Riad Joya
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Riad Vendome & Spa Marrakech(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$401
US$174
US$157
  • Breakfast included
Riad El Sagaya(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$37
US$217
US$204
US$733
HotelsClick
All reviewstravel arrangementsan oasishis teamfresh fruitcooking classthe hustle and bustlerose petalsroof terracewonderful staybusy medinabottled waterbreakfast was deliciousauthentic experiencethe general managertaginethe main squarethe location is perfect
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I loved to stay at Riad Joya and I hope to be back next fall, the best period for discovering the city. Its location is right in the hearth of the Medina and it's one of the city's most elegant and suitable ryad for International travelers who want to feel at home but at the same time experience the place. I loved the bright colors of travertine stone that reflects the African warm light around and all the rooms are large and quite bright. The service is personalized and very discreet, I would considered it a lovely meeting point of the city. Khalid, the GM is adorable and all the team fantastic!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 April 2012

This is the most wonderful place to stay, I fell in love with this Riad and with Marrakech, I was just sad we could only stay 1 night!

Great location, right near all the action. Service like nothing I've ever experienced before - we felt so well looked-after but in such a subtle way that wasn't intrusive at all. We arrived mid afternoon, early March and wanted to enjoy the warm afternoon sun before venturing out so went up to the roof terrace for a drink. The waiter appeared with our wine and a selection of yummy snacks. Very peaceful and relaxing start to our holiday.

I had been a little nervous of visiting the main square as I have a severe fear of snakes, however there was no need to worry - we managed to steer clear of the middle of the square and make it up to Cafe Paris and watch the sun set, looking down at the square and the thousands of people milling around and the wonderful sounds of the call to prayer. Incredible!

Our restaurant that evening was about 10 minutes walk away from the hotel and we were escorted all the way on foot, and collected when we had finished so that we wouldn't get lost!

Our room was very beautiful with huge bed, biggest shower I've ever seen and we had a living area too - but we would have been happy to stay in smaller room, they all looked beautiful. The whole Riad is very luxurious and chic, and spotlessly clean.

I think this is the most special place I've ever stayed, can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank akl82
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Where do I begin? From the first email communiques with Sophie, to the final goodbyes on The Plaza, our stay with the Riad Joya was exquisite. All travel arrangements were handled flawlessly, and executed by fantastic team of drivers and carriers. It is truly a magical moment to step off the alleys of the Medina and step into the oasis of the Riad Joya courtyard. The view up to the blue sky truly makes you feel like you're in another world. Nordine is knowledgable, creative, humorous, professional, and a true gentleman. It was comforting after being out of the riad all day or evening, to find him at the end of the alley - waiting just for us. All of the staff was friendly and professional, anticipating your needs. I won't soon forget the moment I realized I was standing in the middle of the courtyard with a date pit in my hand, and nowhere to put it. Instantly, there was a clean plate for me to lay it on. The food was authentic, delicious, and served with home-grown love. The rooms were spare, yet exactly what we needed, and luxurious. Wifi was fast and dependable. The fresh fruit, dates and water in the room at all times was one of those details that reminds you that you are in a special place. Sitting on the roof one night, watching the full moon come up over the top of the Medina, will be a life-long memory. That, and our new friends at the Riad Joya.

Room Tip: Location is terrific - right in the heart of the Medina. Each room is different - and all exquisite. We preferred a room on the second level, off the courtyard level. We saw almost all of the rooms, and they all have lovely baths, big windows, and plenty of storage space.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bmaDC
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Great location. Photos of the rooms on their website show the simple luxuary that make this a perfect place to stay. What makes this place special is the staff, there is no question they don't answer, no problem they don't solve. You ask for directions? They don 't give them to you, they walk you there to make sure you find it! In house cook makes wonderful meals, customized to your own taste. When you first arrive the noise, crowds, and sights of the medina can seem overwhelming, but the staff finds a way to quickly make you feel so at home you don't want to ever leave. Can't say enough good things about Joya, one of the best places I have ever stayed on vacation

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Yikes101
Reviewed 25 April 2012

The Riad Joya was a true gem of a place to stay. Beautiful accomodations, quite and convenient and an exceptional staff that catered to your every need. Although we did not know what to expect before we arrived in Marrakech, this riad was the perfect answer to making the visit the best ever. Highly recommend...you will not be disappointed. Just make sure you save a night for dinner there...the food is out of this world.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple