“outstanding customer service and great location”
Review of Riad Kheirredine

Riad Kheirredine
Ranked #4 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We booked this riad after reading the good reviews on trip advisor and the reviews are absolutely correct, this is a fantastic place to stay. The staff are excellent and nothing is too much trouble for them. This is a relaxing and welcoming riad that I would highly recommend. When we arrived, we had booked dinner which was a four course meal of delicious morroccon food, the breakfast is very good too. Tea,coffee, water, fruit and fresh juices are available to guests at any time. Valentina and her colleague arranged for us to visit a hamman that they use themselves and it was relaxing and reasonably priced. We stayed for two nights in the amber room which was beautifully decorated and comfortable. The mobile phone that was provided to us was very useful as we did get lost a couple of times! The location of this riad is only 10-15 mins walk away from the main square so I would say that it is very central but far enough to be in a quiet place, so it is ideal. Also the Marrakech museum and palaces are within easy walking distance or you can get a cab 5 mins walk from the riad, We didn't use the small plunge pool as it is not heated but I am sure that it would be very refreshing in summer! The price paid to stay in this fantastic l riad was definitely worth every penny and my only regret is that I would have liked to have stayed longer!

Room Tip: contact the hotel directly to check availability
3  Thank Sandy23456
riadkheirredine, Manager at Riad Kheirredine, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2016

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience of Riad Kherredine with the Tripadvisor community.

We are really pleased to read your feedback. Positive remarks such as yours are most important and useful for us. They have been of course forwarded to all team members concerned.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

I chose this hotel based on the TA reviews. When traveling by myself security is very I important to me. They give you a local cell phone and this came in very handy as my first night I was coming back through the medina and was sent the wrong way by a local. In all my travels I had never met so many locals who deliberately try to get you lost (they do this so that one of their friends can "help" you and you pay them money. This was tried a few times with me but by the end I knew the right way to get home. So back to the story, I called the Riad on the phone they gave me and they sent one of their young men to come and get me - they have this service available 24/7 - so worth it.

The Riad arranged for a pick up (and drop off) at Casablanca airport.

They met me at the taxi stand and took me through the medina to the Riad. Greeted me with tea and cookies. I was given the Rose room for my stay. Overlooks e courtyard and great room, but if the Riad is full sometimes you can hear people going past the room on the stairs.

I went to take a shower pun my arrival and the shower did not work. They had someone there to fix it within 30 minutes - such things happen and the response to fix the problem was immediate. Separate soap and shampoo but no hair conditioner - fortunately I had brought my own. The shower has no curtain so tended to end up with a wet floor. Bed was very comfortable!

I had forgotten to bring an adapter so they lent me one.

Breakfast was great - variety of food, and a lot of food.

Location is a long way from the square - 15 minute walk. Not a huge issue as I love to walk, but could get a little crazy late at night. Dinner in the square each night at the open markets was great - but the drumming up for the business was quite offensive at times.

This was my first trip to Africa, so not sure how much this is localized to Marrakech and how much is North African, but the pushiness and deceit in trying to deliberately get tourists lost in the Medina is not something I have encountered in my previous travels. I tend to explore and end up in places where locals tend to be very hopeful in getting me back on track. I met up with some others in Marrakech who had been to Fez and they had the same experiences in Marrakech but not Fez. So the policy of the Riad in providing a local phone and guides for the Medina is much appreciated - the others were somewhat jealous, but then again they were paying much less for their Riads.

So why four stars and not five stars? The location is a long way from the square and the Palais and other historical sites. Others stayed in Riads closer to the square and for much less (but remember I had the security of the cell phone). And the e-mail they sent after my stay asking me to provide a five rating was quite off-putting. I rely on TA postings to help guide me in my choice of accommodations, and am disappointed to think that people would provide a five rating because a place they enjoyed staying asked them to. To be honest, I delayed posting my review as wanted to ensure I was fair and honest.

I greatly enjoyed my stay. The hospitality was great - comfortable rooms, great breakfasts, great guides, local cell phones. The location is not so good, and if I were to return to Marrakech I would probably stay closer to the square for less money.

Room Tip: Rose room was nice, but beware there is no shower curtain so the floor floods after you use the show...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
9  Thank AussieNarelle

Reviewed 26 December 2012

We highly recommend this Riad. We stayed 4 nights and were treated so well by the entire staff who are willing to help with any problem guests may have. As we arrived Valentina provided us with important information and asked about any dietary wishes or problems. The Kheirredine is simply a little gem. It was a relaxing place to come back to after a full day of being tourists. The roof-top terrace is something everyone should take time to enjoy; the light in the morning can be very good for taking photos and one evening when we returned to the Riad we had tea on the terrace, relaxed and took in the night view of Marrakech. Magical!

1  Thank SwissCanon

Reviewed 22 December 2012

We spent one night here and liked every detail. A special thanks to Valentina for her sweet service. It should be said that the pool is more decorative than useful, but who cares when everything else is so perfect.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Rose room, which was nice and quiet - but all rooms sem super nice
1  Thank jesperjaxx

Reviewed 18 December 2012 via mobile

The Riad is everything that everyone raved about. The entire staff, most especially Yajahaira, Ysmael, Ibrahim and Valentina were especially accommodating in every request we had. Food was awesome especially with us being vegetarians - they served great dinner and good Italian wine and breakfast was also sumptuous. The room AMBRE was very very clean. The bed sheets smelled so fresh and clean and soft (which is very important to me) and best of all .. They had warm water in the shower. Wifi was reasonably good. They gave us Mobile phones to make sure we could contact them when needed and the location is truly right in the heart of the medina. If you are looking for real Moroccan experience - this is an awesome choice

• Stayed: December 2012

Reviewed 13 December 2012

The kindness shown by all the staff in this Riad is an example to any hotel or Maison d'hôte. We were constantly cared for and our every need looked after. The rooms were beautiful (we were a group of 5 and had the Amber and Jasmine rooms - exquisite), food was wonderful and the service exemplary. But over and above this they actually cared how much we enjoyed Marrakech. Even helped us shop and get the best prices. Thank you Madame Marina (you cooked us such wonderful meals!), Valentina, Abdul, Ibrahim and all the staff of the Riad. We will be back as soon as possible!

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank riathomas00

Reviewed 5 December 2012

We stayed at this Rhiad in November and we were impressed by the extra touches like the cell phone and guides to escort you to the square/taxi stand/etc. They were really incredibly welcoming and friendly and had great suggestions for anything guests desired. We took several of their recommendations for dinner, hammam, and other outings, and all were great. Marrakesh can be a little overwhelming and it was great to know that if we got lost or ran into any trouble, we could contact the riad staff at any time to help us out. Sitting in the sun on the beautiful rooftop terrace with beers in hand was the perfect way to relax after exploring the souks and cool chaos of the medina.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple