As with many reviewers we booked this place on the basis of its outstanding ranking on trip advisor. Overall I have to say that the Riad met our expectations across the board. We have never felt as looked after and the staff from hotel management to wait staff and cleaners were very friendly and 100% concerned that we were happy with our stay. I could wax lyrically about this place for hours however I'd just like to address a couple of the criticisms others have made.
1) Location - it is about a 10 min walk to the start of the market area and 20 mins to the main square. Its a lot quieter in the immediate area around the Riad which isn't a bad thing - you avoid all the touristy nonsense that goes on in the heart of the Medina. Yes its easy to get lost but the Riad staff are ALWAYS available to escort you the majority of the way to your destination and at the end of the day losing yourself in a Moroccan Souk is an experience in itself.
2) The food served for breakfast and dinner really is outstanding - and probably fattening! The breakfast including fruit, pancakes, pastries, cheese and local bread as well as juice/tea/coffee sets you up for a day of walking and while yes you couldn't eat it day after day, if we had wanted something different the staff were more than happy to bear us in mind - e.g. we even asked for non-fat milk with our coffee and our afternoon lattes (!) which took no more than a day to arrive. And I would definitely recommend the dinner service at least on day one when you probably don't know your way around yet - 25 eur for a feast and a half after which we could barely move and it was authentic and delicious.
One thing to note is that the owners of the Riad are currently renovating the property next door which is attached - eventually to expand the existing property. As a result from about 8.30 am until 4.30 pm we did hear noise from this work. It wasn't an issue for us though as we would generally be out during the day but if you like to sleep in late you might want to ask for a room on the other side away from the work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The heart of Marrakech As when reading a book, Marrakech is ready to be leafed through. It will welcome and pamper you with that unique sense of warmth that only Morocco can offer. You will feel exhilarated by the smell of its perfumes and its light, it will be an encounter that your traveller's soul should not miss. The Riad Kheirredine has 14 unique rooms and draws its energy and originality from its capacity to function as a bridge, a connection, between the past and the present. Thanks to the refined use of silk and the art of the "thadelakt"and the "zellij", you will be able to discover the true soul of this country. The Riad can be defined like a boutique hotel as we have a personalized service. All our Rooms are equipped with: Telephone, Safety Deposit Box, Air Conditioning, Heating, Soundproofing, Hairdryer, Bathrobe, Free toiletries, Toilet, Bathroom, Bathtub(depend on room categories) or Shower, Wake-up service, Towels/Sheets, Towels and linen. In our Rates include: A full Moroccan breakfast with a touch of Italian style. Water, fresh juices, fruit, tea, coffee, cappuccino and Moroccan pastries included in the room rates. Mobile phone to communicate with our Riad 24 hours, Wi-Fi, multilingual reception 24/24 and a night watchman. Our Fusion restaurant propose an international and Moroccan cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Riad Kheirredine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Kheirredine Hotel Marrakech