“Oasis in Marrakech”

Riad Ghemza
Ranked #361 of 1,187 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 November 2013

What an amazing find!
I literally prolonged my stay in Marrakech due to the amazing hospitality of this wonderful Riad and everyone that worked there.
From the moment I arrived Samir greeted me with a warm smile and right from the get go, left no rock un-turned when it came to information, best places to eat and just a great insight into Marrakech and how to make the most of it, very important when traveling solo but wanting the local's point of view!
Fabian was so helpful in allowing me to book additional nights at last minute, and made me feel so welcome in every sense of the word.
Breakfast was always served to us, (even closer to lunch time) with a smile every time.
I found it hard to leave as I felt as though I was saying good bye to family.
I will be back and urge anyone considering Marrakech to stay at this wonderful Riad.
Thanks again for everything guys!

• Stayed: November 2013
RiadGHEMZA, Propriétaire at Riad Ghemza, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Hello Jack,

Thank you so much for your warm comment which goes right to the heart! We were all so happy to read it.

We were glad to welcome you and someone was missing when you have left as we 've spent good time with you.

We hope your are still having fun during your trip.

Take good care of you.

Fabien

Reviewed 12 November 2013

This was our first visit to Morocco and we could not have found a better place to stay. The Riad is very quiet and comfortable yet within a few yards you are right in the heart of all that happens in the Medina. Fabien and his staff are extremely helpful. The visit to the Atlas mountains with the best driver in Morocco - Khalad - was organized by Fabien and was just wonderful. The breakfasts were simple and freshly prepared. The freshest of fruit, homemade cake and breads with lots of fresh coffee was a wonderful leisurely start to each day before heading off into the noise of bustle of the medina. When we visit Marrakech again we will definitely stay at Fabiens Riad.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This was our first time in Marrakech and couldn´t have chosen a better place to stay. Great location, close enough to all the sights but yet far enough to avoid the hustle and bustle of noisy medina. The Riad is very charming and cosy place, with very warm and welcoming staff, happy to help out with whatever you may need. Even though the Riad does not have a restaurant, they offer lunch/dinner upon request, which is more than worth a try.
Thank you for a great stay to Fabien, Samir and Amina.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

This was my second time visiting Marrakech and I would not stay anywhere else. The location is ideal walking distance to local attractions and all the lovely restaurants. Fabian and all the staff are so welcoming and really look after you! Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 28 July 2013

What a pleasure again the second time round !!! Had a wonderful and relaxing stay - this time 3 nights and absolutely delighted at the superb service - Fabien and Laurence really went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and to organize everything - from dinner reservations to car rental, desert excursion and a special treat at a nearby Hammam ( Spa ). What a lovely couple, even phoned us just to make sure we arrived safely in Essaouira ! Merci beaucoup !!!
Zamir and Leilah made us feel equally welcome and at home - can only recommend this Riad and will certainly be back again !

Room Tip: Loved the Room Sahara !
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
RiadGHEMZA, Owner at Riad Ghemza, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Hello Sabrina,

Thank you very much for your amazing review.

We always do our best to allow our guests to spend a good journey so I am really pleased that you have spent a very good time at Riad Ghemza.

Leïla and Samir were very touched by your praise.

See you soon.

Fabien

Reviewed 2 June 2013

We stayed only one night at riad Ghemza but we wished we would have stayed longer. The staff is very friendly. Breakfast are the best with fresh fruit and homemade yoghurt. It's located in the middle of the medina, very close to the museums and historical places. Very clean bedroom and nice and warm shower. They also have a very nice terrace where you can relax from the agitated life in the medina. The one tip we can give you is that it's very hard to find the riad by yourself so ask for someone to wait for you outside the medina and take you to riad Ghemza.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara N
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I can just recommend Riad Ghemza to anyone looking for a genuine Marrakesh experience. I was in another riad before, but Riad Ghemza was even better.

Although we got lost on our first day in the souks (which was due to my knowledge of the French language, which has decreased because I don't use it a lot - *SHAME*), we never got lost again afterwards. Just have a good look at the map you get when you arrive (my fiancé didn't).

The personnel is very friendly, have very good tips if you ask for other activities (especially the cooking course at Le Faim d'Épices - a must-have for all cooking-addicts - which we booked before we arrived there but is recommended at the riad as well!).

So thank you very much to everybody at the Riad Ghemza for a wonderful stay, we will be back again (probably during our honeymoon as my fiancé proposed to me on the wonderfully romantic terrace of Terrasse de la Medersa during our stay)!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple