“For anyone considering staying at the Sirayane Hotel - YOU MUST!”

Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa
Ranked #38 of 501 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I went in May 2013 for 4 days with my boyfriend as a surprise 30th birthday present to him. I mentioned this to the staff at Sirayane via email prior to the holiday and they made our stay extra special. We were upgraded on arrival from the privilege (standard room) to the Junior Suite with its own private garden which was absolutely lovely. We dined at the hotel one night and the food was delicious, a good variety including traditional Moroccan tagine cooked to perfection. The staff then presented my boyfriend with a birthday chocolate fondue cake with a candle in at the end of the meal – this was such a nice touch. The staff are so friendly and so very helpful, they are always there to offer you a drink or any assistance during your stay (without hassling you!). The hotel is extremely clean and very modern – I could not fault it. Breakfast included a HUGE variety of hot & cold food, catering for everyone – cooked breakfast, cereals, croissants, toast, pancakes, yoghurts, fruit and all beverages you can think of. The hotel offers a free shuttle bus service into Marrakech centre which is only a 10/15 minute drive – they have set times the shuttle bus leaves so you must book your shuttle bus a day in advance or the morning at least. If you choose to dine outside of the hotel I recommend Le Comptoir (very lively & great fun) & Riad Monceau (a beautiful setting). Overall my boyfriend & I had a wonderful time at the Sirayane and are recommending it to everyone we know – thanks for an extra special holiday we won’t forget, see you soon!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hannah C

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Overall we had a very enjoyable stay.

We had 6 nights in a pool villa recently and were very impressed with the accommodation, particularly the pool which my 4 year old loved ( obviously.) Excellent big walk in shower, made from concrete. Room kept spotless and well made-up during our stay. I thought the room was very good value.

Service was friendly and attentive, although we had the occasional wooden service moment, for example discord about where we sat in the restaurant.

Breakfast fine, lunch ok; food just didn't light my fire though and I like to look forward to meals when I stay at a hotel. Food not bad , just not memorable, and so we went out most nights.

Well organised transfers to and from the airport / city. We opted for private ones but the hotel's shuttle seemed to work really well.

Enough wireless service to get your mail or view the web from time to time; don't expect continuous service though.

My wife used the spa and didn't like the massage ( including certain bits should be agreed up front she says), but enjoyed the hamman.

Little niggles; cold drinks not cold, being charged ( sometimes) for a decent coffee at breakfast, laminated menus :( , diesel generator adjacent to our villa operated occasionally, could be slightly more family friendly

Worth noting: some limited air traffic close by during our stay.... which in my case helped relieve the tedium of sunbathing.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LikingLuxury
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

A great hotel for exploring Marrakech, trips into the Atlas Mountains and also lazing by the pool and soaking up the gorgeous surroundings. Hotel buildings -lovely, rooms - stylish, clean and spacious, food - very acceptable but not the best we had in Marrakech; free bus into town v handy to pop into the souk or out for dinner. Staff couldn't be more helpful, the owner checked with us several times if all was ok. Bar staff especially awesome and drivers especially Sayed who took us out for the day to the mountains - highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

I cannot fault this hotel, it was amazing! Staff are exceptional, you could not ask for anymore. I have coeliac disease, on arrival I showed my dietary card ( explaining coeliac in Arabic) from that moment I did not have to worry, the menu was explained to me- what I could and couldn't have, all the staff were aware and they ensured all my food was suitable! Brilliant! Better than at home! The rooms are beautiful, cleaned twice a day. Breakfast was great, the pool is amazing! The whole atmosphere is relaxed, we were utterly spoilt! The manager spoke to us daily and even waved us off when we left! We really didn't want to leave but we will definitely be back! Thank you to all the staff- brilliant!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Yes it's out of town...but it's all the better for that. Escape the madness of Marrakech and laze by the pools on sumptuous sun beds. The hotel has a shuttle bus that drops off and pick up in town so visiting the markets etc. is easy. My wife enjoyed the spa... I don't really get the point of having buckets of water thrown over me... but if you do the spa is calm, clean and hot!

The restaurant is very good serving both local and western food... not the best we've ever had, but for Marrakech it's good quality. The slow cooked shoulder of Lamb is delicious...and enough for a small family.

Our room was very spacious, loads of wardrobe space and the turn down service made the room inviting each evening. The bathroom (wet room) was huge.

Marrakech.. no thanks. Sirayane... we'll be back.

Room Tip: Garden rooms by the pool are always requested and despite booking one we ended up in the main hotel...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trebor82
Reviewed 21 May 2013

My partner and I stayed in this hotel for four nights in March. It was a very relaxing stay. We used the shuttle bus from the airport, 20 Euros and as many reviewers have mentioned, the airport is not far but it made life easy to have a car waiting for you on arrival. It was easy to arrange by e-mail before travel and the cost was added to our bill.

The hotel is situated on the outskirts of town and we were quite grateful to have a place of rest away from the crowds and noise of town. The free shuttle bus was handy, the return times can be a bit odd in comparison to the departure times. Departure times when we stayed were 09h30, 11h, 15h, 17h, 19h30 and 22h30 while return times were 10h30, 13h, 15h45, 18h30, 22h and 23h15. If many guests book for a certain time the hotel did organize two buses so we were always guaranteed a seat. Although if you missed a bus or wanted to go to town at a different time from the shuttle a private car at 20 Euros could be arranged.

Breakfast had a good range of items,hot and cold, the only thing we did not like was that on occasions birds flew in and nibbled at the croissants and pastries. These were usually replaced only if noticed by staff. I think it would be a good idea to have mesh covers for such items to prevent this.

There was a really nice fire place which was lovely to sit by in the evening and have a drink.

We had a superior room with balcony which overlooked the pool. It was a good size and very clean. The evening turn down service with rose petals was a nice touch.

In all I can not really fault the hotel, the staff are really friendly especially Simon at reception who was always so helpful with information.

If you want somewhere away from town that has good service, clean decent sized rooms, a nice atmosphere and willing to pay that bit extra then I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Just returned from a 9 night stay in this lovely hotel which my husband booked. It was our first holiday as a family with our daughter of 8 months and I am 6 months pregnant with our 2nd bundle of joy! It is a wonderful hotel for quiet relaxation and although it is quiet we didn't feel uncomfortable having our cute noisy little bundle of joy with us by the pool, in fact everyone adored her and she got lots of fuss and attention, much to her delight!

The restaurant waiters and pool attendants were fab and very friendly. I have only rated service as average as we have been fortunate to stay in various highly rated hotels worldwide and the service in general i.e. reception, advice on where to eat, were to go, room service etc was not of the high standard we have experienced elsewhere. I'm not sure if this was a language barrier, but every time we asked for a recommendation for a place to go, or restaurant to eat in we were told it would not be suitable with a child but no other alternative was offered.

We are use to London prices and found the hotel expensive but the quality of the food was of a high standard, yum! Rooms were very slick and stylish and a peaceful night’s sleep was had (well as peaceful as you can imagine with an 8 month old) :-) Cleanliness was great and cleaners were very friendly and did a fab job, I've never stayed somewhere where the cleaner waits outside to clean your room if you put a do not disturb sign up (due to baby sleeping).

Location I rated as average as although my husband said he picked it so we were not in the heart of Marrakech and therefore wouldn't hear the prayers at 4am, there is nothing you can walk to from this hotel. You have to either get a transfer (times of transfers are unusual) or you have to book their private car at 20 euros one way. The hotel will not book you a normal taxi, you have to use their private car which is the same as the shuttle except your using it at a different time, we got a return from the medina one of the days at 100 dirham.

I put the children’s activities as 1 only because there weren't any. My husband said it was a family friendly resort and the staff did make a fuss of our little one but the travel cot in the room had a tear in it, which we only noticed when we put her in it and she could have rolled out!!! As it was late we switched the cot around so it was facing the wall i.e. she couldn’t fall out of the broken side. There was only 1 highchair in the restaurant so if another family was using it then you would have to use your pushchair to feed little one. We had a suite room so all on the ground floor which was great with the buggy. The pool was very cold as we had beautiful weather the, it certainly worked a treat to cool us down but I had to play a game with my daughter to get her in without crying as she is use to a warm pool in the UK for her swimming lessons. Once she was in though she was fine and loved it!

I sampled a treatment at the spa and really enjoyed it but the English was not good and the lady had to leave to get someone to translate when I asked for an extra pillow as I can't lay flat while pregnant. Nothing was asked i.e. any allergies to what they were using (I wasn't sure what was used!) or any additional requirements due to being pregnant. The treatment itself was on par with others I have had elsewhere. I had a look at the gym which was small but had all you needed for a workout (not that I did one in my condition!)

The style and design of the hotels is wonderful and it was great for what we wanted on this occasion i.e. a quiet, relaxed break away before our second baby is born and I would recommend it as a very good hotel for a break away. We had a lovely stay.

The Roses x