“A sanctuary from the beautiful madness of the Medina”

Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa
Ranked #38 of 499 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for five nights over the Easter holiday. This little hotel truly became our relaxing sanctuary and place to forget about work and everything at home.

An interesting observation that made it a little more relaxing was that this was not a "locals" spot. Everyone at the hotel was from western countries; American, French, Spanish, Belgian, etc. It made it so that as a woman, I felt comfortable wearing my normal above the knee strapped dresses, laying in my swimming suit, etc. Also, I heard the staff speak Spanish, French, and English, which made me feel that they really are trying to accommodate to the needs of their customers.

We took in as much as the sun as we could. This involved drinking by the pool during the day, enjoying an outside lunch and resting before taking a late afternoon/evening shuttle into the Medina to experience the wonderful intensity of the streets of Marrakesh.

Shuttle Service.
The shuttle service was really prompt and the 10 minute drive in was no issue for us at all. The shuttle dropped and picked you up right at the main square. I would have liked more shuttle times, but the times they did have were not difficult to work around. One note: The local taxi cab drivers know the shuttle and they will tell you that it has left. It will not leave without you.

Restaurant:
We had several lunches at the restaurants and we ate dinner at the restaurant twice and it was lovely both evenings, but we agreed that we couldn't have had dinner in the restaurant every night. I've read other reviews where they thought the alcohol was expensive. We found that if you stick to wine or beer it is reasonably priced.

Service:
Everything you read is true, the service is incredible. From the moment you arrive you feel welcome. You are given mint tea, they carry your bags, etc. The owner truly cares about the people who are staying in the hotel, and if you are around, he will greet you every day to see how you are doing. The rooms are nice and clean. The maid staff makes little arrangements with the bed sheets and leaves your roses. I thought that was a sweet touch. It was always nice to come back in the evening after being in the Medina to see what beautiful bed-art awaited me.

The Pool:
The pool area is well sized for the hotel, and is surrounded by comfy beds, not loungers, to relax on. For a couple this was perfect, because you could really lay side by side and enjoying relaxing together in the same space. There are actually two pools, the cold pool and the warm pool. During our trip, most of the people spent their time in the warm pool. I kind of wished there was a Jacuzzi, but you can't have it all. There are only two downsides to the pool. One, although they serve drinks they don't serve lunch or snacks, so if you want to eat, you have to go up to the restaurant. I love eating by the pool (it really reminds me that I'm on holiday), so I missed that. Also, the pool area is perfectly sized, but it seems extra small when poorly behaved children are running around without supervision splashing everyone who is laying near the pool. This isn't a sign at all of the wonderful staff or hotel, but just an unfortunate consequence for staying at a more boutique hotel with some less than considerate guests.

As a final note, if I could give more than five I would. I absolutely loved staying here!

2  Thank calitocam

Reviewed 24 April 2014

My wife and I spent a relaxing 10-night stay (4th-14th April 2014) at the Sirayane Boutique Hotel and Spa. From the warm welcome and mint tea on arrival to our final goodbyes, we were treated with exemplary service and courtesy throughout our stay. The hotel's design, decor and ambience lived up to the previous reviews and our expectations and the staff are very professional and made our stay a complete delight. This is an excellent hotel for those looking for a relaxing location but close enough to Marrakech and the Atlas Mountains (of which you get an excellent view from the restaurant and bar, especially as they were still snow-covered) to satisfy the explorer and sightseer. The pools are excellent and serviced by attendants who provided fresh towels and even went to the extent of adjusting the parasols as the sun moved around to provide then relevant shade on the comfortable sun beds. The exercise room in the spa contains a good mix of apparatus, exercise weights, steps etc.We would highly recommend the Sirayane to couples and as the school Easter holidays approached there was an increase in families with young children all enjoying themselves in the refreshing and safe heated and cool pools, especially as the temperatures were in the high 30's for most of our stay. We booked half-board and the food in the restaurant provided a good variety and quality. The Sports Bar also has a very impressive array of satellite channels so those wishing to keep up to date with their favourite sporting events whilst on holiday are very well catered for too. Our room was a Prestige Room and had its own private garden area with seating and sun loungers. As we had a late departure we were also allocated a temporary room at the end of our final day.

Room Tip: The Prestige Rooms are ideal for the pool areas and have no stairs to negotiate. Rooms in the main h...
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We arrived here after 3 days in Essouria looking for a relaxing haven - and we were not disappointed! As soon as we arrived we were given some mint tea and some towels for the pool - the pool is so impressive, fantastic views of the mountains and always a spare sunbed to relax on!

We ate lunch at the hotel everyday and had cocktails before heading into the square - all service was impeccable.

The owner introduced himself to us and spoke to us everyday - even recommending restaurants in the centre - thank you!

The mini bus is great - takes 10 mins to get to square and is free of charge.

Have stayed in the centre before and would never again after staying at Sirayane - lovely to get away from the hustle and bustle.. This is a truly a special resort!

Thanks all!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 23 April 2014

A great 8 night break at the Sirayane Hotel with my Daughter & family. The hotel staff were excellent and saw to everything we needed especially for my two grandchildren. All the reviews were spot on. i would definitely return to this peaceful Oasis

Room Tip: our rooms were in the main hotel we had a lovely balcony looking over to the Atlas Mountains & t...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank maureen68
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The danger with places that score rave reviews is that they sometimes fail to live up to the high expectations you have as a result. Not so with the Sirayane. This really is a little gem. I thought it was the perfect size - large enough to boast good facilities, small enough to feel calm and intimate. The pool is the perfect size for a decent swim. The path around the rooms is about 300m, so you easily use it as a jogging track for a couple of miles in the early morning cool. That's how I justified copious pancakes at breakfast (there are at least 3 different sorts!)

The restaurant caters for vegetarians - they're happy to tweak the menu for you so just ask. There are veggie versions of the tagine and the couscous that aren't listed on the menu, and they will knock you up a decent veggie salad for lunch.

The owner is a lovely guy. The drivers, pool man, porters and restaurant staff are all very helpful. The night receptionist made us orange juice, coffee, yoghurt and cake at 5am for our departure.

After the madness of the medina it's lovely to wake up to the birdsong at the Sirayane. We thought it was the perfect complement to the bustle of the city, and as others have said, the shuttle works well. We got a couple of taxis - once when we came back in the early hours of the morning and once when we missed the shuttle because my husband's watch broke (no we didn't buy it in Marrakech!). We paid 150 MAD each time. I expect you could bargain harder and get it a little cheaper if you were more skilled than us.

All in all I thought it was excellent value for money and I expect we paid at the highest end of its room prices as we were there over the peak Easter week.

Room Tip: If you book a garden suite as we did consider whether you would prefer the morning or evening sun as...
1  Thank Yogamad1
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

A few miles outside of Marrakech the shuttle bus turns down a dirt track. You worry what you have let yourself in for. Then the security guard opens the gate. Welcome to a world of tranquility. The owner/manager/staff can't do enough to make sure everything is perfect.
The shuttle bus is prompt and reliable.
The food is delicious.
If you want a quiet retreat away from the hustle and bustle of the centre then try this hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 57andy
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

From the moment we arrived we knew it was going to be a magical stay. The owner and his wonderful staff greeted us and showed us to our lovely room. Our 3 day stay consisted of lazing round the lovely peaceful pool, where the sun bed man had perfected the knack of moving the parasols to just the right spot! We had a hamman-what a fab experience! The food was first class and the service second to none. It was such a great holiday made special by everyone at the Sirayane. We will definitely return very soon!

• Stayed: April 2014