“Wonderful!”
Review of Villa Makassar

Villa Makassar
Ranked #30 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We’ve been to Villa Makassar for 3 nights it was a great experience. It was one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever been. The staff was extremely helpful especially at the reception and the food at the restaurant was delicious, We also tried the Hammam…it was just perfect!
We want to say thank you to the staff for everything it was my first experience staying in a Riad, and it was unforgettable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We were met at the airport and driven to our hotel which is a short drive, on arrival we received tea and sat down while we were checked in. We booked a suite which was very spacious and comfortable, massive bed, large bathroom and a small terrace and a nice seating area. The owner has gone to a lot time to make the hotel a wonderful art deco experience. The roof terrace is superb but can get very hot and we were there in feb, think it would be too hot in the summer, some sun umbrellas would help, there were none when I was there.
Very close to the square which we walked too, I love the streets of Marrakech, never a dull moment. We used the restaurant a couple of times and the service and food were delightful, the spa was great, we used the hammam and the young ladies who run the spa are so charming. A lovely relaxing experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David D
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Just got back from staying at the villa Makassar as a birthday present from my best friend. We stayed here for 3 nights.
Unforgettable experience the most stylish beautiful place I have ever stayed. The Art Deco style was done with taste style and passion. Every day we went to different parts of the Riad and found Something even more impressive. The staff were extremely helpful Eve greeted us on arrival and gave us a tour and mint tea which is always a nice gesture.
Through our stay we had a problem with the shower they could not have done more to sorted it out and it was Sorted and working fine.but for the inconveniences they offer us a free massage at their lovely spar. Fabulous.

The food was delicious and served in beautifully surfisticated surroundings .
This Riad is a must and I shall go back with my husband.
Their driver Noar was also very helpful as we booked to go to Essaouira for the day and he was knowledgeable and interested in telling you all about the history of Morocco and very funny and looked after us. Certainly an asset to the hotel.
Unfortunately we did not meet the owner Fouad but I would like to say thank you to you and your staff for it was my first experience staying in a Riad and Marrakech and it was unforgettable .will be back with hubby next time .

Room Tip: Twin rooms not too big
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mia21Oxted
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Booked this for a birthday treat for a friend so very keen everything should be just right, it was!! Even before my stay my emails were answered promptly and Fouad arranged my trip to Essaouira for me . The driver he supplied was one of the best guides I have had, he was fun, informative and we both felt very comfortable with him, his name was Nour.All the staff at the riad were extremely helpful especially the 2 female receptionists. eve told us she had only been working there a while but she was so helpful and professional and both could not do enough for us. The rooms ( we were given a choice of 2 on arrival!) were stylish and well appointed and we loved them . It is also in a good position for sight seeing. To sum up it was gorgeous and we will both be returning with our husbands!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My friend and I stayed in this Riad literally two weeks ago for three nights and i can't begin to tell you how much of a delight it was. From the tranquil surrounds, art deco design, relaxing pool area and the rooms were simply stunning. Not to mention the amazing staff there - Eve, Ismael and the team who were always on hand to help with any enquiries.

Whether you choose to relax on the beautiful roof terrace, laze around the pool area, go for spa treatments or simply wonder around the riad taking in the delightful design - visit this riad and you will not be disappointment. This is 5 star accommodation and i shall definitely be returning. The people, hospitality and country is amazing!! Ramadan Kareem to them all. Inshallah x

Thank you guys for a truly enjoyable stay. See you next year. :)

Kelly and Judith

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank KellyLou2014
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed here for a week and thanks to eve and the team had an excellent stay. The riad was an oasis of tranquility behind a door the other side of which was the busy medina. The villa is beautifully decorated maintaining the art deco style throughout.

We arrived late and had no problems with check-in or the transfer the riad had arranged for us, everything worked smoothly and we were swiftly settled in our comfortable room. If I had to make one small complaint it is that the lighting is dark in the rooms and not too practical.

there is plenty of space to relax in the riad in afternoons with the roof terrace for sun worshippers, whilst we enjoyed a swim in the pool and

Do have dinner on the rooftop whilst you stay - we did and it was a truly magical experience, excellent food with excellent service surrounded by the sounds of the city.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2014

If you love cool, stylish and sophisticated surroundings, with wonderful staff, a spa and great restaurant, then look no further. We have just spent four nights at the Villa Makassar in the Kasbah in Marrakech, and believe me, everything good that's been written about this hotel is absolutely true. We arrived after a very long day and walked into an oasis of calm and tranquility. Built around a stunning courtyard, this is no ordinary riad. It has only ten rooms, all individually furnished with genuine art deco furnishings, statues and paintings, which are truly wonderful. Every detail has been hand picked, from the taps in the bathrooms to the stingray (yes, really!) covered table in the lounge. The owner, Fouad, has spent a lifetime collecting wonderful pieces which are there for everyone to enjoy, and he took great pleasure in taking us round when we arrived.

The staff can't do enough for you, they were wonderful - never in your face but always around if you needed something, from breakfast in the little courtyard, to one of the best tagines I had during the whole holiday, organising trips, guides and taxis to restaurants and generally advising about the best places to go. The riad is really centrally located in the Kasbah, just a short walk from the big square and the souk, and the amazing thing is that however mad and noisy the streets outside are, once you are through the front door you could be in another world, it's so quiet and peaceful.

I can really recommend the hammam where you're massaged to within an inch of your life then covered in black soap - but you come out with skin as soft as a baby! The spa is beautifully cool and very stylish - they even cut my husband's hair for him. Now that's what I call service!

This was our first visit to Marrakech, but I seriously hope it won't be our last - but we'll only come back if we can stay at Villa Makassar. Thank you Fouad and all your staff for making this a memorable introduction to a fascinating country.

Room Tip: One small word of warning. We had a huge Jacuzzi in our room but unfortunately no shower, so unless...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends