“Best trip I've had in years”

Authentic Morocco - Day Tours
Ranked #56 of 784 Tours in Marrakech
More attraction details
Owner description: Authentic Morocco run private tours and treks suitable for couples, groups of friends or students and families with children. Tours run from Marrakech, Fes, Casablanca, Tangiers and elsewhere in the country on request including pick-up and drop-off in different cities. The company is registered locally as Authentic Journeys Morocco Sarl - a Morocco Tour Operator that is bonded with the Ministry of Tourism in Rabat and legally authorized to work with independent travelers and other tour operators. Our office is in Marrakech and all staff, other than Liz Williams, are Moroccan. In support of her commitment to work with the women and children of Morocco, Liz Williams is a founding member of the Children of the Sahara Foundation.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Hong Kong
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Best trip I've had in years”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Authentic Morocco created a tour for our party of 6 friends in early March 2014. Our experience was excellent and I agree with many, if not all, of the positive sentiments expressed in other "excellent" reviews here.

Liz Williams was indeed "extremely responsive, attentive and informative" (Michelle M), with a highly professional attitude but a personal and human touch.

The guys who took care of us in Morocco were also very good, including our driver Hicham, guide Mustafa and their boss, Idris. They did everything they could to ensure that the tour was as we would like it.

The tour itself (7/8 days) was well organised, and the accommodation was very good - there was one place (Chez Pierre) which served us a very nice dinner and breakfast, but the room I was in really needed some upkeep. Having said, that, the rooms that my friends had were fine. Everywhere else was superb.

Additionally, and this is important, the whole trip was very good value and exceeded our expectations.

I have since recommended Authentic Morocco to my friends, some of whom have gone and done the same trip and are equally pleased.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank WLK1

Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing Moroccan adventure”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We have just returned from an amazing 3 weeks in Morocco of which 9 days was organised by Authentic Morocco, a decision I'm so pleased to have made. Right from the outset I found Liz William to be extremely responsive, attentive and informative, nothing seemed to phase her, no question or enquiry too difficult tto answer. She certainly knows Morocco!

Following a couple of days on Fes, we were collected by Omar (driver) and Ibrahim (guide) and spent our time in the desert with Amed (our guide/cook) and completing an Atlas Mountain trek with Abdul (guide) and Ibrahim (cook) before finishing our time with in imlil and finally Marrakech.

Overall the experience was faultless, all members of the Authentic Morocco team were outstanding, always going above an beyond!

I would highly recommend Authentic Morocco for your Morocco experience.

Visited June 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Honeymoon in Morocco”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Just returned from a honeymoon trip in Morocco organized by Liz Williams with Authentic Morocco, an outstanding experience starting in Fes and ending in Marrakech via Ifrane, Midelt, Merzouga, Todra and Dades Gorges, Ouarzazate, and Ait Benhaddou. Liz is exceptionally responsive, both in the planning stages of the trip and during travel...I never waited more than 24 hours for a response to emails, and usually much less. My wife and I were able to plan each detail of our trip as we desired with our own driver, something impossible if you go with a "big box" tour company. The guides and drivers are carefully selected for their reliability...for a nation known for its laissez-faire attitude toward punctuality, all of our guides and drivers were always on time or early to meet us.

I was originally nervous about visiting Morocco for a cultural adventure, having read tales of late transportation and unreliable infrastructure. Thanks to their long experience in the country, Authentic Morocco is able to short circuit all those risks and provide a hassle-free experience, something that was very important to me and my wife, being on our honeymoon. If we travel to Morocco again, Liz Williams will be the first person we contact.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Joseph G
perth western australia
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Amazing Adventure”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

To celebrate my 50th birthday and as part of our annual vacation we decided to travel through Morroco. As independent travellers we have never used a tour company before. After exhaustive research I decided upon Authentic Morocco as I knew I could design my own program. Liz Williams owner/operator from the start was fabulous, responded to all questions promptly and always willing to help. We had flown into Casablanca and then flew from there to Marakesh - after a few days there we were collected from our Riad by Hachim our driver. From the word go Hachim ensured we were having a good time, he was able to answer all our questions, and we learnt a huge amount along the way. We visited numerous places but stayed in Skoura, the dunes (camped overnight) Ait Benhaddou, Imlil and Essaouira . We really felt we were able to experience a lot, valley, desert, mountains, and coastal! Would recommend all locations. As for our Riads and Villas all accomodation was absolutely superb no complaints whatsoever. We had 2 other drivers for our transfers who were also very efficient and professional. The vehicles used were comfortable and modern. Would definitely recommend anyone considering travelling through the countryside of Morroco to use this company. It was certainly a great way to celebrate my birthday.

Visited May 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We had high expectations, and Authentic Morocco exceeded them all”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My family and I recently returned from a tour of Morocco organized by Liz Williams and operated by Authentic Morocco, and I must say that it was one of the best travel experiences we have ever had. During the months between when we booked the trip and when we touched down in Casablanca, we had built up very high expectations, in no small part due to the extremely high Trip Advisor reviews of Authentic Morocco. To make a long story short, all of our expectations were not only met but exceeded.

Over the years we have been fortunate to travel around the world and visit many interesting places, but our time in Morocco was certainly one of the best trips we have ever taken. Not only because of the people and country itself, but because of the itinerary Liz set up for us and the guides she employed. Our main guide, Ilyas, and driver, Omar, were extremely professional and knowledgeable, and they did a wonderful job. Although we were in a very foreign land, they both made us feel like we were among family. They did not just simply explain the significance of every site we saw, but they were also eager to answer each and every question we had about Moroccan history and culture in general; no question or request was too small for them to answer or accommodate. Additionally, every local tour guide we had was great, and we especially appreciated our Rabat tour guide – Fadin.

Finally, I must comment on Liz Williams herself - she was a real pleasure to deal with. I emailed her dozens of times with random questions and requests in the weeks before our trip, and she always responded to me in an almost unbelievably quick and detailed manner. Although I'm sure she was juggling many different tours and groups at the same time, I often felt as if she was my private travel agent because of the attention she gave my family and our questions. I will gladly recommend Liz and Authentic Morocco to anyone considering a Moroccan adventure.

Visited May 2014