“We expected a lot - and were blown away!”
Review of Riad Kheirredine

Riad Kheirredine
Ranked #3 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Our second Riad during our 9 day trip to Marrakesh marked the perfect ending of a wonderful stay! The Riad itself is a bit difficult to find, but the staff were more than happy to guide us safely back made this "problem" disappear. After a lovely welcoming we got situated in the beautiful Yasmine room and enjoyed a lovely dinner at the Riad (reccommended).

Breakfast was served every morning at the roof-top terrace by the most service-minded lady we have evet met (unfortunately cannot remember her name). The ladies at the reception were more than helpful 24 hours a day and made our stay complete.

We will definitely return to this Riad next time we visit Marrakesh! Our warmest recommendations - thanks for a perfect stay!

Room Tip: The Yasmine room was lovely if you do not mind stairs (three floors). A bit noise from the streets...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
riadkheirredine, Manager at Riad Kheirredine, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2016

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience of Riad Kherredine with the Tripadvisor community.

We are really pleased to read your feedback. Positive remarks such as yours are most important and useful for us. They have been of course forwarded to all team members concerned.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

My wife and I spent three nights in Riad Kheirredine for our Christmas holiday and still can't believe how great our stay was. We've been fortunate enough to do a lot of travelling and the level of service at Riad Kheirredine was on a completely different level than anywhere we have stayed before. Yajaira and Valentina felt like long-lost friends and went well out of their way to make our stay perfect. Youssef was very friendly and did a great job teaching us the route from the Riad to the square. We never had any trouble finding our way around after his lesson. Thank you so much for making our trip so special! Matt and Karina

2  Thank Matt M

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We were a family of 4 travelling in Morocco, and Riad Kheirredine was our first stop. It is a beautifully designed & serene riad a 10 minute walk from the souks. While you give up that central proximity, the value is that you get to experience the quieter, non-touristy parts of the old medina, and the riad makes it very easy for you to navigate. They give you a local cell phone pre-programmed with their number to use during your stay, and walk you to/from your destinations if needed (though we were excited to learn to navigate on our own, and felt really accomplished when we did). Valentina, Yajaira, Youssef, Brahim, and all the staff took such good care of us, it was hard to say goodbye to them. When the airline lost one of our bags, they took the time to help us call & track it down. No request was ever too much, and they were exceedingly kind & helpful with directions, recommendations and information about our surroundings. Breakfast & dinner in their dining room was delicious & cozy, and their rooftop terrace with spectacular views was a favorite late afternoon spot. We stayed in the 3-level Jasmine Suite, which was perfect for families - Master bedroom on top, kids in the middle, and bathroom downstairs. We will miss everyone at the Kheirredine! xx

Room Tip: Jasmine Suite was great for a family of 4.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank A H

Reviewed 6 January 2014

In a luxury hotel market dominated by a few big chains Riad Kheirredine shows that luxury doesn't have to mean boring conformity.

Everything about the place is outstanding: comfort, care, food, drinks, location, I could rave on...and on.

What really makes Riad Kheirredine so different is its standard of service: everything is done with warmth, professionalism and care. We would like to thank Valentina, the joint GM, and her team for making our stay so memorable. Bravo!

Room Tip: Book early as it is VERY popular.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

The Riad is located in the northern part of the Medina, the old city of Marrakesh, about 20 minutes walk from the main square. Getting there takes you straight into the Marrakesh experience. The taxi has to stop at a small square about five minutes from the Riad. For 15 euros the hotel arranged a transfer from the airport and a member of staff met us at there. Immediately you are in the characteristic red-stone walkways of the medina, along with the local people, the frenetic mopeds and the plodding donkeys. Once past the front door, the Riad feels like an oasis, beautifully calm and clean. There is a central courtyard with a small swimming pool, surrounded by the rooms with the terrace at the top. On arrival we were offered refreshments and then the staff took great care to ensure we understood everything we needed to know. As other visitors have mentioned, they provided us with a mobile phone that we could call at any time if needed from anywhere. Although we never did need this, it was very reassuring. The first time we left the Riad a member of staff went with us to make sure we knew the way, and no doubt would have come again or met us somewhere if we had ever needed it. The rooms are very Moroccan and characterful, clean and agreeable with good firm beds and good standard shower rooms. We were there for three nights in January, and the heating kept the rooms warm. The terrace is a real treat, with views across the skyline of Marrakesh to the mountains beyond, and nice white sofa-style furniture to sit or lie on. One can have breakfast there as well, or in a dining room by the courtyard, which we did as the air was fresh on January mornings. There is water in the mini-bar, and hot drinks available at any time, all included in the price. We really enjoyed the mint tea or coffee and Moroccan biscuits we received after coming back from our excursions. The staff helped us find and book a day trip into the Atlas mountains and made sure we got what we were looking for at a fair price. On our last day we were not leaving until late afternoon. We were not only made welcome to stay until then at no extra cost but were even upgraded to a larger room for the last night and day. The friendly helpfulness of the service provided by the staff was outstanding. That and the character of the Riad made for a super mini-break and a great experience of Marrakesh and the Atlas mountains.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ptwh

Reviewed 3 January 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Riad Kheirredine during our recent holiday to Marrakech.

Beyond the beautiful decor, cozy rooms and calming nature of the Riad itself, the staff simply made our holiday in Morocco a fantastic experience.

It was hands down the best level of service we have ever experienced at a hotel. From the moment you wake up in the morning, to the time you go to bed, the staff at Riad Kheirredine is there to provide you with whatever you need to make you feel 100% at home. My wife and I left feeling that we were part of their family.

2  Thank Ian D

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I stayed at Riad Kheirredine for 4 days just before Christmas. I was traveling alone and it was my first time in Morocco so I had no idea what to expect. I chose the riad from doing Google search and I thought the reviews might be overly generous but I didn't have any other way to judge so I went with it. As I was making arrangements the staff was very helpful in offering airport transportation and assistance with day trips and other needs. When I arrived in Marrekech, I was greeted at the airport exactly as promised and driven to the riad. Once there, Youssef met me at the gate of the Medina with someone to help with my luggage. I was greeted by the hotel staff with mint tea and a hand towels, and realized immediately that I couldn't have made a better choice. The hotel, and particularly my room, were warm, beautiful and calm -- which is saying a lot in Marrakech. But beyond the beauty and sophistication of the place, I was most impressed by the staff and the attention they paid to me and my needs. I was given a cell phone with everyone's number to use during my stay, and whenever I used it to call the hotel staff answered to assist. I asked the staff to help arrange for a day trip to Assoauria. Not only did they book the ticket, but when I asked for directions to the bus station on the morning of my trip, the staff had already arranged for the hotel's driver to drive me to the bus station. And during my stay in Assoauria, Youssef called to make sure I had arrived and that everything was ok. When I asked for food, it was served (beautifully) either in my room or on the beautiful rooftop terraces. Marrakech was amazing and hectic, but whenever I was at Riad Kherridine I felt soothed and comfortable. There were days when I had to talk myself into leaving the hotel. I could go on, but my advice would be to simply choose the riad Kherredine for a wonderful stay in the Medina.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo