“Nice and Clean”

Zalagh Kasbah Hotel and Spa
Ranked #458 of 501 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Very nice clean and confortable hotel. Service is very good and prompt. I like the location, it is only 10-15 min free shuttle ride to Djemaa Fnaa..walking distance to Caeefour and small malls.. We once missed our return shuffle back by a few mins and the next shuttle dropped us back free..even though it was not his time to leave but dropped us to the hotel then went back to collect other people. Check in was quick and smooth.. breakfast was average for for £5 you cannot complain. Only one thing.. walls are quite thin... so at night you can hear people walking past your room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed as part of a tour at this hotel for one night at the beginning and one night at the end.

There are lots of areas in this hotel that haven't been finished. My room didn't have a safe or a phone to call reception and the air conditioning didn't work on my first night. The light in the bathroom was also broken.

I was 'lucky' not to have my room filled with sewerage like other members of my tour! No joke - they woke up to find the toilet flooding their room and the reception staff weren't helpful.

On the second night of my stay the room's balcony door had massive cracks in it which is dangerous. There is no wifi in the room and if you plan to have a relaxing time by the pool, be prepared to be blasted by loud rap music by the hotel's DJ.

I stayed in a Riad on my final night in Marrakesh after the tour had ended which was absolutely amazing and was charged 150MAD to the airport for a private transfer as my flight was very early (my Riad was in town far from the airport), I saw other members of the tour at the airport who stayed their final night at Zalagh and were charged 200MAD which Zalagh booked and the driver was rude and expected a further tip! This hotel is 10 mins from the airport and they were still charged more! Ridiculous.

Stay in a Riad or somewhere with a decent review. Do not stay here

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed here with our two children in May of last year and would really recommend it for a relaxing place to stay. Just got back from Marrakesh again and this time stayed in a Riad as the children weren't with me but next time when they are there we will stay here again. Beautiful pool area which looks stunning at night time with lovely lighting, nice to sit and have a drink near the pool in the evening. Couldn't have wished for better service from the staff, we found everyone friendly and helpful and the bus which takes people back and forth to the Medina every few hours will come back for you if full. Fantastic stay !

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed at the Zalagh a couple of nights ago, only to wake up to a terrible smell - the water from the loo had flooded the entire room overnight and there was feces all over my bedroom floor!! My instant thought was to call reception, however, my phone was not plugged in.

I went to the front desk to tell them and ask assistance to help me move my belongings and to my surprise they were extremely rude. I am still struggling to understand how I have not managed to get my money back...

This hotel is a total facade, it looks nice from the outside but it is actually falling apart, there are cables out of place in the rooms and the balcony doors don't close. And the wifi is crap.

1  Thank Rach V
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This hotel was a total let down. On arrival we were sprung with an unexpected "local tax" before we were allocated the wrong rooms. As we were quite a large party we were moved from pillar to post on three occasions before finally being given rooms that did not have broken heating, leaking light sockets, broken balcony doors or worst a disgusting smell of sewers.

To say the staff were unhelpful is an understatement. They were down right rude on several occasions and clearly did not understand the concept of putting customers first. The service in the restaurant was slow to say the least and after having waited 1hour and 25minutes for my food it was stone cold.

The spa seemed to have a varying price scale depending on the customer.
I will not be returning to this hotel and would not recommend.

Room Tip: I would recommend a totally different hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This hotel may look nice, but almost all promised facilities are broken or non existent!

Our room did not have a safe, and the balcony door did not lock. When we asked the staff to rectify this, they told us they would send somebody to fix it, but this never happened.

The air-conditioning did not work in either of the rooms that we stayed in (as we stayed in two different rooms, over two nights) and the rooms were extremely hot and uncomfortable.

There was no fridge in the room either. The floor was also covered in saw-dust or dirt which appeared to have been left from recent construction works, and the shower had a massive ball of long hair on the wall. The toilet flushing mechanism was also broken.

The pool and outdoor facilities of this hotel are gorgeous but the staff are not helpful and ignore any requests that are vital to the safety and comfort of guests.

Avoid staying here if you can!

Room Tip: Make sure your air-conditioning is working as the night time can get very hot otherwise. Also I hear...
1  Thank Tinatraveller83
Reviewed 15 April 2014

It was quite dusty on our room. The food was not bad, but not to good either... Well they had wine and the beds was ok... I swam in the big pool (all alone), it was nice but it was very cold. No wifi in the rooms and it was very very poor in the reception area too. I think this is too far from the Medina/souk, you can not walk from the hotel. Book a riad instead is my advice!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends