“Best Italian and NAFT (Not another Flipping Tagine)”
Review of Amaia Restaurant

Amaia Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 862 Restaurants in Marrakech
Price range: US$9 - US$35
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Description: Near the post office of Marrakesh Gueliz, on the Hassan 2 boulevard, the Amaia restaurant is Open from Monday to Saturday. Food is served all day. Eat in or take out, food is tasty, healthy, light and so are the prices. For lunch and dinner, in a cozy atmosphere, check out the large menu with its good wines and daily suggestions. At aperitif time, a large variety of cocktails and tapas are also available.
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Best Italian and NAFT (Not another Flipping Tagine)”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We loved our food whilst we stayed in Marraketch for 11 days but If you are looking for a break from Tagine and Kebab.Try this excellent alternative a well managed, tastefully decorated, food emporium serving the the best tagliatelle carbonara I have eaten outside Sicily. This is not surprising as the owners family originated from Sicily. I am not sure if I should mention this but the pancetta tasted wonderful and the wine was excellent too.

• Visited December 2013
amaia-marrakech, Propriétaire at Amaia Restaurant, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
thank you cw for your nice comment about Amaia. It is always enjoyable to read that our clients like our work.
Hope to see you soon for "not a NAFT"!

kind regards

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Scunthorpe
“A change from Morrocan food”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

An excelent little french restaurant on a busy street in the new town of Marrakech.

I took my wife there for a birthday treat having read some reviews. The service was excellent the food freshly cooked.

We both had a starter, a main course and two glasses of wine each. We then decided to have a dessert so we ordered a chocolate fondant between us. We were told it would take about 20 minutes to cook. Understanding that it would be freshly made. When it arrived it was to die for delicious.

Woul highly recomend this restaurant.

Cornishpastie45,
We are happy that your wife & yourself have loved her birthday meal in our restaurant. The chocolate fondant is the best choice to close the meal in style!

See you soon for another experience.

sincerely

E. Garozzo
“Best food in Marrakech!!”
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

Such a lovely place hidden in the middle of nowhere! After eating takeout food and Morrocan cuisine all week this was perfect. The service was excellent with an extremely friendly and helpful host and waiter who was very fluent in English. The food was the best quality, if you're looking for a nice romantic restaurant away from the hussle and bussle for yourself and partner with good food and drink at a good price I would strongly recommend. The only downfall is the location. The streets are extremely busy at night the roads are quite dangerous to cross and there was a lot of rubbish just outside the restaurant, does not do this amazing place any justice.

• Visited December 2013
amaia-marrakech, Propriétaire at Amaia Restaurant, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Roxy,

Thank you for your comment and for enjoying our food, drinks and atmosphere.
About the roads...fortunately the roadworks are at the end! Everything returns to normal!
Marrakesh is changing for best!

Kind regards
E. Garozzo
“Lovely food. Great service!”
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

We had several great meals here, after my family got sick and my husband refused Moroccan food. This restaurant is a haven amongst the chaos of Marrakech. The food was great. The wine was great. The service was excellent. The owners went over expectation of what was expected of a lovely restaurant, and helped us with personal problems while in Morocco. We couldn't recommend more... Tick, tick, tick.

Visited September 2013
Thank you so much Rebecca for your post and your fidelity during your trip in Marrakesh.
We are happy that we have been hepful for your family.
Hope to see you again!

London, United Kingdom
“A laid back vibe with good food...but....”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Trip advisor sent us here was highly rated and rightly so. After eating lots of Moroccan food we fancied a change... the menu was quite limited yet enough choice which I think is a good thing as sometimes a large menu makes it harder to choose a meal and with a small menu you know the food will be fresh. Upon receiving our main course my girlfriend said she had received the wrong main to me, as she is normally wrong, I dismissed this saying she was a stupid beaver but she was sure. A few minutes later the guy who took the order came over and confessed that he had put through the wrong order and offered to change it, (I think it was a language barrier thing anyway) as my girlfriend had half eaten the food already she declined as she didn't have a big apatite anyway. My main was a burger but really excellent. We both had the lemon tart for dessert which was a delightful little bugger.

Overall we had a nice meal, the service was friendly, the beer was lovely, the music was cool and loud but not so loud you couldn't talk, the only reason I gave this a 4 out of 5 instead of 5 was the main mix up, and also as we were charged slightly more for the main she received, not for the cheaper option she ordered. so if your after a good value meal then I would choose here :)

• Visited November 2013
amaia-marrakech, Propriétaire at Amaia Restaurant, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Joey and Madam,

First, thank you for your lovely post, but I am so confused about the dual mistake in the ordered main course of Madam...
I'd like to apologize, If you lead your walks near Amaia again, please, It will be a pleasure for me to offer a double glass of wine for Madam and a good beer for you.

Sincerely.