Kenzi Club Agdal Medina
Riad Vendome & Spa Marrakech(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$80
Travelocity
US$174
US$157
  • Breakfast included
Riad El Sagaya(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$37
US$217
US$204
US$733
HotelsClick
5,670 results
All reviewsanimation teampool bargolf buggyshuttle busprivate poolreception staffall inclusive hotelfrench guestsfrench speakingmain languagetable tennisplenty of sunbedsevening entertainmentthemed nightsshort breakwater aerobicsall inclusive deal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2014

On arrival was greeting by pleasant enough staff until I complaint about state of rooms. For a so called five star hotel they have much to learn.....after moaning in the morning did get moved to Suites which were more of standard I was expecting, only after I had to keep returning to reception to see the Duty manager who apparently was in a meeting, and didn't come to find me as promised....obviously a meeting is more important than customer service...need I say anymore...but here goes!

Main issues were as followed:

Having to constantly ask for coffee in the morning and then to be told to get your own milk, not 5 star in my books!.

Food was same they whole week, apart from one night when a joint of meat was carved and my husband could finally eat something.

We ended up going out to eat twice to break up the week and went to Four Seasons Hotel , this was not a disappointment.....but be wary its not a cheap option!

For an all inclusive resort to be told you cant have 7 up lemonade, what a cheek given the beer was so lousy and warm and my husband ended up drinking spirits that were brought at airport...if not you are forced to pay £7 for half a bottle of decent beer...these prices are more expensive than Dubai!

Everything appeared to be too much trouble in my books and only on day I was leaving did one of the waiters go and get me a bottle of water to take with me and I wasn't expected to have to go and find one myself....I was In shock and I told him so. He was working where the pancakes were served in the afternoon...thank you!

Best bit of hotel is the Spa....that was value for money and staff was professional.

To say this Hotel has put me of Marrakech is an understatement, and I wont be returning that for sure!

Room Tip: Don't go here unless you book a suite would be my advise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank kimberly77
clubagdal, Responsable relations publiques at Kenzi Club Agdal Medina, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear kimberly77,
Thank you for sharing reviews following your stay at Kenzi Club Agdal Medina.
Please note that your stay was during Ramadan where most Bars and restaurant in Marrakech with alcoholic drinks were closed so I can understand your great desappointment.
We are sorry that during your stay you had a problem with the state of your room and i'm surprised that you still complaint about that even after getting an upgrade.
Please note that Kenzi Club Agdal Medina are an all inclusive Club with a self service and have a good value for money. Our Buffet are varied and rich: we have always a pasta station, a show cooking station, a salad station, a grill station, a pizza station, a moroccan food station, side dishes, pastries, fruits, Ice, every day 2 types of meat ...... and every night a themed dinner.
If you are expecting a customized service so you're in an all inclusive club wrong.
Once again sorry that we cannot meet your expectations.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed for 5 days as a short break to see the city, all inc option and found it to be good value. Rooms were biggish with free wifi, clean comfortable bed and as we were at the back of the site, very peaceful. Food was fairly good always something edible and often local dishes on offer which is nice to see. Service overall was good, never had to wait long for a drink, and the wine was more than drinkable (says it al!). Location was good with a shuttle bus to take you into the centre of town and back at various times. View of the Atlas snow capped mountains from the hotel is stunning. We took a day trip into the hills by 4x4 from a leaflet given out at the airport by our rep. Hotel was willing to phone the operator who came to the hotel at our convenience to make the booking. Lots to see in the city and wandering around the souk was an amazing experience with little hustle from the traders. Stayed April 14

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank expert_relaxer
clubagdal, Responsable relations publiques at Kenzi Club Agdal Medina, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear expert_relaxer,

We would like to thank you for your wonderful review and for sharing your experience at Kenzi Club Agdal Medina.
We are thrilled that you had an enjoyable stay and that the quality of our services was up to your expectations.We are also delighted that you appreciated the rooms and the hotel and that you found the food and service to your satisfaction,we've passed your feedback to everyone.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon at Kenzi Club Agdal Médina to live through again a memorable stay.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 1 week in June, the hotel was spotless, the food was excellent, the staff very helpful, shuttle into town only took 5 minutes we went 4 times and booked on the day with no problems,all in all a fab place to stay ,DONT take any notice of bad reviews

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank suzygaz

Dear suzygaz,

It's a huge pleasure to read your review on TripAdvisor. We thank you for your delightful words about the Hotel, staff, food and services. We will be glad to share your comment with the entire staff. We are sure that all your review will be usefull for travellers.
We really hope to welcome you for your next stay in Marrakech.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed at the Kenzi club agdal medina medina a couple of years ago and I have to say as a younger reviewer I was blown away so yes if your planning to take some young adults they'll love it. The hotel is beautiful very modern with a subtle moroccon decor and it is huge! The staff were very friendly and helped us a lot we were given bands to show the staff we were all inclusive, we were also given green tea and juice. I was very impressed as we booked the hotel 2 days before leaving and found it hard to find hotels with options we needed, the prices were so cheap in comparison to hotels in like Dubai so I naturally expected to be disppointed but wow I was smitten by the beautiful hotel with excellent facilities and the most pleasant surroundings. The hotel is also very close to a mall sorry can't remember the name but it had TGI Fridays and many other good places to eat. Moreover it's not far from the square either and taxis are easy to get as they line up outside the hotel. The location was also good as it was quiet away from any chaos of the medinas which I recommend you go to especially in th evenings, djemaa el fna. I'm very eager to come back and hopefully will fingers crossed. Thank you very much Kenzi club agdal for making our holiday great.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Nur A,

Thank you very much for your feedback posted on TripAdvisor following your stay here at Kenzi Club Agdal Medina.
It was very pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay as well as the Hotel facilities. I was delighted to see that you valued the service provided by our associates. I will pass on your encouraging feedback to them as they are all working very hard to make every guest feel special.
Thank you again for your review and we do hope that you will continue to make many more enjoyable visits to Kenzi Club Agdal Medina. We very much look forward to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 7 July 2014

SO I will start from the beginning.

When arriving at the airport we had a transfer already book so this wasn't much of a worry for us. But i was worried about converting money. You do it at the airport as soon as get through border control there are kiosks.

So we got to the hotel and checked in no problem, with staff speaking English. Very friendly and helped us with our bags onto the golf buggy to our room. My first impression of the room was looks nice. We arrived late at night and they had provided us with water in the room, which was amazing and we were just in time for a the evening meal. They also explained that if we wanted a safe how much it would be and also that you could rent a towel for a small deposit.
When we were there :
Breakfast is served 8:30-10:30
Lunch 12:30-2:30
4:30 ish snack time.
Tea 19:30- 21:30
Food was mixture with plenty to choose from and this was good for us. As per all all inclusive you have a variety but sometimes dishes are standardised for every service. We liked that each night had themes and this meant a variety. We did find that both my partner and myself did have a bad stomach, so I would say check what you eat is cooked. The most annoying thing was I love a good potato and they are always hard which ever way the came! The pasta station is amazing and you can choose what you want and watch them cook it fresh, I wish i had caught on to this earlier as I loved it.

The drinks at the Kenzi were OK, with this whole hotel and review I really want to stress you are in Africa in muslim country!! They don't drink, its expensive to do so therefore meaning the cocktails are a bit naff and the wine is just ok. This is the same for the food, whilst we were there i witnessed people moaning about the fact they didn't have full fat milk or simple stupid things like the cheese wasn't cheddar . The hotel does try and provide you with everything but if your super fussy and anything like i just said you bothers you don't come here or to Morroco.

We also ate in the A la carte Moroccan themed restaurant, this was OK! You pay more money and the food is pretty much the same as Moroccan night in the main restaurant, although there is a man that sings to you. (This was hilarious) Our chicken was not cooked though, and although we asked for it to be re-done, it was the same again! So be careful.

Day times by the pool, there isn't any problems with sun beds you can always get one, although there are french groups which take over certain areas so we tended to avoid them. The music and the 'animation team' really try hard to make the pool side fun and involve you in different activities. I really enjoyed going to the pool as it was never dull and if you wanted to join in you could and if you didn't it was fine. Whilst we were there, there was: yoga, zumba, aqua gym, polo, salsa classes, step classes, football, poker, french boules, darts, archery, shooting, ping pong and boxing. SO a real variety that can suit anyone and everyone.

So another service the hotel offered is a shuttle to Marrakech. You can book onto this service it is free and you need to book 24 hours in advance. It was great for us and we went twice, one small hiccup was they sent a bus that was to small. They sent a bigger one within 5 minutes.

Marrakech is CRAZY! (the souks that is). I am a 22 year old female and I can honestly say unless my partner was there I would of cried and gone home. As soon as you get of the bus into the centre people offer to guide you. They expect a charge of course and a lot of guests told us they just take you to their friends shops. We walked down into the main square and thats when it hits you. It is like all your senses are being violated. People are cobra dancing, wanting to put monkies on you, beg, follow you with symbols and what ever else they fancy. This was rather daunting but by the second time me and my partner found it amusing. Don't take photos even from a far though!! (that of course costs money). So once you've done that you can go through into the souks, we did first time holding hands. Again this isn't respectful so we didn't the second time when we realised.

Depending on when you go its nicer than other times. We found when it was busier it was more bearable as people weren't in your face as much. We haggled and there isn't ever a right price its what you are prepared to pay for it at the end of the day. We would walk away if it was too much and often get shop keepers follow us and drop the price dramatically. It isn't LOADS cheaper than the UK so don't expect to go into shops or the market and it to be dirt cheap. Don't eat food there and don't drink from glasses just bottles and No ice! all of the above will cause belly ache as I found out.

We got talking to a couple at the hotel, they were dutch which is a rarity to have anyone who speaks English as the majority of the guests here are French and only speak french.
They told us about the new town, so we went there and paid for a Taxi again had to haggle. This was more like a mall and with westernised shops like Zara and H and M. Not a lot here but was good to have a feel for the real 'Marrakech' other than the souks which are so aimed at tourists. We enjoyed it more and it helps us to relax.

Locally to the hotel there is a shopping centre with a supermarket (Caraphore) we went and got some essentials there like (biscuits and crisps) for the evening as I like snacks and hotels food didn't really offer this sort of thing.

In the evenings we would have our food and watch the animation team perform, the were so good and I was impressed. They also had a mini disco which was great for the children! There would be live singers and dances for adults and WHO KNEW the French love to dance! They were up quicker than you could say salsa. It was good to chill and watch everyone have a good time.

During our stay we also paid for the gym, its pretty small but did the job for us as we felt we needed some exercise after the large about of all inclusive we were eating.

On a whole I would recommend this holiday and the hotel as an experience. You shouldn't come here (Morocco) if you are looking for something luxurious and like Spain. Its a whole new experience . You do have to be mindful that the main religion in the country is Islam therefore women should cover their shoulders at very least and that if you don't you will attract disapproving looks. I found taking a scarf helpful and i wore trousers into the centre or a maxi skirt. People didn't when we were out but for me, as I'm blond and small I found it helped me loads. Its not like Tunisia were everyone wants to touch you or tell you how pretty, or how nice your hair is. They want you to respect their culture and religion, which i think is fair. I hope my review helps you in your choice for both this hotel and Morocco.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor more sunlight and less bugs.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Tallulah-hw

Dear Hayleee,

Thank very much for posting your wonderful review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.
Our aim is to create memorable experiences for our guests and we are pleased if this was the case. All of our associates are working passionately to make all of our guests feel special and I will share your kind comments with them. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed the hotel’s facilities, entertainment activities and your trip in the City of Marrakesh.
Thank you again for your encouraging review and we do hope that you will continue to make many more enjoyable visits to Kenzi Club Agdal Medina. We very much look forward to seeing you in the very near future.

Kind Regards,