US$343
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$421
US$410
Hotels.com
All reviewscarrefour supermarketpool viewthe free shuttle buspancakesminutes walk awaybottled waterlarge hotelpool staffthe main squarecamel rideorange juiceatlas mountainscabskasbahjamssouks
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed at the Zalagh a couple of nights ago, only to wake up to a terrible smell - the water from the loo had flooded the entire room overnight and there was feces all over my bedroom floor!! My instant thought was to call reception, however, my phone was not plugged in.

I went to the front desk to tell them and ask assistance to help me move my belongings and to my surprise they were extremely rude. I am still struggling to understand how I have not managed to get my money back...

This hotel is a total facade, it looks nice from the outside but it is actually falling apart, there are cables out of place in the rooms and the balcony doors don't close. And the wifi is crap.

1  Thank Rach V
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This hotel was a total let down. On arrival we were sprung with an unexpected "local tax" before we were allocated the wrong rooms. As we were quite a large party we were moved from pillar to post on three occasions before finally being given rooms that did not have broken heating, leaking light sockets, broken balcony doors or worst a disgusting smell of sewers.

To say the staff were unhelpful is an understatement. They were down right rude on several occasions and clearly did not understand the concept of putting customers first. The service in the restaurant was slow to say the least and after having waited 1hour and 25minutes for my food it was stone cold.

The spa seemed to have a varying price scale depending on the customer.
I will not be returning to this hotel and would not recommend.

Room Tip: I would recommend a totally different hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This hotel may look nice, but almost all promised facilities are broken or non existent!

Our room did not have a safe, and the balcony door did not lock. When we asked the staff to rectify this, they told us they would send somebody to fix it, but this never happened.

The air-conditioning did not work in either of the rooms that we stayed in (as we stayed in two different rooms, over two nights) and the rooms were extremely hot and uncomfortable.

There was no fridge in the room either. The floor was also covered in saw-dust or dirt which appeared to have been left from recent construction works, and the shower had a massive ball of long hair on the wall. The toilet flushing mechanism was also broken.

The pool and outdoor facilities of this hotel are gorgeous but the staff are not helpful and ignore any requests that are vital to the safety and comfort of guests.

Avoid staying here if you can!

Room Tip: Make sure your air-conditioning is working as the night time can get very hot otherwise. Also I heard from other guests that the ground floor rooms are more 'complete' than the top floors.
1  Thank Tinatraveller83
Reviewed 15 April 2014

It was quite dusty on our room. The food was not bad, but not to good either... Well they had wine and the beds was ok... I swam in the big pool (all alone), it was nice but it was very cold. No wifi in the rooms and it was very very poor in the reception area too. I think this is too far from the Medina/souk, you can not walk from the hotel. Book a riad instead is my advice!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Monica J
Reviewed 14 April 2014

nice hotel,some staff more pleasant than others,every time we asked for a drink they looked rather bewildered,and I think they missed a trick by not offering poolside service.
nice pool area,but INSUFFERABLE music on a permanent loop of inapropriateness at every level.
breakfast was perfectly adequate,plenty carbs,eggs,and a rather greasy doughy made to order "pancake",but more like a chapati.
Rooms are comfortable,we asked for a pool view,but sadly were not given one,as we were only there 3 nights we didn't bother to move the next day as promised.
it's about a 60 minute walk into town and the main square.souks etc which we enjoyed,as most of the other reviews have said wifi very variable,but do-able,on the whole,worth a punt.

Room Tip: choose pool view