“Made me feel at home a world away”
Review of MonRiad

MonRiad
Ranked #53 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Having had a colleague stay there and advised I stay there on my visit to Marrakech I figured I would give it a try. I contacted them by email and received an almost immediate response from Manuela. We agreed on a time and place to meet and was greated by Samia. Upon entering the Riad I was in heaven. It was a beautiful hidden gem. I absolutely loved the place. Its close enough to the markets and the square but just outside enough and very relaxing. It was great to come back from a day at the souks and just relax. The rooms were comfortable, the staff are the most kind and accommodating people I have ever met while travelling and were very friendly. I had the pleasure to stay at both of their riads which were amazing. And the rooftop terrace was a beautiful zen like touch. While there, the gentleman who assists at the second riad provided me the absolute best breakfast spread. Overall, I really cannot get over what an amazing place this is. Not only are the accommodations fantastic, the staff are absolutely amazing. I will definitely recommend this place to anyone who goes to Marrakech. Manuela, Barbara, Luca, Samia and everyone else. Thank you! You truly made my stay memorable!

-Matt from Canada

Room Tip: Any room is a great room!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Matt S
MonRiad, Propriétaire at MonRiad, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2014

Dear Matt,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at MonRiad with the Trip Advisor Community.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Riad. Good comments such as yours are really important and useful for us. You may rest assured that they will be forwarded to all persons concerned.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon in Marrakech, for business or leisure, we remain,

with best regards,

Manuela

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Great location, cosy environment. Spotless rooms. Breakfast absolutely stunning with Italian black coffee, perfect in order to face the lively Marrakech, homemade jams and yogurt, fruits and orange juice freshly squeezed. It was all perfect except for a tiny misunderstanding: as we were landing in Marrakech really late, we booked the hotel transfer from the airport to the city and we were expecting to be picked up from someone who unfortunately never showed up. We sorted it out differently and got to the hotel at 2 am. That may suggest them to pay more attention when choosing collaborators and staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
MonRiad, Direttore at MonRiad, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Teresa,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at MonRiad. Perfect in order to face the lively Marrakech
Please accept my apologies for the tiny misunderstanding about the transfert .
Thank you for your honest feedback, We appreciate the opportunity to learn from your experience and improve the services we offer our guests.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

A wonderful experience in the heart of the Medina. The Monriad is really well situated to explore the sights and sounds on your doorstep but the beauty of the Monriad is it is tucked away so you feel as though you are away from the hustle and bustle of the square and souks.
The Monriad was spotlessly clean and rooms comfortable and well designed with plenty of space. The icing on the cake was the fabulous staff who made my holiday ... thanks to Luca, Manuela, Samia and my beautiful smiley huggable NADIA !!!! :-D
Luca .. please tell Nadia i am missing her lots !!! :-D
I highly recommend if you plan to visit Marrakech that you stay at the Monriad .. superb !!
Sheila (Karen & Debbie)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
MonRiad, Direttore at MonRiad, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

ear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your time at MonRiad.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay at MonRiad and that you will definitely be joining us again. Thank you for your kind words regarding the fantastic service that you experienced from making your reservation with us. I will be sure to personally pass on your thanks to my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to MonRiad.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were quite apprehensive about visiting Marrakech but needn't have
worried. Luca, Manuela and their helpful and friendly team were always happy to give advice.
A special hello to Samia who can speak Arabic/French and English and Nadia who had a lovely smile and a hug for us every morning :-D The rooms are traditional,clean and tidied with fresh towels daily. The food is freshly prepared including fruit, home-made yoghurt, home-baked pancakes, cakes and breads for breakfast and tasty tagines for evening meals (which can be ordered). The rooftop terrace is nice for relaxing after a day bartering at the souks. We found the locals to be friendly and welcoming; yes, they like the best price for their goods, but are open to bartering and friendly banter; we didn't encounter any hostility. However, when visiting the Medina be warned of anyone saying they work at your hotel and offering to take you to better
shops. This happened to us and not wanting to appear rude we followed him for about 50 yards before realising we didn't recognise him and turned away quickly.
Make sure you take a trip to the Atlas Mountains (take comfortable footwear) .. absolutely beautiful
and a chance to visit the Berber villages and the local people.
All in all a great experience and we would highly recommend the MonRiad for anyone wishing to stay in the heart of the Medina. Thank you Luca, Manuela and ALL your lovely staff - Karen, Debbie and Sheila

Room Tip: The rooms on the ground floor open onto the reception area - to be avoided if you are early to bed o...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
MonRiad, Direttore at MonRiad, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear ,

I am so thrilled that you think the MonRiad is traditional,clean and tidied with fresh towels daily and thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are very centrally located on a quiet street in the hearth of the Medina. The rooftop terrace is nice for relaxing after a day bartering at the souks.

I have passed your king words to all the team who appreciate it and we do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance at any time.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We were very happy to find MonRiad after we spent our first night in Marrakesh in some ugly place.
MonRiad is nice and clean, designed with taste and a mix between traditional riad and european style. The staff was really helpful and friendly. Our room was clean, nicely furnitured and pleasant to stay. Bathroom was clean and towels changed every day. The only thing that could be improved in room nr 3 is some more opaque window cover in the bathroom as the window goes out on the street and neighbours have their windows open in the evenings.
And the breakfasts are great. We will really miss fruit salad and arabic yogurth.
Thanks to Mon Riad for making our stay at Marrakesh so pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
MonRiad, Direttore at MonRiad, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We very much value feedback about the toilets as we can improve our services.

I am pleased you enjoyed your room and appreciated out location. Our Riad is ideal for exploring Marrakech .

I hope we can welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

So glad we decided chose to stay at Monriad! The beginnings of our Moroccan trip was exhausting between planes, layovers, trains, and waiting for trains in the rain! Needless to say we showed up at Monriad late on our first night to be greeted by impeccable service!
Our hotel manager sat us down in the dining room and reopened the kitchen to make us dinner while the staff brought all out bags to our room.
The service was fantastic for the duration of our stay, the room was clean and comfortable, and the manager gave us great tips for exploring and eating while in Marrakech.
The only downside was the placement of our shower in the bedroom and it having only one wall enclosure, but that is minor compared to the overall gem of a place!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Juju32,

Thank you very much for taking he time to review your stay with us. I was very pleased to read that our staff were able to look after you so well during your stay

I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Marrakech.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Fantastically tranquil Riad close to the Jemaa el-Fnaa and souks. Excellent staff and good food make it a welcome retreat at the end of a day in the chaos of Marrakech. Cool, too, when you need to get out of the heat.

Room Tip: WiFi doesn't seem to make it to every room. If WiFi in room is important, avoid rooms on top flo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
MonRiad, Direttore at MonRiad, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you very much your review and for choosing MonRiad
I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated our ideal location close to Palais Bahia and the Square.
Our staff is always there to anticipate guest needs and make sure guest has enjoyable experience.
I hope we can welcome you back in the future!