“Hidden Gem”

Libzar
Ranked #12 of 995 Restaurants in Marrakech
Price range: US$17 - US$29
Cuisines: Moroccan
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Delicious food, took the salads as an entree, manny small plates it was a rollercoaster ride of flavours as main a couscous with beef. Was very good.

Been to al fassia the day after, libzar is a little bit better. I liked the salads of libzar more then of al fassia

The service and kindness was of a level i have never experienced in marocco and taught to be possible.

I am going back to libzar before i leave for a goodbye marrakech meal!!!

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

When we entered the restaurant at 9pm, there were no other guests inside...
The restaurant looks modern and not moroccan. There were no candles burning on any of the tables...so the atmosphere was nice, but not outstanding.
Service was very polite, but we waited 30min for the tea...and they lighted the candles, when I asked for it.
The prices are between 25-35€ for a starter, tajine or couscous dish and a miniature dessert
We chose moroccan salad varieties
Wonderful and something, that the waiter recommended. It was very disappointing to get some boring springrolls & samosas.
The main dish was good, but not worth the price.
The dessert... miniature!

I think, that Libzar can do it better...but you only get a special dish, when you reserve it in advance! This is a no-go!

Reviewed 3 August 2017

The place is beautiful, staff is nice but the most important to me is the food, and i was very impressed by it, my wife and i took the 280 dh meal which sounded a bit expensive for marrakech but it's worth it. We tried like 6 other restaurants and all were very disapointed and started to give up on moroccan food.But there, we were so thrilled, from starter to desert, evereything was perfect.
Congratulations to the Chef, lovely lady who came to greet us.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Came here from a recommendation from the New York Times, and glad we did. It is the off season, so we were one of only a few tables being served, but we sat outside and got great service. The chicken tagine with lemon and olives was especially delicious. On the way out we met Chef Assia, who was lovely to talk to, and when I inquired about the lemon, she went in and got me a wrapped container of the lemon preserves, which made it back with me to America. Thank you, Chef Assia! As mentioned, it is reasonably priced, even with a bottle of wine.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

L'Ibzar in the new part of Marrakech was well worth the visit. For 280 dirhams you dine like royalty on fine Morrocan cuisine. A foodie would be in heaven here.

1  Thank JoannaBlon