“Brilliant Time - Wonderful staff”

Kenzi Club Agdal Medina
Ranked #101 of 499 Hotels in Marrakech
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Time - Wonderful staff”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We have just returned from spending 4 nights at this hotel which we booked through Travel Zoo. The hotel is very clean and has excellent facilities. We were delighted with our room. Staff are fantastic - friendly and helpful especially Kaoutar and Abderrahim on the reception desk. The hotel provides a great range of food prepared to a high standard. We particularly enjoyed an excellent meal in the small traditional Moroccan restaurant. The hotel is generous with its alcohol and we had plenty of mineral water. We were able to take some back to our room to ensure we didn't need to drink the water. Overall the people we met in the city centre were friendly and very quick to say that they didn't want money to help you find your way. Naturally there are those people who see us tourists that they can make money from and we are seen as very rich. The overall experience of the medina, souks and restaurants was an assault on the senses. It is a bustling and frenetic place, interesting and full of history! Despite some comments from other travellers about the location of the hotel I was pleased that the hotel was situated away from the old town. It was a peaceful haven after exploring the city centre. My friend and I had a thoroughly enjoyable time. Lots to do in the Hotel and in the city. Overall we were spoilt for choice. Both of us said that we would love a return visit.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are much better if you want to leave the balcony doors open during the nigh...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Kate P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Had a great time while at the hotel, would recommend it to all my friends and family.
In particular would like to thank Jawad from Guest Relations (Customer Service Manager) who resolved any queries in a friendly manner and the staff at the front desk especially "Maryiem" - speaks excellent English.

If you are going after reading the review make sure to ask about daily excursions in to the Atlas mountains by 4x4 and don't forget to get on the camels and catch a horse and carriage back to the hotel - was worth it!

The only negative thing is don't pay more than 100day/150night dirham's from outside the hotel, taxis will try to charge you 200, so set the price before you get in.

I paid 60 from the market to the hotel as well.

Don't forget to haggle everything lol.

• Stayed January 2014
st.helens
Reviewed 8 February 2014

PLEASE DON't MAKE RESERVATIONS TO THIS PLACE! Per PIACERE NON PRENOTATE LA VOSTRA VACANZA IN QUESTO RESORT! My husband and I just came back from Marrakech yesterday night 07-feb-2014. This is the first time I am leaving a review and I really hope that nobody else will go thru a similar nightmare! Sorry for those who have booked already, just go there with no major expectations at all or you will be very disappointed: this IS NOT A 5 STAR HOTEL BY ANY STRETCH OF THE IMMAGINATION! We've booked this short holiday to give us the opportunity to relax and help us to find some positive strength after a very difficult time. We are easy going people, friendly and sensitive and kind with everyone and use to real 5 star resorts and hotels. On our arrival at 10 pm the 3-February-2014 we've approached the reception desk to exchange detail and get the room and we've asked at the receptionist if it was possible to eat something. He turn to his colleague and ask information and he finally told us to go at the nearest KFC outside the resort because after a certain time the restaurant were closed within the resort. After a while discussing the situation and trying to explain that we were really tired he then agreed to send us some food to the room. The bellboy escorted us to the room and as soon as we opened the door we realised it was 2 separate beds. when we've book tre holiday my only request was to get a double bed. We had to go back to the main reception and beg them to give us a double bed room. The food they sent us was ridiculous and they forgot to give us the brad. As I got to the bathroom to wash my teeth a massive cockroach got close to my foot, I start shouting as I have a massive fobia for cockroaches and my husband had to kill two of them! I couldn't sleep all night! Not a good start! The morning after we went to the reception and as I was explaining the situation a blond European girl, who was speaking French, was called to talk with us in English and she made a very sarcastic comments, probably thinking to be funny, about the cockroach maybe walking on your face whilst a sleep. We've asked if there was something they can do about it and they told us no that is normal. The washbasin was Brocken and we kindly asked several time if it was possible to repair it as we couldn't let out the dirty water, it was fixed after 3 days. the bed sheet were the same from the first day to the end of the holiday. The room was fearly cleaned and the fridge bar was completely empty...not really the 5 star service we are use to! The amenities are well maintained and it was nice to be sat near the swimming pool to enjoy the sunshine. The breakfast was nice but the main meals not particularly good or testy at all, in fact I would rather say they weren't even average! The smell of food wasn't inviting at all and the cakes looks all different and appealing but no testy at all, especially if you are use to good food! The body massage are really good! but if you wish to swim indoor or use the stem room you have to pay extra even if you are on all inclusive base. The indoor swimming pool looks nice but the water is colder than the outside swimming pool....so we brought with us our swimming costumes for nothing! Really disappointing so far! The entertainment team was ridiculous to be really kind and use an euphemism! Don't book any exclusion this is a real robbery especially the camel ride! We've payed 500 dh and they didn't give us any receipt! We've ask for a receipt but we've been told it was not necessary....we wonder why? Did they not pay for tax like us all? The camel ride was ridiculous, especially compared to the experience we've had on the Egyptian desert, which was quite a remarkable experience! But this one in Marrakech was a real joke and also dangerous since they've made us cross main busy roads to take us the this ridiculous garden with a few palms trees and lots of rubbish! What a wast of money! If you wish to visit the monuments go without a guide it is not worth the price and the general experience! You can get better information by reading about the monuments on Wikipedia but at list you are free! There is so much I would like to say but I am sure by now you are tired already so final surprise was the check out. We were allowed to keep the room up to 3 pm as our flight was at 7:30pm. We've approached the desk at reception and the man behind the desk printed the invoice out. We were really disappointed considering we were on all inclusive base to discovered to have been charged for that horrible food we were served on our arrival in the room, we were charged with additional vat for every time I had a body massage and bear in mind body massage are not really cheep and at the spa I wasn't advice about extra charges every time I was asked to sign the invoice after every treatment. We did complain politely with the man and ask for explanations but he told us this is the amount of money you have to pay. I told him this is ridiculous and this is not a 5 star hotel at all. All in all yes I am considering suing them 4 nights and 3 days of nightmare! I couldn't wait to be back home!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank annapaola1
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2014

