“Stunning hotel!”

Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa
Ranked #37 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 18 December 2011

This week-long holiday in Marrakech was a 30th birthday present from my girlfriend - and what a present it was! The Sirayane and its staff made this one of the best holidays I have ever experienced! I cannot thank them enough! We went in the middle of December and the 22-24 degree heat was a welcome break from the minus temperatures and snow of our home city of Bradford. First impressions of the hotel and the service provided started well and kept getting better - their driver met us at the airport and whisked us away from the bustling city centre a short drive out to the Sirayane, set in tranquil countryside overlooking the stunning Atlas mountains. We were met by the relationship manager, who sat us down in the relaxing reception area for some Moroccan mint tea and local pastries while we checked in and had our bags taken to the room - nice touch! We were then given a tour of the hotel and spa, which is a newly built modern complex with a very stylish layout and design, following both European and local influences. It is a lovely environment for a relaxing chilled out stay. We were then taken to the room - wow! We were given a balcony room on the 1st floor, overlooking the pool and a stunning view of sweeping countryside with the snow-covered peaks of the Atlas peering through the mist in the distance! A bottle of red wine and more pastries were waiting for us and we spent a nice afternoon in the sun on the balcony reflecting on a mind-blowing reception! The rooms are modern, stylish and clean. The bathroom was spacious and stunning, a sizeable TV was provided with local and international channels, including several English channels. A dvd player was also provided and reception stocked a selection of films you could borrow throughout the stay. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff during our stay and they were polite and attentive without being overbearing. The owner of the hotel popped in and came up to us to introduce himself during dinner before leaving us to it - I can't remember another hotel where this happened and I can see from Tripadvisor reviews that he responds directly to every mention of dissatisfaction - this sums up the attention to detail of this hotel. An example of this is that whenever we booked a table for dinner, they obviously noted the time and the maids made our bed in different styles with petals and towel-doves each time we were away - a lovely touch ! The complimentary hammam was great the nex morning in a really nice spa complex. We spent several relaxing afternoons by the pools, one of which was unheated and too cold at this time of year to use. The heated pool was great though. Breakfast was a great selection of continental and local cuisine, whilst lunch and dinner were also available, with European and Moroccan menus. We ate mostly from the Moroccan menu and the food was excellent. The hotel is situated about 10 minutes drive from Marrakech centre. There is a regular free shuttle bus to and from the hotel which must be pre-booked. The hotel will also pick you up or take you anywhere for a price, which we utilised when an expedia excursion we had booked came to a premature end and we were left stranded in the middle of the city at midnight. We called the hotel and they sent someone to pick us up straight away! The medina and city were fascinating, but exhausting and it was nice that the hotel was outside the city - you were able to get away from the hustle and bustle and the hassling from local beggars and sellers, back to the peaceful and relaxing surroundings of the Sirayane. The bar was also nice and stocked a wide selection of fine wines, beers and spirits. A free and fast wi-fi connection was also provided as well as a PC in the library area should you need it. There was also a tennis court if you fancied it and gym - which I didn't use once :). Overall I really cannot do this hotel justice in words, I would seriously recommend it to anyone. The only one thing I would say was that it is a 5 star hotel and that comes with a price. We got it on a Groupon deal, but eating and drinking in the hotel is a lot more expensive than the city centre. It was worth it, though as unlike some places, the service and standards match the pricetag and you never felt like you didn't get what you paid for - what a great experience!

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank eddiefinch
Write a ReviewReviews (1,679)

Reviewed 12 December 2011

Well, I have been to Marrakech once before and stayed in the Medina. I was not a big fan- especially because of the hustle and bustle. Staying at Sirayane gives you the opportunity to truly get away, relax in serene peaceful surroundings and enjoy the sunshine (even in december it is warm enough to sunbathe during the day, though you need a jacket at night.)

Marrakech is a million worlds away from the UK and I really feel like I have had a break, rested, and can't believe its only been 3 nights away! If you lead a busy life in London, a long weekend away to Sirayane will leave you refreshed and revitalised and empowered to face the world that was making you weary and tired!

The hotel itself is amazing. It is a good 20 mins from the centre, but they have several shuttles a day that make it easy to head into town (we went back and forth with an afternoon break). It is situated in quiet desert like landscape and is built in clay like most of the other buildings in Marrakech. It is luxurious without being ostentatious.

The best thing is the peace and quiet. The spa is great too. We had a free treatment at the hammam which was very relaxing.

The food is lovely and flavoursome, and you don't have to ever leave the resort if you just want to relax, It has a boutique feel, enabling it to be non-corporate feeling.

If you do want to enjoy the madness of marrakech and the night markets, restaurants etc you can do so, only to return to your haven once more!!

I read one of the more negative reviews and yes- the library is not great (books/ dvds) but you can bring your own (not blue ray) and watch away to your hearts content in the very comfortable rooms. Breakfast has great coffee and many fresh juices. The pastries are devine,

The shower in our room wasn't great, and we let them know at reception. Immediately, it was sorted!

This is a great deal on living social. I don't know what the full price is, but for what we paid, we got a lot more than expected.

Well done!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mamtab
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Got this holiday at a discounted price through Groupon. Was totally amazed when we arrived to find it really was everything it professed to be. We were collected at the airport, for a small charge and quickly taken to the hotel. The bedroom was massive with a big private balcony, the bathroom was divided into separate areas, enabling one person to shower and another to get dressed or use the loo.
On the first night we decided to eat in the hotel, not really expecting to be thrilled, but the choices were very diverse and we chose a tagine, the local traditional food. Everything including the service was of a very high quality. The breakfast was of a buffet style and again was excellent.
The hotel is about 9 kilometres from the centre of Marrakech, but this is not problematic because the hotel provide a free shuttle service very regularly throughout the day. The entire staff at the hotel are very friendly, professional and helpful, nothing is too much trouble. There is a spa and in the holiday deal we received a free hammam, my friend had a full body massage treatment, which she described as the most relaxing and best massage she had ever had. We ate again at the hotel and chose food from the other menu, this food was perfect, the starter and main course dishes were fantastic, no room for a sweet. There is an outdoor swimming pool, one part of it is heated, the seating area around it is calm and restful. The sun beds are comfortable and there is a large towel on each bed. There is a gym, the equipment needs some attention as there are faults on each piece, but it gave me a good excuse not to use it!
My only complaint was there was only one excursion book available, we had wanted to visit the Atlas mountains and the book had been given to other guests, they kept it for two days. Without the book we were unable to see the options available and the Receptionist was unable to remember the prices and the details. I feel they lost our business because of this, as we booked our trip in the Souks, which did not go entirely as planned but we got there in the end.
Would recommend this hotel and it's fantastic service, I forgot to mention the owner, he is on hand throughout, asking about your stay and the service you are receiving, would visit again and again.

Room Tip: Every room would be fantastic.
2  Thank DianeW64
Reviewed 26 November 2011

This may sound like a cliché, but we found the Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa in Marrakech to be an oasis in the desert. Set against the backdrop of the Atlas Mountains, this is one of Morocco’s true hidden gems.

15 minutes by car from the airport and Jemaa El Fna (main town), the Sirayane is far enough from the hustle and bustle of the market square and souks, but with numerous free shuttle services put on by the hotel, you can be in the thick of things in no time at all.

We stayed for a week and thoroughly enjoyed being there; the staff and management are uncompromising in the level and quality of service provided. The food is good with both Moroccan and international cuisine options. The hotel is modern and elegant; we were spoilt for choice with two swimming pools (one heated), a tennis court, gym, spa treatments & hammam (heavenly!) and three luxurious lounge areas (one with a bar – they do a mean pina colada!). The Sirayane is incredibly spacious whilst remaining intimate. It’s in a league of its own and is nothing like the busy resorts that most tourists will stay at. If you’re looking for a truly unique and relaxing experience with value for money then you should definitely consider staying here.

We would highly recommend the Sirayane and wouldn’t fault a thing, except that out stay had to come to an end. We are already looking forward to going back!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great - you have a choice of choosing one with either a private garden or terrace...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shaz_Rod
Reviewed 25 November 2011

My husband and I got a fabulous groupon deal for our anniversary so no children to run around after. when our flight landed in the evening we could not find our hotel taxi and like most locals from this beautiful city the airport staff could not have been more helpful, they put a call out over the tannoy and within a few minutes our driver appeared to help us to the car. After a 10 min ride to the hotel we where greeted at reception wth pastries and mint tea, whilst staff sorted everything else behind the scenes allowing us to relax and soak up the ambience of this beautiful hotel. The decor of the hotel is very calming and minimilistic and as I have a passion for interiors this was right up my street. We were lucky enough to get a garden room, which was only a few steps to the pool and the fabulous double loungers allowing us to enjoy the warm sunshine. I dont think the white plastic ones in Spain will ever feel the same and to be honest I feel Spain could learn from the service we experienced whilst at the Sirayane. Nothing was ever a problem and it was a lovely, relaxing experience with a personal service that never felt intrusive. I would like to personally thank Adile the night manager who was very knowledgable and proud of his home city. He gave us lot's of great information and always guided us in the right direction and is an absolute credit to the hotel and it's owners again nothing was ever to much trouble. It was lovely to have the contrast of the hustle bustle of the medina against the chilled out vibe of the Sirayane and with the free transfers it was always nice to come back to the tranquility of the hotel. We had a few spa treatments that I would recommend but would suggest that you ask the therapist to explain the treatment up front so that she doesn't miss anything out. Food and drink was nice and as with most places in Marrakech alcohol was expensive. I would go as far as to say that this was probably one of my favourite holidays, we felt really safe in the medina and loved the culture and history of Marrakech. From the warm welcome of the locals, to the buzzing nightlife of the medina, I actually enjoyed it more than I expected to and really cannot recommend it hightly enough! I would go back in a heartbeat although fear that without a great deal from groupon it may just be out of my reach. I would like to thank Sirayane for the lovely memory of our anniversary and the nice glass of champagne we hope to see you again soon!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a garden room or if you can afford it ask to upgrade to a suite with its own private pool. W...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2011

We had a fabulous relaxing stay at the Sirayane - we booked it via a Groupon voucher and jokingly said that if it wasn't up to much, we hadn't spent a lot of money on it and would stay somewhere else! The hotel is lovely - large wooden doors opening into high celiing'd rooms: low furniture and all quite minimalist. The attention to service and detail is very impeccable from the relaxed seated check-in where tea and pastries were served, to the walk round and shown the amenities so no time was wasted trying to find them, to the sprinkling of fresh rose petals on our sheets each evening. The hotel clearly prides itself on the personal approach - on our first day a man stopped by our lunch table to introduce himself - it was the owner: that's the level of service at the Sirayane: personal but not intrusive. You could easily spend all of your Marrakech trip at the Sirayane, relaxing on the divans by the pool, or in the spa - it's hard to believe it is only ten minutes from the hustle and bustle of the souk and Medina!

Room Tip: We had a first floor room in the main building but the garden rooms looked great too!
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Have just returned from a 5 day break at the Sirayane Hotel and my first trip to Morocco. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. The hotel arranged for a private transfer and when we arrived at the hotel were greeted with mint tea and pastries whilst we checked in - a perfect start to our trip! Our luggage was taken to our room whilst we were shown around the hotel and spa areas. Our room was clean and spacious with robes and slippers provided. The standard of the food served was excellent - great variety at breakfast with made to order omlettes available, lots of fresh juices, fruit, pastries, cheeses etc.. The waiters were incredibly attentive without being intrusive and took the time to run through the menu explaining the dishes to us. I can recommend the tagines and the house wine! Both food and wine were also incredibly good value for money. The pool area is lovely with large 'day beds' with shades available and the smaller pool is heated. We also had a hamman treatment in the spa which was fantastic - the therapists in the spa were really personable. There was a lounge area with a computer set up with free internet access and also a real fire which was lit each evening. I was very impressed with the free shuttle service into town which operated up until 11:15pm - we did get a cab back one night which was 150 dirhams. I loved the fact that the hustle & bustle of the Djemaa El Fna was only 15 mins away from the relaxed atmosphere at the Sirayane - what a contrast!! Nothing appeared to be too much trouble with staff going out of their way to ensure that our trip was perfect. I will definitely be a return visitor to the Sirayane :)