“A Dream....”
Review of Villa Makassar

Villa Makassar
Ranked #35 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 12 January 2013

My friend and I have been dreaming of a trip to Marrakech for years, and Villa Makassar exceeded our expectations. From the moment we were met at the airport, we felt in solid, welcoming hands. The staff were extremely professional, kind, and so hospitable. They helped us quickly find our bearings in the Medina and devise a plan for our stay. The meals were lovely and the hammam is a hidden gem. The staff there is also fantastic. It quickly felt like a home away from home, and we were sad to leave!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Amy K
There are newer reviews for Villa Makassar

Reviewed 3 January 2013

We just stayed for 4 nights at the Villa Makassar over New Year. Beautiful rooms and spa, but the best things were the lovely roof terrace (very quiet, very peaceful) and the immensely helpful staff. Nothing was too much trouble. We ate breakfast on the roof terrace every day, highly recommended. We booked a Junior Suite and were a little disappointed by the room, but otherwise the hotel was truly outstanding and would very happily recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carolinedunstall
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Thank you to all the team of Villa Makassar! I had the best time! The service was amazing, the kindness of everybody was incredible. The place is so beautiful, so high standard , everything was perfect. I will definitely be back, this time with friends or family because when it's that good, you must share it!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank liora c
Reviewed 10 December 2012

If you plan to visit Marrakech,this is the place to stay...The service from the pick up at the airport to your check out is fantatstic.The riad Villa Makassar is located in La Medina,in the heart of Marrakech and respect the pure tradition of a Palais d'Hotes with the authentic moroccan hospitality.The place is stunning in a pure Art Deco style mixed with excellent taste to
an authentic palace mauresque:Vintage furniture,painting,bronze,carpets and lighting are somptuous.The service is discreet but perfect.The breakfast is delicious with generous portion and you can take it any time and any where in the riad.I recommend the breakfast on the roof terrace with an incredible view on the Atlas .You don't feel any pressure and it is so calm and peaceful compare the life in La Medina.The service in the spa and the hamam are very affordable for a 5 stars.The atmosphere and the beauty of the place are so great that you don't feel to go out anymore.
I had the chance to visit all the rooms and they are all different ,very confortable with a huge B&O TVwith satellite,a Dvd and a fantastic choice of movies at your disposition.I stayed in the Clement Rousseau suite and it was really amazing...
I can't wait to go back again in this hidden gem

Room Tip: all the rooms are quiet and very confortable
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ngblackpearl
Reviewed 3 December 2012

We had the most fantastic long weekend at Villa Makassar; from the moment we arrived to the moment we left, was wonderful.
Our room was beautiful with everything you could want. On our first evening we had dinner in the restaurant and the food was incredible, as was breakfast on the roof terrace. Whilst there we had a hammam and a massage and both left us feeling with an incredible sense of well being and calm.
All the staff are warm, friendly and go out of their way to ensure that you have the best possible stay and that your every need is met. We also met the owner, Fouad,who made us feel so welcome but it was fascinating to get a little history of the beautiful Art Deco furniture and furnishings all around the riad.
Highly recommended and we are already planning our next visit...!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank roadtripper74
Reviewed 19 November 2012

This was my first visit to Marrakech and I had forgotten that I had come to see the city!. The accommodation and the staff were outstanding. From the time I arrived to the day I left I felt so welcome and safe. The art deco design is fabulous and there is so much attention to detail - it seemed weird having a bang and olufsen tv in the room - but it also added to the quality. I came in the quiet season - but i think that meant i appreciated it more - it's a secret you do want to share - but not with too many people. The food was good and the portions were huge...but i still managed to eat it all. I cant express enough how much the entire team made me feel welcome - everyone was very friendly and genuine. it was a great relief from the madness outside - i mean that in a nice way. but it was very calm and serene in contrast to city life outside.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Our first stay in a moroccan Riad was a very nice experience. The staff were friendly and helpful and tried very hard to please. The waiter even brought me crepes when I asked if the breakfast (served on the roof top)was a traditional Moroccan breakfast, because he thought that I was unhappy with what we had!
They arranged a tour (a little pricey) for us with a very knowledgable guide that spoke english and looked after everything we needed. The room was clean and pleasant, although a bit small, as rooms in riads tend to be.
The Riad is centrally located, close to the Kasbah, the madina, the souks and the King's palace.

Room Tip: If you need space ask for the largest room they have. Riad rooms tend to be dark and small. Also...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple