“Amazing Morocco Adventure”
Review of Authentic Morocco

Authentic Morocco
Ranked #97 of 1,004 Tours in Marrakech
More attraction details
Owner description: Authentic Morocco Limited is based in UK and runs private tours and treks throughout Morocco that are suitable for couples, groups of friends, students and families with children. Tours run from Marrakech, Fes, Casablanca, Rabat, Tangiers and elsewhere on request including pick-up and drop-off from your riad or hotel, airport or ferryport. Authentic Morocco Limited is wholly owned by Liz Williams who, based on her many years of experience travelling and working in Morocco, handles 100% of enquiries, bookings and payments. Clients who book through 'Authentic Morocco Limited' are issued with a detailed itinerary and invoice/receipt in the name of 'Authentic Morocco Limited'. The company is bonded through the Travel Trust Association (TTA) who independently safe-guard client payments until after the tour dates.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Our Authentic Morocco tour was amazing! We are so grateful to Liz Williams for arranging such an excellent experience. Every detail was handled with perfect professionalism and we never had to worry about a thing during our 6 day tour around the country. I also appreciated that she communicated with me directly about everything and answered all my questions promptly and efficiently.

We are especially thankful to Liz for providing us with a fabulous guide and driver. Both were exceptional. They were professional from start to finish. Achmed's knowledge of Morocco is fabulous and in addition to the information normally provided, he answered every question we asked..and believe me, we had a lot of them. And Omar was a fantastic driver. In many areas the roads were often narrow and curvy and at times congested but he always handled our vehicle with the utmost poise and precision. And the drive he took us on around the dunes was phenomenal. We are in awe of his talent. I can't say enough about how much we appreciate both these gentleman. They were always on time, always helpful, and they went out of their way to make this a wonderful journey for us. Our trip was marvelous in large part because of both of them.

We also enjoyed the Ryads we stayed at (especially La Salama in Fez!). I wondered if I should book my own accommodations (which I did in Marrakech at the end of the tour) and I am so glad I did not do this and let Liz handle this. She is a terrific job of selecting ideal accommodations that were beautiful, clean, well maintained, professional run etc.

Also our city guides in Meknes and Fes were excellent.

We thoroughly enjoyed the camel trek into the desert and the overnight camp. Our only real down side was how discouraged we were to see so much litter in the desert and especially around the camp site. We took seriously and really agree with the point we read to bring out what you bring in and it was disheartening to see so much trash strewn about (toilet paper, tampon applicators, water and wine bottles, plastic bags).

Overall we highly recommend Liz Williams and Authentic Morocco. She is a consummate professional who knows her business.

All reviews
"deep desert"
in 8 reviews
"desert camp"
in 18 reviews
"kasbah ait ben damiette"
"deep camp"
"camel guide"
"fabulous trip"
"entire tour"

Reviewed 31 May 2014

My husband and I just returned from a fantastic tour of Morocco with Authentic Morocco Tours. From my first contact with Liz Williams in October until we said good-by to our driver and guide on the last day of our ten day tour in late May, we felt very cared for by an extremely professional and knowledgeable tour company and staff. Liz was extremely helpful in planning our trip with me, made some great suggestions and promptly answered countless e-mails from October until the tour began in mid-May. Her understanding of the culture, geography, sites, places to stay, and driving time and distances, is outstanding and helped her create a perfect itinerary for our tour.
We were picked up by our driver Hassan and guide Mustapha at the ferry port in Tangiers and our wonderful journey began. We visited Chefchaouen, the roman ruins at Volubilis,Meknes, and Fez, crossed the Middle Atlas mountains, saw the Ziz Valley gorges, spent the night in a tent in the small dunes, visited Skoura, the Todra Gorge, rose valley, visited Ait Benhaddou, the Ounila Valley, crossed the High Atlas mountains and spent our last few days in Marrakesh.
From the beginning Hassan and Mustapha were fantastic travel companions. They were both friendly, helpful, polite, and extremely accommodating to our requests. It was such a pleasure to spend time with them and learn so much about just a dramatically different and interesting culture. They were always prompt and very thoughtful . Mustapha always accompanied us to the riad where we were staying and made sure that we were properly settled before leaving us and always told us to call him if we needed anything. The added bonus is that both are also very funny and lots of fun to be with.
The riads we stayed in exceeded our expectations. They were lovely, served great food, had very attentive and friendly staff and were well located. We couldn't have asked for more.
In short, we had an amazing tour of Morocco and highly recommend Authentic Morocco to anyone who plans a trip there.

1  Thank gally2
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We just returned from a 10-day trip throughout Morocco that we booked through Authentic Morocco. It was wonderful! We had both a driver and English-speaking guide (Hassan and Mustafa) and visited Rabat, Fes and Marrakesh, along with a lot of smaller cities and spent one night in the desert. We really enjoyed not being part of a group, but instead could get to know places more intimately. Mustafa and Hassan were very attentive and flexible about our interests and what we wanted to see. They didn't rush us anywhere and we weren't stuck on a tight timetable like the typical tours.

Liz at Authentic Morocco was very responsive to my requests and worked with me to craft an itinerary that worked for my husband and I. We really loved the riads we stayed in. They were beautiful, very attentive staff, great food and close to everything. Overall, it was a fantastic trip and we highly recommend Authentic Morocco!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Our excursion to the desert was absolutely wonderful! Liz was so helpful in designing the excursion that we envisioned for our first trip to Morocco and the desert. Everything was perfect and our guides were so nice, helpful, accommodating and informative. I highly recommend sleeping in the desert with a nomadic Berber family--it was just my girlfriend and I and our guide with the Berber family and the enormous majestic sand dunes all around us. We trekked to the "camp" by camel, spent the hot part of the day under a tiny oasis of palm trees, and then climbed 45 minutes to the top of a biggest sand dune we could find for a spectacular sunset and a breathtaking panoramic view of the Sahara desert. I will never forget that day, and Liz made it happen. I highly recommend Authentic Morocco for your unforgettable visit to Morocco.

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 May 2014

4 day private tour - Marrakech - Desert - Marrakech

We started planning our trip about 4 months before we left. We dealt with Liz via email and she always responded so quickly and with all of the information I requested. Liz was fantastic throughout the entire tour, ensuring we had everything we needed, payment was smooth and easy and no email or question was ever a bother.

We were picked up promptly on time and the tour started. We unfortunately had no guide on our first day due to his mother being in hospital - these things can't be helped. Our driver, Omar who spoke no Engligh was fantastic. He made sure we stopped at all of the right places to get great photos. He made sure we were looked after at lunch and meet our local guide at our stop.

We were met by our guide on day two and the tour went on as planned. The accommodation that was booked was lovely - comfortable beds, large rooms and nice bathrooms.

Our night in the desert was amazing - met by our local guide who took us in to the desert - cooked us dinner and made sure we were looked after.

There is quite a lot of driving - but this is to be expected and is very clear in the itinerary so shouldn't be a shock. At times, our guide was difficult to understand and it was difficult to have a conversation with him. This was communicated back to Liz after the tour. It was the first time this particular guide was used (as our original guide couldn't make it as his mother was in hospital).

Liz followed up after the tour to ensure everything was to our standards.

I would recommend using Authentic Morocco - from beginning to end, it was a pleasure dealing with Liz.

1  Thank thewelltravelledman