6 of us stayed for a week in January.
Rooms were a good size , quiet & very well cleaned. as were the grounds & gardens.
Plenty to do in the hotel & facilities well maintained. We didn't have great weather for a couple of days - not nice enough to lie by one of the pools but kept ourselves amused with tennis/ boules / table tennis & archery.
Food was fine. Plenty of choice but some of the dishes were sometimes luke warm. The restaurant staff were helpful. Our favourite waiter would have a table for 6 laid out ready for us at dinner with ice buckets at the ready for wine & beer. Nothing was too much trouble with glasses being regularly refilled & plates taken away.
Coffee at breakfast was pretty rotten so I ended up going to the pool bar for a decent cup most days .

Taxis outside the hotel if you want to go into town. Negotiate before you get in - we were quoted 150 dirham but usually paid 70/80.
We organised a limo from the airport for the 6 of us. Driver was waiting for us in arrivals & collected us at the end of our holiday from the hotel. Cost for both ways was 40 euro. We also hired the same limo & driver for a day out. Highly recommended @ 80 euro . check oy their website luxury-riads.com

Only moan we had was with reception. only the cashier can take money for towels & taxes for checkout so it was a painful process

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank NijelS
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

A good place to chill out, tasty food and lovely staff. The only inconvenient is that you can't receive friend not even for a coffee. Another thing, I think that it's a place for people who have already visited Marrakech before because there is so much to do in the hotel that you don't have enough time to visit the city

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Soumagirl
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2014

My friend and I stayed here for 3 nights while competing in the Marrakech Half Marathon and it really was fantastic. Admittedly we got a very good deal but we really loved everything there. The staff were very helpful (as long as you speak French!) The pool and spa were beautiful and our deluxe room was really spacious. I was able to get wifi in pretty much all areas tho' I think it depends on your provider as my friend couldn't get it at all. We found the food excellent with masses of choice and were very impressed with the red and white wine. All local spirits and cocktails are also included and free flowing pretty much all of the time. Because it was January it was pretty quiet and we were very lucky with the weather. Because it is Africa, it did become very chilly at night but the heating in the room worked a treat. It is slightly out of the way of the main areas but the hotel runs a free shuttle bus which was great. I thoroughly recommend this place for an out of season mini break.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 500's. It is close to the main pool, restaurant and spa.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank joanna w
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Enjoyed my stay here. Rooms we're clean and modern and food was generally of a good standard.

For once in Morocco it felt professional.

the only issue was the distance. Expect to get a taxi to go anywhere and more so expect to get ripped off by every taxt driver in Morocco! Tip - Always ask them to use the meter, if they so no, inform them that you are aware that is forbidden by law not to use the meter. This was probably the most annoying thing about Morocco for me.

Room Tip: Massage wasnt great.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple