“Nice Hotel in Good Location”
Review of Les Trois Palmiers

Les Trois Palmiers
Ranked #313 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed at this Hotel from 9th to 16th May. I would describe it as a nice little hotel with friendly staff. Rooms were clean and comfortable. If there was a problem for example when we got there the safe was not working but 5 minutes after we reported it the batteries were changed and problems were resolved. The food was limited but dinner and lunch were freshly prepared, with only breakfast served buffet style. The hotel is in the new part of the city but the old part which is the most interesting part is about a 25 minutes walk away or 10 minutes by taxi which costs 50 Dirhams (just over 3.00GBP). It would have been nice if there was a balcony but that, for me, was minor because most of the time I was out of the hotel. Marrakesh has some nice botanical gardens and if you go there try and see at least one. Would I go back to this hotel. Yes I would. Its a quiet no frills hotel and I enjoyed the peace and quiet when I was there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Errol B
Saif B, General Manager at Les Trois Palmiers, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a kind review of your recent stay at Hotel Les Trois Palmiers Marrakech. I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and would return again in the future. Rest assured, we will add the balcony feature on your profile for your future visits. I will share you feedback with the team and look forward to welcoming you back here again soon.

There are newer reviews for Les Trois Palmiers

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Just back from four days at Les Trois Palmiers booked as a short break with my daughter. We wanted a Morrocan hotel (instead of a large, characterless hotel chain) and we were very impressed with our choice.

Good location (in the new town, approx 25 minute walk to the old town, we paid between 300 & 500 dirhams/£3-£5) per taxi journey. Shops and restaurants nearby, we felt safe walking around during the day and night.

Lovely staff, especially the Receptionists who gave us a warm welcome, made us laugh, answered all of our silly questions, booked excursions and lent us a very good hairdryer!

Small but charming outdoor pool and terrace with sun loungers. Soft Morrocan music playing.

Morrocan/French breakfast with plenty of choice. Good choice of snacks/lunch. We didnt' eat dinner as we were always out.

Lovely bedroom with the biggest bed I've ever seen, really comfy. Small balcony with table and chairs. Good shower.

We had a great time and would definitely stay at the hotel again/recommend it to family and friends.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on a higher floor to avoid noise from the road/other guests.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank NatashaHarriott
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

I am quite shocked at some of the reviews on here. What are people comparing this place to when they describe it as excellent? Let's be honest it's a clean, no frills place with friendly staff not very well situated because it's in the new part of the city and everything worth seeing is in the old part. The food is limited and uninteresting. The pool is small with limited seating. The place is noisy. My advice is try elsewhere.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pandacoo

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about Hotel Les Trois Palmiers Marrakech. I am disappointed to hear that your experience did not live up to your expectations.

In regards to the location of the hotel, no doubt the old city is a must visit place when on vacation in Marrakech. However, most travelers would like to stay out of all the hassle of the old city and souks and would rather visit it during the day without having to spend the night there. Our Hotel is located in the new city centre of Marrakech, surrounded by many restaurants, gardens and shopping centres.

I would very much appreciate the opportunity to speak to you further; I invite you to contact me directly at your convenience.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Hotel Nice & clean rooms, staff very friendly and helpful. The restaurants nearby which is a + point. Situation is a bit far from jma el Fina we walked but paid a hefty taxi fare coming back. Altogether service was nice and would prefer again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mansoor n

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about Hotel Les Trois Palmiers Marrakech. We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your time and that your stay was pleasant. Your kind words are much appreciated, in particular the ones about our employees - we are also glad to hear that you enjoyed the area and restaurants nearby as well. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I stayed here on a trip to Morocco with Exodus. I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel - it was clean and comfortable and the reception staff were welcoming and helpful.
I had two different rooms - both were very pleasant - simply decorated with comfortable bed. Television and free wifi.
Breakfasts were very adequate - nice bread and pastries, some salad, freshly squeezed orange juice plus usual cereal etc. for those who like that kind of thing. Also fresh fruit - I don't think I have ever eaten such a large orange in all my life!
I didn't go in the pool but would have done if my stay had been longer and the weather a little hotter. It was very pleasant sitting outside by the pool though.
All in all a pleasant place to 'top and tail' a visit to the Atlas Mountains.

Room Tip: A room at the back of the hotel is quieter as the rooms at the front face on to a busy street. (Ear...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Julia C

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your visit to Hotel Les Trois Palmiers Marrakech. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay and plan to return in the future. Your kind comments are much appreciated and I will be glad to share them with our staff.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

What can I say you pay for what you get, we didn't stay much in the hotel as most days where spent outside as regards to the staff they were very polite and friendly, the room well it had a few issues low water pressure from time to time few scews lose but overall all was just average. Food was ok and generally the hotel was in good condition.

You not getting a 5 star here its a 3 star and u get what u pay for....
Overall a pleasant stay

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Well what can I say about this place.. The hotel was great, in fact it was incredible!!! The staff were great and our experience was totally WONDERFUL!!!

Me and my wife traveled to Marrakech on the 23rd of February 2013.. That's right folks, we went back in 2013 (It says Feb 2014 cause I couldn't select 2013) but couldn't review the hotel nor the city since I didn't have a trip advisor account, I know I could have made once but I was a little busy :-)

Transfer:

We landed at Menara International at approximately 18.35 (an hour late) and we was greeted by our Transfer guide. The transfer was very quick, we was out of the airport within 5 minutes of picking up our luggage. We used Resort Hoppa for our transfer and our driver Adil was just a brilliant individual to talk to.. we talked about football all the way hahaha.

Hotel and Staff:

When we got to the hotel the check in was very easy and quick, we got showed to our room (room 501 i believe), the room was very clean and the marble flooring looked great. We stayed for 7 nights, the housekeeping girls were great and all the staff were always smiling and always there to help. There was a young lad at the reception (I can't remember his name), he was always smiling whenever he saw us which made him, as well as the other staff, very approachable. The hotel has a pool but we never got to use it as it wasn't warm enough to get in the water in February.

Food:

The hotel has its own eating area and they serve breakfast by the pool, lunch and dinner. Unfortunately me and my wife couldn't take advantage of this as we booked room only, which we totally regret because eating out cost us a lot at The Jemaa El Fna Square cafes, KFC and McDonalds. Anyone looking to go to Marrakech, make sure you go all inclusive or half board at the very least as the food outside can be very expensive and tasteless.

There is something about the mountain air, it knocked me and my wife out every night and gave us a great nights sleep without any broken sleep. I slept at least 8 hours very night without waking up whereas here in Manchester I have to wake up at least 3 times a night and only get 6 hours of sleep IF i am LUCKY.

Location:

The hotel is in a very good location, just off Mohammed V. There are plenty of cafes, restaurants, sheesha bars, hammam spas, shopping areas etc nearby. A walk to the Jemaa El Fnaa takes no more than 20 mintues and its just one long road. You can choose to get a cab which will take around 7 minutes and cost around 10-15 Dirhams.

Things to do:

Marrakech has a lot to offer, you can visit the Jemaa El Fnaa, The Koutoubia Mosque, The Saadian Tombs, Garden Marjaralle (spell check required), Cyber Park and a lot of other places. You can choose to do excusrions for around 300 dirhams per person, but make sure you book via the hotel as there are a lot of scammers out there who claim to do excursions but end up robbing you.

Jemaa El Fnaa:

This place was by far the most enjoyable place for me and my wife. We visited this place almost every day. We would have our lunch and then do some shopping and then have dinner before having a cup of Moroccan mint tea while watching the sunset.. PRICELESS VIEW AND ATMOSPHERE. At times the place felt like a dream especially when watching sunset and thew call for prayer goes off, it just seems like a different world - Truly Magical.

Souks:

Well Well Well, This is one place westerners need to be careful. Why? Well lets put it this way, the money you spend over there does not feel like money, instead they feel like vouchers. So if you're not careful and spend like crazy then you'll come home bankrupt even if your name is Mr Bill Gates. So make sure you do a lot of haggling before buying anything..If you're not happy with a price then just walk away and 8 times out of 10 they will call you back. Be warned though, do not haggle if you do not really want to buy because they can get offended sometimes.

Would I go back to Marrakech? Oh Yes I will!!! We wanted to go this year but couldn't get a good deal so we are going to Sousse, Tunisia instead on the 23rd of April.
Will I stay over at Hotel Les Trois Palmiers? Without a DOUBT, 100%!!! Inshallah (If God Wills) We will be back in 2015.

Enjoy Your Stay at Les Trois Palmiers :-), Hope this review helps you.

Room Tip: I was on the 5th floor, in room 501.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Ma33u

Many many thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful detailed review of your trip to Hotel Les Trois Palmiers Marrakech. Such review is not only a useful tool for us to build on, but also to other reviewers to use as a base for their visit to Marrakech.

I am delighted to read how much you both enjoyed your stay with us, it is a pleasure to be able to share your kind comments with the team here, how much you enjoyed your room, the friendliness of our staff, the location of the hotel, and your overall satisfaction about Marrakech as a city. I look forward to welcoming you back here again soon.