Riad Cocoon
Riad Vendome & Spa Marrakech(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$242
Agoda.com
US$635
US$620
Kasbah Le Mirage(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$67
US$112
Elvoline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspurple hazewhite albumsuggested itineraryprivate terracerestaurant suggestionsmint teaspa treatmentsatlas mountainsthe hustle and bustleon arrivaldinner reservationstucked awaydelicious dinnerfabulous staybooking restaurantsthe main squarean oasis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I was travelling alone to Marrakesh to spend some time with me, myself and I, to relax and to find calm. As I am a Lounge Music lover, the Riad Cocoon attracted me immediately as it is clearly different from other "classicals" Riads in Marrakesh (it was my third visit to the town).

Riad Cocoon is the perfect mix between a French boutique hotel and a Riad with Moroccan style elements - just loved it. The sun terrace and its view is amazing. The Riad is extremely clean, light music is accompanying the visitor the whole day and the food is excellent and authentic moroccan.

The staff is very discrete and I felt always comfortable during my stay "all alone" as a woman.

Corinne is an excellent host and was taking care of me before, during and after my stay - and she was exactly listening to what I was looking for.

I also had a Hammam and massage treatment, which was good and can be recommended without any doubts.

Looking forward to come back soon!

Room Tip: I had the Simply Red Room - perfect for a Single Night, but might be uncomfortable for a couple / friends sharing the room as the toilet and shower can only be separated by a simple curtain.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We spent three nights in the riad and have enjoyed every minute of it. It felt like an oasis so close to Djemaa el Fna - the hub of Marrakech. We were very happy to have found a riad so close to the square and since it is just round the corner of a museum it is very easy to find your way back, even at night. On the first evening we had booked the hamam and since it was our first time ever - were utterly surprised by this wonderful experience and the hot water clouds which lulled us into a cozy and relaxed mind. Afterwards we could recline and chill on the roof terrace while waiting for the massage. We liked the room and bed very much, especially the bathroom which used the small space perfectly with its pleasant design and organisation of it. Corinne, the French owner, treated us more like friends than guests and we felt more than welcomed. She organised dinner reservations for us and the restaurants she recommended were very well chosen. She had even organised that the two of us together with two other guests from the riad (also two women) were accompanied back to the riad through the darkness!
Although the riad is very small we did not feel bothered by other guests. Corinne's staff was ever so friendly and helpful. We would always come back and stay with Corinne.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2012

We arrived into Marrakech airport and were met and transported in a comfortable people carrier to the Riad. On arrival to the riad we were greeted by the owner Corrine and her staff and shown to around the beautiful serene riad and to our excellent room, the Nirvana suite. Prior to arrival I had been in contact with Corrine by email and had prebooked our evening meal in the riad. After a quick freshen up we ate our dinner in the riad, the food was exceptional and served to us by Tariq in the best possible manner. Khadija the riad in house cook had made a beautiful meal and this started our holiday off to a fantastic start. Corrine was so kind enough to spend time with us suggesting restaurants for lunch and dinner and advising us on things to do in Marrakech, This was our first, and will not be our last visit to Marrakech and I think that our overall experience of the city was made so much more memorable and special due to the choice of our accommodation and the people that work there.
The riad is very clean and the design and style is beautiful. The atmosphere is calm and relaxing and the music playlist within the bedrooms and around the riad is amazing to make you feel so tranquil and peaceful. Our room was exceptionally comfortable and cleaned above and beyond our expectations every day by Kenza. Breakfast was superb, I loved the different variations every day so fresh and tasty. During the day Simo was at the riad to attend to anything you needed.
A must do is to experience the hammam at the riad, followed by a massage, my skin has never felt so clean and soft!!
Every recommendation by Corrine was perfect and she arranged and booked tables at restaurants and taxis or guidance to locations.
Our last night was also spent in the riad where we again had a fanatastic meal with Champagne which finished our holiday off perfectly.
Overall we both had an amazing time in Marrakech, it is an amazing interesting place with fantastic people, great food, great weather and amazing memories.
We have travelled to many places all over Europe and USA, ate in many restaurants and Riad Cocoon in Marrakech is up there with the best.
We spent a week in the riad but wished we could have stayed for a fortnight!!
Looking forward to rebooking there soon.
Thanks to Corrine, Khadija, Kenza, Simo and Tariq.

Room Tip: Nirvana suite has own private terrace for added privacy
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Cocoon for two nights what a lovely place everything was perfect we were in the suite at the top of the riad and it was so quiet and relaxing Corinne and her staff couldn't do enough for you I would definitely recommend it

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Susan R
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Myself and my boyfriend had a fabulous stay in Riad Cocoon, everything from the decor, to the rooms to the staff was fantastic.
Corinne, the owner, was helpful from the minute we walked in. We were welcomed with a pot of Moroccan tea and some home made treats which was a welcome suprise after a long journey. Corinne asked us what we had planned and gave us some suggestions of where was best to go and what was interesting to see and the next morning she handed us a suggested itinerary with all the details we needed.
Dinner on the first night was a traditional Moroccan tagine, which again, was superb. The service of the staff was friendly, professional and not at all overbearing.
The location of this Riad is also perfect, a 2 minute walk and you are amongst the souks and another 5 minutes you are at the main square, however it is still peaceful and hidden away from the hustle & bustle of life in Marrakech!
We loved our stay so much, we ditched our idea of staying elsewhere for our last 2 nights and re-booked Riad Cocoon! Enjoy...

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple