“Missing Marrakesh”

Ranked #41 of 494 Hotels in Marrakech
New York City, New York
“Missing Marrakesh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

MY boyfriend and I visited for a 7 night stay in October and this being my first time buying a living social deal I did not know what to expect -- however, the hotel service and accommodations far exceeded my expectations! I enjoyed the fact that the hotel is on the smaller side and therefore the service is more personalized;Fouad, the owner greeted us upon arrival and helped with the arrangements pertaining to our Living Social deal as well as making us feel instantly right at home. He also had arranged for a driver to pick us up at the airport (and take us back) and everything went seamlessly. The entire staff was so lovely and accommodating and had wonderful recommendations. We could call each morning and request where to have breakfast, but I must say my favorite spot was on the beautiful roof, where I also enjoyed laying in the sun and relishing in the quiet as there was only ever 1 other couple at most while we were there. I would highly recommend the spa Hammam package - this was amazing and a highlight of the trip!!! The location of the hotel is also excellent - located within walking distance to the center and gardens. We also had an incredible guide that the hotel arranged for us - we had one day trip included in our package and some of the sites I wanted to see were outside the city so we decided to do a few trips. I had no idea it would be just us and the guide (Noor) and he was so knowledgeable, speaks excellent English, was so entertaining and just a lovely person. We felt so taken care of during our stay, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. As well as Marrakesh in general - I would definitely love to go back and see more and recommend others travel here as well!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

My boyfriend and I came here for 5 days in September. When we first arrived we were in awe of the place, it was one of the most beautiful hotels I'd ever seen. The room was spacious and I loved that is came with a jacuzzi! We made a good use of the pool each day, it wasn't a huge space but luckily we were the only ones that seemed to go down there so was nice to have it to ourselves the whole time! One of our only criticisms would be that where the pool was built, it was beside a wall, and so the whole pool was usually in darkness by 3/4pm, and so if you wanted more time in the sun you would have to go up to the roof. The staff were second to none and couldn't do enough for you, there was always someone around you could ask for help/information/food/directions and they were so friendly you sometimes ended up in half hour long conversations with them. The highlight of the place is by far being able to have breakfast on the roof. I couldn't think of a better way to start the day and the food was amazing, with something new everyday! The Villa Makassar and Morocco was an amazing experience and I would certainly recommend to all my friends and family to stay there if they ever went to Morocco. You wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: I think we were in the one of the basic rooms but we still had a jacuzzi in it.How can you argue wit...
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012 via mobile

Such refinement !

As soon as we arrived at the airport, everything was taken care of: Our driver picked us up and drove us to the Riad; Never in our dreams could we have imagined the treasures that laid behind the discreet entrance door of Villa Makassar!

We were fortunate to be personally greeted by the owner, whose passion for Art Déco was evident. He showed us around, and spoke about the many artefacts and art displayed around the Riad, which he gathered during his travels around the world.

Our room was simply luxurious, the breakfast generous, and the staff discrete and very welcoming.  We opted for a half-board stay, and over the next 4 days we were spoilt and enjoyed delicious meals.

Special thanks to Raouia, head the SPA, a miracle-worker who spoke perfect English.
We will definitely come back to Villa Makassar, not in August however, as the weather is just too hot.

• Stayed August 2012
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012 via mobile

Everything was perfect. Fouad & his team are excellent hosts. Pack 1 hammam and massage is nearly 2 hours of pampering! And all for about £ 43 .....
Remember to bring your camera as the Art Deco attention to detail is stunning. The bedrooms are individually styled and make staying here very memorable

• Stayed October 2012
Campbell River, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012

My husband surprised me with a trip to Marrakech. I couldn't have been more delighted with the villa he chose. It is a true diachotomy of serene accommodation and exciting chaos of the city. What a beautiful place to return to after a day of climbing the Atlas Mountains or shopping in the medina.

When we first arrived at the villa on a flight from Spain, it was nearing midnight in Marrakech. The evening clerk greeted us with such warmth and said "Come in, you are home now. It is late and we will take care of the paperwork tomorrow. You must rest now." At first glance we were in love with this special place.

Foud and the staff are amazing and most accommodating. From the attention to detail in the decor, to the amazing meals (thanks to the fabulous chef), to the special spa - hammam treatment, and the roof-top deck...it is spectacular. In the mornings you wake to the enchanting sounds of call to prayer. I cannot say enough...

We will be back again to visit our friends at Villa Makkasar. There was only one problem. It ruined us for other hotels.

Deb & Brad - BC Canada

Room Tip: The entire villa was an oasis, although some room were much more spacious than the one we had.
berlin, germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

Villa Makassar is surely one of the most prestigious and original Riads in the Medina. The luxury of the art-deco Mamounia combined with the intimacy and charm of a real Riad. Each room is an original creation, draped in luxury, and the Spa is really something to see. Also, very conveniently located for the Medina; there is always a taxi outside. A perfect Marrakech retreat!

Room Tip: All rooms are plush and quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

Great location in the Kasbah, in the centre of it all but with easy car access to the rest of the city andthe souks. The staff at the riad is extremely helpful and the food amazing. It is done to order and picked up daily so, give the kitchen a few hours warning to get meals ready. We had many delicious dinners at sunset on the terrace. Every suite has a different design and the common area mixes Moroccan and art deco design. That made for a relaxing vacation.