“Unbelievable”

Ranked #98 of 499 Hotels in Marrakech
Montreux, Switzerland
“Unbelievable”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I stayed there a couple of months ago and I find my on going situation with this hotel so horrible that i decided to write a review now. In the beginning of january me and my girlfriend was going to check out from the hotel and she had her flight early in the morning and mine was late in the evening. When I was going to check out I looked at the bill and there was clear indications that a hundred euros for a spa treatment had been paid( i work in a hotel reception so i should know) and I assumed my girlfriend had paid it but the hotel insisted there was something wrong and that I was going to pay again, which I did. It turned out she already had paid it and we payed twice, this is an honest mistake by the hotel and I was not upset about this issue initially. a few days later my girlfriend called the hotel and they apologized and said they would do a credit card refund and give me my money back. They never did give me my money back and we have been in contact with the hotel about ten times and they always promise that we will get our money back but we never have. The problem right now is not that I care about the hundred euros but the fact that they do not even answer us anymore and are intentionally ignoring us. To me this behavior is a complete disgrace. I do not understand how anyone can be treated this way by a "professional" hotel chain. Apart from this situation the employees were rude, arrogant, inattentive and I would never recommend anyone to go here and deal with these people.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank tittafitta
clubagdal, Service qualité at Kenzi Club Agdal Medina, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Guest,
We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the billing error.
Upon discovering the error, we contacted your girlfriend several times and asked her to send us your bank details to make the refund but there was a misunderstanding regarding the bank informations that we cleared up with her.
Please be aware that we have honored our commitment and hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again at Kenzi Club Agdal Medina.
Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Arabic first
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Just back from a 3 night break at the Kenzi Club. I thought my previous hotel on a visit to Marrakech was brilliant but this hotel is in a class all on its own. From the manager of the hotel to the cleaners all are exceptionally friendly and polite. The waiters were so good to us and after a day knew exactly what we wanted and got it for us without being asked. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and there is so much to do for everyone. From the baby club, tennis courts, archery, basketball, poolside activities and children play area. Not forgetting the hotel animation/entertainment staff are fantastic and not over bearing. The hotel is clean throughout the rooms are perfect. Food in the all inclusive dining area was to die for and lots of variety and healthy options.A great big thank you to Lockvie, Murad, Mustapha, Ushman and Midi for making our ladies holiday such a wonderful experience and yes I would choose this hotel again and again just like many others who were there on their 2nd or 3rd visit to the hotel.

1 Thank Hayley J
clubagdal, Service qualité at Kenzi Club Agdal Medina, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Hayley J,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback within this platform following your stay here at Kenzi Club Agdal Medina.
It was a great pleasure to read that you had an enjoyable time with us and that you found all of our services to your satisfaction.It was encouraging to read that you appreciated our well-maintained rooms and professional services provided by our Housekeeping, catering, baby club and entertainment teams.They are a great asset to the hotel and I will certainly share your kind comments with them.
Once again, thank you for posting your favourable feedback and choosing to stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at Kenzi Club Agdal Medina in the very near future.

Kind Regards,
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed at the Kenzi club Agdal for a long weekend with a group of friends.
The hotel architecture is superb, very well laid out and something to do for everyone of all ages
Food is great and the support staff were very welcoming and helpful when needed
The entertainment team do make great effort if one wants to join in
I would recommend this hotel without any hesitation.

2 Thank addy a
Dear addy a,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following your stay with us at Kenzi Club Agdal Medina.
We are delighted to read that you spent a lovely stay at Kenzi Club Agdal Medina and that you appreciated the hotel architecture, the food, the helpfullness of the support staff and the entertainment activities.Your kind comments will be shared with all of them and encourage us to continue focusing on the level of standards. Our goal is to create memorable experiences to all our guests and we are proud to see that we have succeeded on this special occasion.

Thank you again for your encouraging feedback , your recommandation and for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcome you back at Kenzi Club Agdal Medina on your future trips to Marrakech.

Kind Regards,
Reviewed 16 March 2014

A fantastic experience and one that I can't wait to repeat. The hotel was amazing, the rooms were clean, and spacious. The food gave lots of choice and was health, hearty and more than anyone could want. Met some great people and shared the experience.

The staff were first rate and I especially want to thank Loftte, Murad, Hussan, Mustapha, Ushman and Midi for making it an enjoyable stay for them nothing was too much and they met all my expectations. See you next year!!!

2 Thank Rhodenoantof
Dear Rhodenoantof,

We would like to thank you for your wonderful review and for sharing your experience at Kenzi Club Agdal Medina. We are thrilled that you had an enjoyable stay and that the quality of our services was up to your expectations.We are also delighted that you appreciated the rooms and the hotel and that you found the food varied, healthy and hearty and the staff first rate,we've passed your feedback to everyone.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon at Kenzi Club Agdal Médina to live through again a memorable stay.

Warm regards,
Alderley Edge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2014

My friend and I went to Marrakech to celebrate our birthdays, I called the hotel before arrival to make some special requests and to let them know that we would be arriving very late. I spoke to the Guest Relations Manager, Jawaad, who was extremely polite and efficient. He understood our requirements and delivered the best service from start to finish. He arranged pick up from the airport for us and we had the best welcome, even though it was late at night. As it was very late, they made sure they took us to the room in one of the little buggies and carried our luggage right up to the room. Jawaad also made sure he provided us with a late supper which was waiting for us in our room as we had missed dinner time in the restaurant which was a lovely gesture. Throughout the whole stay, all the staff in the restaurant were absolutely lovely and polite and always had a smile on their faces. They made us feel like princesses every day. On our birthdays, they arranged special treats for us and we had the best time. The hotel itself is beautiful, lots to do with amazing swimming pools, indoor and outdoor, spa, bars, gift shop, tennis courts, beach volley court, golf, archery and a night club. The food was delicious, especially the Moroccan food and the deserts. They also have different stations where fresh food is prepared at your request. They have theme nights like Chinese, Italian etc. On Valentine's day, the restaurant was decorated beautifully with lots of hearts and cupids and even the reception area was decorated with heart cushions which we thought was a lovely touch. The hotel is 2 minutes away from Pacha nightclub which was great for us as we partied till the early hours of the morning. The hotel also provides a daily shuttle to the town which is very convenient if you wanted to experience the culture. To be honest, we loved the hotel so much we barely wanted to leave. We had a beautiful suite and it was always very clean, the housekeepers even decorated our beds with beautiful pink rose petals, it was a 5 star treatment and they never failed to cheer us up with compliments every day. We loved every minute of our holiday.

Room Tip: The hotel is very big so ask for a room nearer to the pool and restaurant so you don't have to w...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank PattyCaruana11
Dear PattyCaruana11,
Thank you for taking the time posting your detailed feedback following your stay at Kenzi Club Agdal Medina to TripAdvisor users.
It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated the birthday special treats, the professional service provided by Mr. Jawad, our Guest Relation Manager and that you find all the staff very friendly and helpfull.
Our teams are great assets and I will certainly share your kind comments with them. As a hotel we pride ourselves in delivering a high quality of service which is not only friendly and professional but also genuine and heartfelt.
We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.
Best regards,
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I could go on about a good handful of issues with this hotel but the service is by far it's most serious.
The staff, particularly male bar staff, are rude and insulting...
Make you feel as if it is too much trouble for them to serve you, as if it's an inconvenience to them for you to simply try and order a drink, they do their best to insult and belittle you, especially if you are an English guest. Very offensive and unhelpful, I wouldn't recommend anybody wastes their time being around these vile people and their complete lack of hospitality.

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Elby01
uk
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We booked a three day break, but when we arrived they gave us some cock and bull excuse about problems were our rooms are located. After further digging we found out they were again like many other overbooked and had rooms for us at the palace hotel down road, now the hotel was nice but not as good as the club hotel. We had no choice but to move and now reading the reviews it looks like a scam, to getting bookings for their hotels in the area.

We got discounts for the spa as compensation. Food buffet was okay, the Italian was terrible, the Moroccan was always booked and breakfast was good.

Unfortunately preferable treatment was given to the French and Arabs when it came to the free shuttle bus, only 9 seats available and again they lied to us that there was another bus behind to take the rest of the passengers but the truth was we had to wait half an hour for the first (and only) bus to return.

The pool works were really good and hard-working the rest were lazy and useless. Be warned!

4 Thank uksam