Riad Al Badia
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Riad Vendome & Spa Marrakech(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$80
Agoda.com
US$635
US$621
Travelocity
Kasbah Le Mirage(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$67
US$112
Elvoline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshis teammint teathe main squareroof terracethe hustle and bustlehomemade yogurtan oasismain sitesa wonderful stayeach morningatlas mountainsbreakfast was amazingrestaurant recommendationsplunge poollittle touchesmoroccan culturesaadian tombs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Not sure what else to say about this property that has not already been said. The location is fantastic and the service is equally, if not even more fantastic. Staying in the medina can be quite a daunting proposition with the constant activity, noise, etc. However, each time I stepped into the Riad, I felt as I had been transported into a different world.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank LBOskiBear
RiadAlBadiaMarrakech, Gérant at Riad Al Badia, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2012

Dear Sir,
We all wish to thank you for your stay at Riad Al Badia, even if i twas a bit short, it was a great pleasure having you among us and we did really appreciate your interest in Marrakech and your extreme kindness with everyone of us. So thank you again and we hope to have the pleasure of receiving you again in the future, Riad Al Badia remains your oasis. Thank you for everything and take good care of you.

Reviewed 28 November 2012

We were so well looked after by Laurent and his team. Don't change a thing Laurent. You are fantastic. From the minute we arrived to our departure time, we felt so welcome. The rooms were lovely, the food fantastic and the location perfect for exploring the Medina. We especially loved the lavish Moroccan breakfast, served whenever we surfaced in the morning. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank hannahmontana

Dear Ladies,
I thank you so much for such a lovely review, Ahmed and his all team join me to express you all our heartfelt gratitude for your stay at Riad Al Badia. We had lots of pleasure meeting with you and receiving you at Riad Al Badia these few days. We remind your happiness, your enthusiasm, your interest in our culture and our cuisine, these was a real great time for us. We hope that you are all well overthere and we hope to see you again in a not too far future. You are all home at Riad Al Badia you know it, and for you aswell do not change a thing, you are all fabulous. Take good care and all the best for the nearest future.

Reviewed 26 November 2012

We stayed for 5 nights at the lovely Riad al Badia during November 2012. Hospitality at the Riad al Badia is indeed truly outstanding, the best we have encountered. From the moment we arrived, we were made welcome with mint tea and pastries served on the roof terrace, while Ahmed pointed out various locations on a map of Marrakech. When we were ready to go out, he kindly walked with us part of the way to help us get our bearings. Our room (Ivory) was pleasantly furnished, clean and comfortable. For authentic Moroccan home cooking, we strongly recommend dining at the Riad in the evening. Samira is a great cook and her 3 course dinners were delicious! Just let her know what you would like in advance. Unlike many restaurants in the Medina, there is also a wine list. The service at breakfast and dinner was both expert and friendly.
Riad al Badia is located in a quiet residential area in the southern Medina, but with easy access to a road which facilitates transportation to and from the airport (Laurent arranged this for us). Most attractions, including the Jamaa el Fna, are within a level 5-15 min stroll.
Riad al Badia provides a calm and restful haven from the hustle and bustle of the Medina, and the roof terrace, which has lovely views of the mountains, is a great place to relax in the sun. Laurent and the team took really good care of us and this added greatly to the enjoyment of our holiday. To really experience Marrakech, you have to stay in the Medina. Why take chances with your accommodation? You won’t be disappointed with the Riad al Badia. Book now!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 360Susan
RiadAlBadiaMarrakech, Gérant at Riad Al Badia, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2012

Dear Madam, dear Sir,
I thank you so much for such a lovely review. Ahmed and his all team join me to express you both our heartfelt gratitude. It was a true delight having you these few days at the riad. We all were extremely and deeply touched by your kindness with everyone of us and especially Samira. She will be pleased to cook again for you and go even further in making you discover our home made Moroccan Cuisine. We will keep an elegant and very warm souvenir of your stay, so thank you for everything you gave us during this stay . Take good care of both of you .

Reviewed 15 November 2012

We stayed in this Riad on what was supposed to be a short trip to Marrakesh. In november 2011, we finally got some free time for the honeymoon, and living close to Morroco, that was the choice destination. On the eve of our travel I contacted the riad and Laurent, the manager, actually got us a room, even on such a short notice. Thanks to our train from Casablanca being late, we got to the riad after 8pm. No problem! They were waiting for us.
We were received with the traditional morrocan tea and cookies. Delicious! They showed us on a map all the points of interest, and the following morning took us on the short walk until the square.

The first night we spent at the amber room. It's fantastic, with direct access to the terrace. Unfortunatelly, it has 2 single beds. Being our honeymoon, we wanted one bed only. Too bad. They were great about it and moved us to another room on the next day. But if I ever return with enough time, I'd probably ask for the emeraude room.

Because of a local holliday, our idea of going to essaouira couldn't happen. Again, they were great and got us to stay longer. After the amber room, we were in the turquoise room, that is very good (really, you can't beat the rooms on the terrace!). Staying longer, we moved into the ivoire room for one night. I have to say, it's the only room I didn't love. It's on the ground floor, so you get some noise from the ouside. Plus, it was the week of the eid and, because of tradition, there had been many burning goat heads in town. The smell got into the room, and it wasn't pleasant.

The next night, we moved into the perle room. It's a bigger room (if you want to stay 3 people in a room, that's probably the way to go!) and just lovely!

I might add that all the room changing was done without any trouble for us. We would just leave the luggage closed and leave for a day in the city. By the time we got back, the people from the riad had already taken our things to the next room and left it all tidy up!

I don't know if all the riads are so costumer-friendly as this. But if I ever go back to Marrakesh, that's definetly where I want to stay!

Room Tip: The only room I wouldn't recomend is the ivoire one. I would definetly recomend the emeraud room, that is on the terrace, overlooking the Atlas mountains!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Carolnl
RiadAlBadiaMarrakech, Gérant at Riad Al Badia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2012

Dear Madam,
I thank you so much for such a lovely review and the all team and I are extremely touched that 1 year later you still think about us and that you kept such a clear memory of your stay at Riad Al Badia. We have not forgotten you either, it was a very nice meeting and we were very honoured to receive you for your honeymoon. We just past 1 year already so happy anniversary and really thank you so much for all you gave us last year. We wish you all the best for the long coming years and hopefully we will see you again in a not too far future. Give us some news from time to time, we will always be pleased to know that you are both well. Thank you again and take good care of both of you.

Reviewed 11 November 2012

We stayed at Riad Al Badia 4th - 8th November 2012 in the beautiful, relaxing Corail room. Everything that has been said about this wonderful Riad is true and it even surpassed our already high expectations. The welcome is genuinely friendly and within minutes you feel at home. The Riad maintains a high level of cleanliness and the staff cater for every need imaginable. Highly recommend a meal at the Riad as the setting on the roof terrace is matched by both the high quality of the food and the warm, friendly service. I am vegetarian and was delighted by my tasty veggie tagine, The location is great, easily accessible and close to the main square. Transfers were very smooth and any queries or information we needed was provided by the knowledgeable staff. I have travelled extensively and can honestly say that this is the most genuinely friendly place I have stayed. Go and see for yourself!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Madam,
I thank you so much for your lovely review, the all team join me to express our heartfelt gratitude for your stay at Riad Al Badia. It was a pure delight having you these few days, your enthusiasm, your interest in our culture and our cuisine will remain in memories. Samira had a great pleasure cooking for you, and will do it again anytime ! Thank you also for your kindness with everyone of us, it was once again a lovely meeting. We hope to see you again in a not too far future and we wish you both all the best for the nearest future