We stayed here for a week in late March.
Check in: our taxi pulled up under the covered entrance and we were guided onto a red carpet and into the main communal area. We were given time to relax on a settee with a mint tea while the staff checked us in. Our rooms were upgraded and I was soon in 224.
Room: 224 is a large room with a big bathroom, a huge, deep bath and a separate, excellent shower. Very comfy bed. Table and chairs. A separate dressing room. Wifi. Large, flat screen TV with Sky News, BBC World & Food Network. Bedside radio/iPod docking station. There is a hub under the TV to connect to the wired internet and charge iDevices etc. Overhead rotating fan.
The aircon had me stumped for a moment but I sussed it. The room had a balcony with settees but I didn't sit on it. The chambermaid service is excellent and I left a good tip.
Communal areas: everywhere is spotless and there's always a member of staff to ask for a coffee or a drink. I'm not into cut flowers but the rose display is special. Log fires are lit on chilly evenings. There is an attractive sitting room with a good selection of books on Morocco.
Food: on the first night we had the Moroccan Feast in the Solano Restaurant. Belly dancers appeared. Very impressive but we didn't do it justice.
We ate one night in the Last Call sports bar; beer and burgers are the order of the day here. There are four plasmas showing football and they will changed the channels for you to watch what you like.
Below the Last Call is the more formal Italian restaurant, the Blue de Orange. Recommend for one night if you are there for a week.
Breakfast is great and is served every morning in the Solano restaurant. You can pretty much have anything you like. A great start to the day. There is a menu but you'll need to ask for it.
The pool-side restaurant is very nice. The food is perfect for a midday meal and an escape from the -sometimes- overpowering African sun.
Location: quite. 5 minute taxi ride to Jemaa el Fna square. The gardens are lovely and quiet, with only the odd plane taking off take away from the near-total tranquility. The staff will get you a taxi and negotiate the price for you.
Facilities: lovely pool! Nicest pool I have come across. The lifeguard is really attentive. Plenty of loungers when we were there. Quite closely spaced but okay.
Two main pools; adults and a family pool. Also a jacuzzi pool with a waterfall adjacent to the adults pool.
Tented beds around the pool provide maximum shade. Lifeguard will position parasols for you.
Wifi is okay but didn't seem to,work in the Solano restaurant. The hotel charged me incorrectly for the enhanced wifi service, but immediately removed it when I pointed out that I didn't use it.
The Young Adults Centre is cool with pool, table football, computers (Macs & PCs), XBOX, board games and a cinema. The member of staff will play you at pool if you like.
They have an ATM machine next to reception.
The concierge organised a trip to the Atlas Mountains with lunch at Kasbah Tamadot. They upgraded us to a Range Rover which was appreciated.
Staff/Service: A-mazing! We came away thinking this is +the best+ service and staff we have ever come across. The couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. Simply awesome.
Overall: thoroughly recommended. We loved it. I'm sure you will too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marrakech refreshed: Located adjacent to the Menara Gardens, just a five minute drive from the exotic energy of the ancient Medina, Four Seasons offers a fresh Moroccan perspective: a calming resort-hotel with a light Moroccan touch. The inspiring retreat combines an impressive spa, landscaped pools, gardens and event space with a contemporary design that augments the sense of airy luminosity. Welcoming and uplifting, the hotel offers couples, families and groups a stylish oasis within an intriguing ancient city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- 4 Seasons Resort Marrakech