioner playing scrabble. I asked them to turn it down and they did for a while, before another rap battle about " shooting up some b£&))£s" began booming from the speakers around the pool.

Overall it's worth a stay.

Date of stay: March 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple