“Fabulous hotel, excellent service. Good location.”
Review of Les Trois Palmiers

Les Trois Palmiers
Ranked #308 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stayed from 7-10 march 2014. The Hotel was everything it said it was going to be.
I had emailed the manager Saif prior to our arrival telling him the reason for our visit was to celebrate my boyfriends 40th birthday.
He emailed me back straight away, with information about taxis and assured us our room would be ready on arrival ( we arrived at 10am) which indeed it was, even though the normal check in time is usually 2pm.
The room was lovely. Huge bed, lovely decor, light, airy with a balcony with table and chairs. There were lovely rose/flower petals in heart shapes on the bed and floor and a big flower arrangement on the dresser. This was so nice to come into.
On the second morning there was a knock on our bedroom door. When we opened it there was a waiter with a lovely cake they had made for my boyfriends birthday. This was a lovely and unexpected surprise. We were thrilled.
Thank you Saif this was an extra touch that made our stay with you even more special and memorable.

The rooms were cleaned daily, beds and towels changed. Breakfeast was great with plenty of choice.All the staff were pleasant and helpful.
The hotel is located in the 'new town' this is just a 20 minute walk away from the main square /souks or about 5 min in a taxi.

I would highly recommend this hotel if youre planning a trip to Marrakesh. We have only good things to say about the whole of our stay and we were delighted with the extra consideration of Saif and his staff.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Victoria N
Saif B, General Manager at Les Trois Palmiers, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

It is my pleasure to read your kind comments on your recent stay at Hotel Les Trois Palmiers Marrakech. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay, how highly you valued the service from our team, as well as the overall experience. I will be delighted to share your comments with all the team and I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Saif Bataineh
+212 524 457 801
Saif.bataineh@lestroispalmiers.com

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Spent 4 nights . Lovely clean hotel . In a nice location in the new medina .
Would surely recommend the hotel as it was very good value for money.
The only problem I had was the food . The menu was limited and the food was not very nice . Would recommend breakfast only and not half board as we did.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Rooms were clean and food was good. The buffet meant that pupils were satisfied. I would be happy to bring my own family here. However, the tiled interior means that there is an echo, the swimming pool is outside and unheated so it was very cold in February and the hotel staff need a record of passports and visa numbers so it is worth bringing spare copy of such data or you may need to complete individual slips.

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank SinghIsKingOriginal
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We booked this hotel for 11 nights based on pretty reasonable trip advisor/booking.com reviews. However, having stayed here myself, I have no idea where these other people who rated it well were staying but I couldn't disagree with them more.
We were so extremely disappointed with this hotel, that we tried to move, and even come home early, but as it would cost us more, we resigned ourselves to making the most of it.
I agree the hotel is clean, but that's where my compliments end. The rooms are so noisy, due to the fact the hotel is designed around an open central stair case with hard floors. We got sleep between 1am and 5am and that's it. We wore ear plugs, which after 10 nights are pretty uncomfortable. Unless you sleep like the dead, don't bother!
There were several school groups here and the staff made no effort to keep their behaviour under control, so they were up and down the halls screaming at all hours.
The breakfast is very limited and when asked if we could have some fruit (as only oranges available) they bluntly said "no". The staff were rude on the whole, apart from one male receptionist.
If you're thinking of staying here...DON'T! Stay at Le Caspien Hotel which is literally 2 doors down. It has a lovely rooftop bar, 2 beautiful (and incredibly cheap) restaurants and the decor is so much nicer. We ate there a few nights and had an excellent meal every time. The area is great generally for food, and we were spoilt for choice. We loved Cafe 16 at the plaza, Bon Marche and Cheese Me down the road, and Chez Joel at Le Caspien.
I'm afraid I'm rating everything as low as possible as I cannot see how it's doing so well in reviews, and as my choice was based on reviews, I want to prevent other people making the same mistake.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Nulapuppy

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on your recent experience at Hotel Les Trois Palmiers. I am very sorry to read that your experience did not live up to your expectations and I would very much like to discuss your feedback further if you could kindly contact me at the hotel.

Kind regards,

Saif Bataineh
+212 524 457 801
Saif.bataineh@lestroispalmiers.com

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Nice and clean rooms. I think for the price it was a great hotel. Comfy Beds and the cleaning staff did an Excellent job. Breakfast was fine. Never used the pool due to time of the year but although it was small it looked beautiful. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Get the room at the rear of the hotel and on floors 3 and upwards
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Its not luxury but its a nice clean hotel. we had a room on the top floor, spacious, big beds, nice bathroom, fridge & a couple of chairs & table. Loved the design on the doors & the shower, very Moroccan. The Tv was ok but not great signal in our room but we wasn't there for that. Free Wifi but some troubles logging on but generally ok.
The maids did a fantastic job, fresh clean towels & even folded my PJs.
You couldn't fault breakfast, pancakes, eggs, selection of their freshly baked croissants & pastries etc.. smelt lovely in the morning.
Waiters were lovely breakfast was 7.30am-10.30am & we had a trip at 7am & they specially got us a plate of pastries, juice & coffee.
We ate in one evening & the food was lovely & they didn't have a problem with us ordering a pizza from a takeaway one evening after a long trip to the desert.
They have a nice pool, not huge & quite shady so not the ideal place for sunbathing.
I WOULDN'T change money at the hotel we were give 1100 Dirnhams for £100 & would of received 1300 at the bank.
Location out of the Medina but quite central in the new part Gueliz. with restuarants & shops etc & quite a pleasant 25min-30min walk to the old part or roughly £2 to go by yellow pergeot taxi.
Overall if your looking for a base to stay, ideal.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

The price is ok, the service is ok, the breakfast is ok, the neighborhood is ok, but nothing special. It's good that the hotel is outside of Medina. During the night the street is noisy. Not a problem, but don't expect minibar or wifi in the rooms (however the wifi worked sometimes).