“5 days in heaven.”

Ranked #60 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
paris, france
“5 days in heaven.”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

The weather what not that gorgeous but just fair enough to use the pool. the kids loved it so much, they just long to go back. The welcoming in the room on Valentine' day was brilliant, as well as all the attentions the personnel had with us and our 3 little devils. I do recommend the Kids for all seasons club where even the most "bored -I-like-Nothing" kind of kid will be queuing to get there first thing in the morning. And, us, mothers, going solo on holidays without our husband for the fist time we could enjoy the Marrakech sun as well as the visits to the Souk and the spa. Just the best February holidays ever !

Room Tip: when travelling with another family of friends you can ask for facing rooms on the ground floor. ver...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Marrakech, Morocco
Reviewed 23 February 2014

It didn't get off to an auspicious start. Dull weather encouraging guests to decamp to the lounge and light up. I asked the lounge attendant if smoking was allowed and he said it was not hotel policy so when it happened later I spoke irately with Nick the hotel manager who patiently explained that while it is discouraged there are no laws prohibiting it in Morocco. This makes it difficult for the superb staff to balance demands of clearly competing guests' interests which was alleviated when the sun came out as the splendid outside terrace with its lemon trees and stunning views of the Atlas Mountains could be used by smokers. The legendary four seasons service was in evidence all week and even though there are only two restaurants plus the lounge there was real inventiveness about the changing menu themes. I do wish that they wouldn't serve doughnuts at the breakfast platter but only because my children gorged on them rather than the splendid fruits and great egg selection but that says more about my ability to persuade my children to eat what is good for them. The pools where great and when one got fed up with the family pool , a quick swim in the adult pool was like a spa treatment in itself. Talking of which , one the best spas I've been to though the little boutique shop which is along side it is underwhelming in what it stocks but overwhelming in the service it brings including finding me a temporary pair of sun glasses for the many sets I forget to pack. Overall a great week , terrific staff though the ground floor exec suite was rather dark and didn't really invite spending much time except in the titanic sized bath which the children spend ages in.

Room Tip: Choose a room higher up. Too dark on ground floor
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Noel H,

It is our duty to know how to manage a situation when a guest decides to light up a cigarette covered by the local regulations while we design the interior areas to be non smoking. It is for us to learn how to manage this trying situation. Truth to be told in Marrakech generally good weather it is not common but it happened this time and I am so sorry about it. I know that Nick, our Hotel Manager, tried everything.

It hurts that the little round dot in your assessment is not filled, I can not deny so. But I think you are very right on your comments. I hope that you come back, I know that you promised Nick you would do. Please let me know how I may be of assistance. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Respectfully,

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This hotel lives up to the Four Seasons brand but with an Arabian flavor. Our group of more than 150 persons arrived after 11pm, nearly 5 hours after our expected arrival. Even so, the hotel staff was waiting for us. We were greeted with delicious mint tea. Check-in was handled efficiently with two tables set up in the lobby (not the check-in area) for our key distribution. By the time we got to our room, half of our luggage was already there (and the rest arrived a short time later). Our group was in Morocco for a conference. Because of our size, a ballroom was used to serve our daily breakfast which included an omelette station. The hotel property covers a huge area. The grounds are beautiful and need to be explored. Everyone was pleasant and doing all to make us feel very welcome. This was particularly important since you realize that many of the staff did not speak English but they smiled warmly. The hotel was not a long distance from tourist attractions and shopping and hotel staff was very good about arranging transportation. Our standard room was large with a very relaxing seating area outside the sliding doors. The large bathroom contained a deep soaking tub and a rainfall showerhead. This Four Seasons did not disappoint. It is definitely worth a return stay. For a group as large as ours, I did not hear of any complaints during our 4 night stay.

Room Tip: Our ground level room had a privacy hedge which kept out an intruders who would walk by.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Great property with beautiful views of the Atlas Mountains. Service was efficient and friendly. We spent a coupe of nights here after spending a couple of nights in a Riad in the middle of the Medina, completely different experiences each good in their own way.
Service was great, grounds and property are beautiful, room was large and had all the confidences including a beautiful balcony. Pool area was great and services was efficient and friendly. Could have had better selection of traditional dishes in the menu though.
It was an easy cab ride to many of the sights, but not within walking distance.
Spa experience was superb, hamam was beautiful and we really enjoyed our experiences. Don't ever hi k I've been so thoroughly scrubbed in all my life!
Room service was great, we asked for Moroccan crepes which were not I the menu and they were delivered with no fuss. This being said, prices in the hotel were very high for food and beverage.
We did encounter a coulee of hiccups at check out which were eventually resolved but was rather unpleasant as we tried to make out way to the airport: at first they could not figure out how to apply a Four Seasons gift card towards our charges but finally figured it out, then they said their credit card machines were not working. I understands that, but it felt like they wanted us to pay cash which we had not planned for (several hundred dollars). As I mentioned they figured it all out in the end, but would've been a different experience without nth is hiccup.

Room Tip: Ask for or pay for a room with a mountain view, higher floor of possible.
Canton, Georgia
Reviewed 15 February 2014

This hotel is amazing. You get a good feel for the Moroccan culture. The service is fantastic and the rooms are unbelievable. The only thing missing is a good gift shop - they only have a small boutique and it only sells a few things. There was no place to buy drinks, snacks or toiletries. Highly recommended though!

Room Tip: I am pretty sure any room there is amazing.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Maybe there are better located hotels but we would really come back if Marrakesh comes into our travel plans again.
Things did not start well. We were not picked up by a Range Rover as arranged but by a van instead same when we went to dinner that night. The next morning same van was waiting. A quick complain with the concierge was enough to get the Range Rover through the whole stay.
The Pavilion suite is roomy with two full bathrooms but ours was at the end of a long corridor, our private garden and sun bathing area facing a wall... The hotel was almost empty so why do that? I did complain the next day but since we had unpacked I told front desk I did not want to change.
The above would normally make me give an average rating but during the stay we noticed how staff made their best to make our stay the best possible.
During our 4 day stay we noticed small things which are important. When going to the breakfast buffet for another round, previous plate was quickly removed and a new set of silver was placed on the table. Most of times in other hotels we have to ask waiter for a new set...
We wanted to have dinner at the hotel Italian restaurant but it was closed on Monday (so as Sunday) so, since we did not want Moroccan food, we had two options either go out or eat again at the hall restaurant with a very limited menu. Since room service had a larger menu I asked to order from that menu. After a quick authorization from the manager, we had what we wanted. Waiters were simply fantastic, especially because they did know the dishes they kept the chef on the phone so they could explain them to us, not mentioning the warm smile of the lovely waitress. My wife and I were really happy.
Bellmen and drivers were all polite, nice and helpful. House keeping just perfect. Concierge arranged for a full time guide Abdul a very good and educated guide. By the way prices in Medina are much higher than in the new city stores.
When driving us to the airport the hotel driver, like in most Asian countries, took us to the check in and handled luggage and boarding passes. I do recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Suites are roomy bit avoid the suites with gardens facing a wall. It seems some regular rooms have m...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 47carlosm
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear 47carlosm,

It has passed some time since your last visit and I wonder if you are thinking about taking a break from work and the hussle and bussle of Lisbon. Specially now in the next few days as the City becomes crazy with the Champions final. Would you come back!

I would love to have you back and take care of you. I was so thankful for your kindness during your review. You could have only felt for the things that did not go right but the emotional connection and the genuine care for your stay made the difference. We have used your review over and over to learn from it.

My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com. Please let me know when you return.

Yours Cordially,

Cambridge
Reviewed 11 February 2014

This hotel is just pure class. You walk in and immediately feel calm. The service is top notch, the bedrooms are fantastic - my room had a balcony with the mountains in the background and the food just stunning. Highly recommend this gem.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank cufccaroline
Dear cufccaroline,

It feels great to hear your comment. Thank you so much. I am Felix Murillo, the General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech.

It feels great because although it is late at night now, after a long day, it gives me a lot of energy to come back tomorrow to the morning briefing and share it with the team. And use it to let us all see that all that effort they are putting to take care of the guests is worthy.

Please cufccaroline, if I may ever be of any assistance within Morocco, Marrakech or Four Seasons please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours cordially,