“My Amazing weekend at Villa Makassar”
Review of Villa Makassar

Villa Makassar
Ranked #38 of 499 Hotels in Marrakech
Hertford
“My Amazing weekend at Villa Makassar”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This boutique hotel (Raid) is absolutely one of the best accommodation I have ever stayed in. The service is 1st class and no amount of money could buy how well we were looked after.
Throughout our stay every little detail had been taken care of by the staff at Villa Makassar.
We stayed from Friday 22nd March to Monday 25th March for my hen weekend and when deciding where to go we were looking for something reasonably priced but a place that was special and we could feel spoilt.
We were definitely spoilt from the moment we arrived until the moment we left. Everything we needed or requested help with was taken care of. The rooms and every area of the hotel decor is stunning. When you arrived all you could see was a wall with a wooden door but when the door opened you felt like you had just walked in to the secret garden, a magical place that nobody knew was there.
We had breakfasts and two evening meals at the hotel, the food was gorgeous and the service outstanding.
The Villa Makassar and all the staff made my hen weekend very special, happy memories that will last forever.
I would highly recommend this Raid to anyone wanting to stay in Marrakech.
Thanks to everyone at Villa Makassar

Room Tip: We upgraded and the rooms were stunning
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Thai first
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I was very suprised to find this Art Deco hotel in Marrakech, it was like stepping into another world, unique rooms with all details designed to perfection. Very helpful staff who even advised me to a fantastic restaurant, thank you Juliette!!

Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Wow..Villa Makassar was above and beyond our expectations!!
The service provided by Souheil and his team is just excellent,its precise and custom made.They helped us with organizing,tours with private guides,amazing choose of restaurants,shopping and everything was so "right on the spot of what we like".
Souheil and his team treated us like they known us for several years and knew exactly how to make hour stay in Marrakesh an outstanding experience!
I have to highlight that you can have your breakfast,lunch and dinner when and where you want at Villa Makassar...the crepes for breakfast is just the best I have ever tasted.
We are already planning the next visit.

F & F

Reviewed 2 May 2013 via mobile

Villa Makassar exceeds expectations from the moment you walk through the door from the busy narrow Morrocan street. We were greeted with mint tea while the manager provided information on our location and local attractions followed by a tour of the Riad, our home for the next three days. The property is exquisitly decorated, each room uniquely furnished. The staff and service were second to none, nothing was too much trouble. I would also recommend the Spa services.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Leigh-on-Sea, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Villa Makassar is a lovely hotel with an Art Deco theme. Each room is different. I had a standard room and found it very palacial. Souheil and his team couldn't do enough for my group. Everyone was so helpful and kind. The hotel is situated within a 20 minute walk to the main square. I hope to revisit it again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2013

This Riad with it's warm friendly welcome should not be missed. We were given a very friendly welcome to our "home" for 3 nights by the Manager Souheil. This was my first trip to Morocco and I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel and the high standard of comfort and furnishings, all very art deco. My room was amazing and the hotel was calm and the staff were very attentive. A big thank you to Souheil and his team; I had the very best time.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I stayed at Villa Makassar on my very first trip (of undoubtedly many more) to Marrakech. If there is one word to describe this hotel it would be have to be cool. Great deco, no two rooms could have been the same. I had the feeling like I was staying in a really cool friend's house. Staff is fabulous and friendly. Had a great a tour of the city with Nuhudeen (sorry if I misspelt) who knows the city inside out and taught me the secrets of an authentic tangine and a wonderful hammam scrub in the spa where the lady even washed my little chemise without any prompting which was incredibly touching. At the end of my stay the owner, Fouad, even gave me a bigger basket for my hand luggage so that Ryanair would not charge me 20 euros per kilo of excess luggage - I did not pay a penny more! Finally, being from Nigeria I was really reminded of how hospitable Africans are here - everyone makes you feel so welcome and valued. Thanks for the great experience.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo