“Luxury in the Heart of Marrakech”

Four Seasons Resort Marrakech
Ranked #53 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Great pool scene. Great service. Great overall ambiance. BEST ROOM SERVICE IN THE GAME. This is the place to stay if you want to visit Marrakech but dont want to feel gross/dirty/crowded/overwhelmed. It is about 5 min cab from Medina (center of town), and the setting of the hotel makes you feel like youre in an exotic country. The restaurants are just ok (food not great/over priced), and the spa is just ok (overpriced). But the room service is ON POINT. The rooms are spacious, very large bathrooms, great products, very clean, very quiet, and very nice hotel staff. Very reasonable rooms also at about $400/night. Will stay again on my next visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear CLonds,

Thank you very much for coming all the way to Marrakech. For you to come here, you had to stop over in London. It is a long flight! you could have chosen to go to other resorts much closer to home. I am Felix Murillo, the General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech.

Thank you for your comment about the Restaurant pricing, we want to be competitive and I promise that I take the comment very well and work on the value of the lunch and dinner.

Please let me know if you come back to Morocco or if I can be of any help within Four Seasons. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Context - we stayed seven nights at the beginning of February - being very lucky with the weather, we were able to enjoy the pool area of the hotel most days, as well as using many of the hotel amenities, restaurants and going on two excursions recommended by the hotel (not pre-booked).

Room (ground floor) classic decor, all modern amenities, comfortable, AC worked well (vital!) and bed wonderfully comfortable. All staff superbly friendly and service was great. Pool area delightful - separate pool for small ones was most welcome.

Restaurant slightly limiting - breakfast menu could have been more imaginative and wide ranging, and Moroccan restaurant could have had greater choice - one could get "Moroccan'd out" before too long! And the other restaurant (Italian) had similar limiting menu. But no issue with quality of food and beverages.

Most liked - accommodation and staff, and excursion to the Atlas Mountains.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms can give better views of the Atlas Mountains.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Richard C,

My name if Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech. In February, I am sure, you had many choices where to go in Marrakech and I am so happy that you came to us. It is a blessing that we have the two pools separated. The one you liked, the so called QUIET pool and the other the Family pool that it is adjacent to the other little one that it is right there in the kids club.

Will you let me know when you are preparing your trip next year. I would love to be of help. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We love this hotel. Spacious, two pools and above all excellent staff. Our favourites are the tea man the pool guys and the fabulous head receptionist in the spa. The hotel is big enough to swallow the inevitable conference delegates, who are never hard to spot - lanyards - fully clothed and saying things like "blinkers off" and "I think Alan's the weak link here".
My only small criticism is sometimes just sometimes things don't see to sync ie just when they've done your fresh fried eggs the bacon disappears ! They enthusiastic staff will spring into action but the wait will be long. So stay here please you will love it.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Honneybonnet,

I love to go over your reviews, over time. I think it is great how you share your experience every time you come. Thank you for being so gracious with us. Please let me know how can I be of any help during the preparation of your trip next year, I would love to. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours cordially,

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I recently was lucky enough to spend the weekend at the Four Seasons Marrakech and absolutely loved it! More like a small resort than a hotel, the property and grounds are beautiful. I was in a Deluxe bedroom, which was very spacious and luxurious with a cute balcony and modern amenities. The staff were really what made the experience exceptional though - from the warm welcome as I arrived to the friendly goodbye, each member of staff I encountered was warm, friendly and willing to do absolutely anything to make my stay perfect. An added bonus is that the resort is only a 10 minute drive from the airport and about the same from the Medina.

Dear Gemanji 1,

This is one of those days that after a long day, at the end when I have the time to seat and read and respond to our guests, I finished reading a note like yours and brings a sweet feeling. You are so nice in your praise for the people of the Resort! Thank you. There is so many employees that give their best and their heart every day. Your note is very encouraging to all of them. I look forward to share it with them tomorrow morning.

Please Germanji 1 let me know the next time you may plan a trip to Morocco or within Four Seasons. I am Felix Murillo, the General Manager of the Resort, my direct email address is felix.murillo@foursasons.com.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 28 March 2014

The Four Seasons Resort in Marrakesh is a large and sprawling hotel, with rooms both connected to the main hotel and in ‘pavillons’ around the landscaped grounds. A map is provided at check in, but it is quite impossible to follow, and when I asked the concierge to mark where my room was on the map, after long deliberation she still got it wrong!

Our room in the main area of the hotel was spacious, with an entry hall, walk in dressing area, and large bathroom with separate toilet and bidet , as well as the large, high ceilinged bedroom and sitting area. A sliding door opened onto a terrace with loungers and day bed, and a private garden area, the perfect setting for work I had to do, disturbed only by birdsong. The buffet breakfast was included in our tariff. It was excellent.

The main room was pleasantly unspectacular, adequately furnished for all needs, with tea making facilities and bottled water supplied daily. It is however inadequately lit. The high, double beds were the most comfortable I have slept in anywhere. There is no folder giving information about hotel services, restaurants, meal times etc. in the room, but I have been told it was available on the television. As I did not come to Marrakesh to watch television I did not discover it. Housekeeping was friendly and there is an evening turndown.

The bathroom has double sinks, a large, powerful shower and a bath so deep and wide my children could have swum in it. There is an illuminated magnifying mirror, and a hairdryer. Toiletries are L’Occitane, (no bath oil), and all other personal needs, bathrobes, slippers and lots of towels are provided. A vase of roses was placed on the vanity. Again though lighting was inadequate.

Staff are well trained, willing, pleasant, and smiling. Public areas are spacious and, at least while we were there, roses were displayed everywhere. There is a very nice indoor/outdoor bar - but check the bill as ours was incorrect. The grounds are landscaped and well cared for and there is a large, heated swimming pool. There is a beautiful spa, and whilst the girl who did my pedicure was not slickly professional, she was very nice, anxious to please and did a good job. However about £80 for a basic pedicure did not encourage me to have other treatments.

Several Trip Advisor reports have complained the hotel is not up to the standard of other Four Seasons hotels. Whilst there were slight ‘niggles’, - the terrace door was hard to lock, one of the bath taps was sticky, one bathroom door sprung open - I’m sure that if I had complained they would have been fixed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear worldwide,

It is very special when one of our guest gives the trust to return and to share your comments. Thank you for coming back, thank you for your gracious comments. I am Felix Murillo, the General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech.

I am sending a technician to the last room you were in and review the terrace door that was hard to lock, the bath tap that was sticky and the bathroom door sprung open. Thank you for telling me.

Please let me know when you are planning to return, or if I may be able to help within Four Seasons. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours Cordially,

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Our company reserved the entire resort for a company function. Pool, staff, food, beds, all first rate. My wife especially enjoyed the spa and the traditional Haman ?? skin treatment. Several bars, pools were heated so the water was beautiful. Very close to the airport (5 min).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Eric R,

What is very special about your post is that you also took the time to add some photos of your stay. Thank you very much.

The Hamam is truly special. You know when I arrived first time in Marrakech, I was coming from our Hotels in Istanbul. I loved the Hamam there, and I thought that the Moroccan would be the same. Far from it. There is something about the Moroccan hamam that makes you addicted to it.

I hope you return, it was very special to have you with us. Please let me know if you do. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed here for four nights and had one of the most memorable breaks we have had in a while ! The hotel is stunning and every detail has been painstakingly thought of. The hotel is only a ten min transfer from the airport and offers a stunning setting. The rooms are spacious, well designed and very luxurious.
The staff are all polite, ready to please and clearly take pride in their work. Nothing was too much trouble and everyone always smiled and extended a greeting.
We used the Spa while we were there and had a most amazing massage. The menu of treatments means there is something for everyone.
Highly recommended resort

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear KathyReading,

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech. Guests take the time to write about us but you also were so nice to us that included a couple of pics of the Resort. Thank you so much.

Thank you for thinking of us. We work so hard to bring the service to the top level that when we see that the genuine care has reached the guest... Well it is just a great feeling.

I hope you return. You are so close. It takes three hours of flight time and it is great that there is no time change and also that as you say we are closed to the airport. Will you let me know when you return. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com