“Brilliant day”

Ranked #1 of 24 Food & Drink in Marrakech
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Cours de cuisine à Marrakech Cooking class in Marrakesh. We pick people up to their location about 9:30am and drive them to our building in the fields,20 min from city center.In half a day They learn to make a complete Moroccan dish,including bread,salads,and a main meal changing every day, trained by our two Moroccan cookers.They prepare their own meal and eat it on our terrace looking at the olive trees...
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Baby buggy parking, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I attended this course with my sister in February,it was a very interesting, entertaining and an enjoyable day, and I would highly recommend it. We made beef, candid orange and pear tagine, which was not difficult, the cook Neezha was really lovely, so knowledgable, warm and helpful. and Michel was very entertaining and funny. It was all very straight forward to book, I made contact with Michel, via email, from the UK about three or four weeks before we were due to go to Marrakech, he got back to me a few days later via email, and I booked us on the course. We paid for the course on the actual day, which for me, I liked the fact that I didn't have to transfer money before hand or give out card details, it cost 55 euros each, or you can pay in dirhams. the actual day was great, Michel picked us up from our hotel in his mini bus, and dropped us off later at the end of the course. the day was a great mix of hands on cooking,observing Neezha cook and eating! at the end of the day we sat outside in the sunshine and ate all the delicious food with a glass of wine. It was a fab day and I would not hesitate in recommending this course, it was for me one the high lights of my holiday in Marrakech.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I came wanting to learn to use the tangine. We learned that and lots more. I took two classes - one on making a meat dish and the second was the Friday class on cous cous. Both were great! Michele's staff is fist rate - I couldn't have asked for a better teacher. Michele is not a cook - and he readily admits it, but keeps the day moving and entertaining. He did give us a session on spices that was really helpful, and an unexpected bonus!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We spent a lovely day at Faim d'Epices learning to cook a beef tagine.Lots of tips from a real Morrocan cook and a really enjoyable experience ending in a delicious meal-what more could you ask! Highly recommended.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful day here, learned so much whilst having an enormous amount of fun in a relaxed and welcoming environment. It was the highlight of our trip!

We were picked up with little hassle by the driver and were driven about 30 minutes out of the city to a gorgeous location, Michel greeted us with mint tea and coffee and we began with introductions to each other and to Moroccan cooking and lifestyle.

Michel has a great sense of humour and throughout the whole day kept us entertained, the spice test was interesting and really useful, worth doing before a trip to the spice markets as he gives you some great tips about identifying fake/below standard products and an idea of what you should be paying for them as well as teaching you about how each flavour is used in Moroccan cooking. Neezha (the chef) was clear, helpful and friendly throughout the entire cooking experience. We made a typical Moroccan bread, a tagine and pancakes and she also taught an additional 3 moroccan salads to complement your meal. The food (though I may be biased at this point) was absolutely delicious, we sat outside on a beautiful sunny day with Michel and the whole group from the course, enjoying our meal with homemade ice creams and fruit with a glass of Moroccan wine. We were lucky to have a really fun group of people and Michel and Neezha were so relaxed and entertaining the whole experience was a huge success. At the end of the course we were given the recipes for the dishes we had made (beautifully presented) and the workshops own special blend of Ras El Hanout (a blend of 63 spices) which were both lovely touches. When I come back to Marrakech I will definitely be booking another course here.

It's worth mentioning that this course was very easy to book - I emailed Michel about 5 days before enquiring and he replied promptly explaining everything. I was able to request a vegan alternative to the beef tagine with no fuss whatsoever and what I made was as delicious and interesting as the other dishes. We chose the full day experience with the spa afterwards where we were dropped off, again by the driver, which was also delightful! I'd investigated other courses but most of them looked to be more rigid/not as well rounded as this one.

5* all the way!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

My husband booked this course for us after reading so many good reviews and we weren't disappointed. We were picked up promptly close to our riad; after picking up the other guests we had time to get to introduce ourselves and enjoy some of Morocco's beautiful countryside on the journey to the cookery school. We made the couscous with beef and seven vegetables; the caramelised onions that top this dish are totally delicious!!! Michel explained that they were cooking genuine Moroccan food with less oil and using a blend of spices that gave a full flavour to the food. Nezha was excellent at demonstrating the recipes and showed us how to make bread, pancakes and Moroccan salads while our meal was cooking. Nezha's natural skill at cooking and cheerful, friendly way of encouraging everyone to use the correct techniques (eg. no stirring the meat and veg while they cook, you must shake the pan so that the vegetables stay whole) created a warm relaxed atmosphere. Chopping onions Moroccan style was great fun, as was preparing the tomato - I've never used either technique before but will certainly use them now to give super speedy results at a high standard to my cooking at home. Michel took us through a couple of short, fun sessions identifying spices and kept us well provided with snacks, fresh orange juice and water while we worked. Our session ended with us all enjoying our meal on the sunny terrace chatting with Michel and the other guests. We finished with mint tea/coffee and left with a beautifully presented copy of the recipe that we had made and a free package of Michel's special blend of spices. Wonderful food, lots of fun, great company - one of the best days of our all to brief holiday in Marrakech.