“Fantastc”

Cowes, Isle of Wight, UK
“Fantastc”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Four Seasons

We stayed here for a week in late March.

Check in: our taxi pulled up under the covered entrance and we were guided onto a red carpet and into the main communal area. We were given time to relax on a settee with a mint tea while the staff checked us in. Our rooms were upgraded and I was soon in 224.

Room: 224 is a large room with a big bathroom, a huge, deep bath and a separate, excellent shower. Very comfy bed. Table and chairs. A separate dressing room. Wifi. Large, flat screen TV with Sky News, BBC World & Food Network. Bedside radio/iPod docking station. There is a hub under the TV to connect to the wired internet and charge iDevices etc. Overhead rotating fan.

The aircon had me stumped for a moment but I sussed it. The room had a balcony with settees but I didn't sit on it. The chambermaid service is excellent and I left a good tip.

Communal areas: everywhere is spotless and there's always a member of staff to ask for a coffee or a drink. I'm not into cut flowers but the rose display is special. Log fires are lit on chilly evenings. There is an attractive sitting room with a good selection of books on Morocco.

Food: on the first night we had the Moroccan Feast in the Solano Restaurant. Belly dancers appeared. Very impressive but we didn't do it justice.

We ate one night in the Last Call sports bar; beer and burgers are the order of the day here. There are four plasmas showing football and they will changed the channels for you to watch what you like.

Below the Last Call is the more formal Italian restaurant, the Blue de Orange. Recommend for one night if you are there for a week.

Breakfast is great and is served every morning in the Solano restaurant. You can pretty much have anything you like. A great start to the day. There is a menu but you'll need to ask for it.

The pool-side restaurant is very nice. The food is perfect for a midday meal and an escape from the -sometimes- overpowering African sun.

Location: quite. 5 minute taxi ride to Jemaa el Fna square. The gardens are lovely and quiet, with only the odd plane taking off take away from the near-total tranquility. The staff will get you a taxi and negotiate the price for you.

Facilities: lovely pool! Nicest pool I have come across. The lifeguard is really attentive. Plenty of loungers when we were there. Quite closely spaced but okay.

Two main pools; adults and a family pool. Also a jacuzzi pool with a waterfall adjacent to the adults pool.

Tented beds around the pool provide maximum shade. Lifeguard will position parasols for you.

Wifi is okay but didn't seem to,work in the Solano restaurant. The hotel charged me incorrectly for the enhanced wifi service, but immediately removed it when I pointed out that I didn't use it.

The Young Adults Centre is cool with pool, table football, computers (Macs & PCs), XBOX, board games and a cinema. The member of staff will play you at pool if you like.

They have an ATM machine next to reception.

The concierge organised a trip to the Atlas Mountains with lunch at Kasbah Tamadot. They upgraded us to a Range Rover which was appreciated.

Staff/Service: A-mazing! We came away thinking this is +the best+ service and staff we have ever come across. The couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. Simply awesome.

Overall: thoroughly recommended. We loved it. I'm sure you will too.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear eclipsemullet,

Thank you, thank you, thank you. For taking the time, for being so thorough, for being nice to us. My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech. It was a nice moral boost the other day to read your review. Please forgive me if it took a few days to reply, but I wanted to come back to you with the good news after your comment about the Wifi in the Restaurant Solano.

We did it! now when you arrive at the Restaurant you become automatically connected to the Wifi, The same in all other Restaurants. Thank you for bringing the point up. You were right, it was something that we needed to work on and make it happen.

The next step is at the Gym and the Spa, you did not mentioned it, but we thought that the same feeling would apply here.

If I may ever be of any assistance eclipsmullet, whether within Four Seasons or Morocco, please let me know. I would love to be of help. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Felix

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Southampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

This is really one of the best hotel I stayed in. I went for a conference for 4 days and really enjoyed the food, sun and bedroom. It is hard to fault anything in this hotel except maybe the price. But then again quality always comes at a price! Overall a beautiful hotel. It is in the centre but not best location if you want to walk around. It is too far for walking to the medina for example.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Pascal G,

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech. I read your note and I just look forward now to print it and share it with the team. It feels good. You have been very kind and I really respect you. Thank you.

May I take the opportunity to say something about the location. For those ones that come for the first time to Marrakech and think that it is all about being inside the Medina or super close, that that is what it should be. There is something about the energy of the Medina that is fantastic that you want to feel it. However there is also something about Marrakech, to rest about being in the Medina, and finding the balance. At times it is also overwhelming, there is where we come in... 5 minutes ride from it, it is just a one straight road with 2 traffic lights that brings you there, true you would not walk it under the Sun (takes about 45 minutes) but a super short cab ride.

There is something about resting from the Medina, to just lay on the pool, walk in the gardens, the space, disconnect a bit.

Please let me know Pascal G, next time you come to Marrakech, from where you live is less than a 3 hours flight and no time difference, we are 5 minutes away from the Airport, and I would love to be of assistance. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Great pool scene. Great service. Great overall ambiance. BEST ROOM SERVICE IN THE GAME. This is the place to stay if you want to visit Marrakech but dont want to feel gross/dirty/crowded/overwhelmed. It is about 5 min cab from Medina (center of town), and the setting of the hotel makes you feel like youre in an exotic country. The restaurants are just ok (food not great/over priced), and the spa is just ok (overpriced). But the room service is ON POINT. The rooms are spacious, very large bathrooms, great products, very clean, very quiet, and very nice hotel staff. Very reasonable rooms also at about $400/night. Will stay again on my next visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear CLonds,

Thank you very much for coming all the way to Marrakech. For you to come here, you had to stop over in London. It is a long flight! you could have chosen to go to other resorts much closer to home. I am Felix Murillo, the General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech.

Thank you for your comment about the Restaurant pricing, we want to be competitive and I promise that I take the comment very well and work on the value of the lunch and dinner.

Please let me know if you come back to Morocco or if I can be of any help within Four Seasons. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Context - we stayed seven nights at the beginning of February - being very lucky with the weather, we were able to enjoy the pool area of the hotel most days, as well as using many of the hotel amenities, restaurants and going on two excursions recommended by the hotel (not pre-booked).

Room (ground floor) classic decor, all modern amenities, comfortable, AC worked well (vital!) and bed wonderfully comfortable. All staff superbly friendly and service was great. Pool area delightful - separate pool for small ones was most welcome.

Restaurant slightly limiting - breakfast menu could have been more imaginative and wide ranging, and Moroccan restaurant could have had greater choice - one could get "Moroccan'd out" before too long! And the other restaurant (Italian) had similar limiting menu. But no issue with quality of food and beverages.

Most liked - accommodation and staff, and excursion to the Atlas Mountains.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms can give better views of the Atlas Mountains.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Richard C,

My name if Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech. In February, I am sure, you had many choices where to go in Marrakech and I am so happy that you came to us. It is a blessing that we have the two pools separated. The one you liked, the so called QUIET pool and the other the Family pool that it is adjacent to the other little one that it is right there in the kids club.

Will you let me know when you are preparing your trip next year. I would love to be of help. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

We love this hotel. Spacious, two pools and above all excellent staff. Our favourites are the tea man the pool guys and the fabulous head receptionist in the spa. The hotel is big enough to swallow the inevitable conference delegates, who are never hard to spot - lanyards - fully clothed and saying things like "blinkers off" and "I think Alan's the weak link here".
My only small criticism is sometimes just sometimes things don't see to sync ie just when they've done your fresh fried eggs the bacon disappears ! They enthusiastic staff will spring into action but the wait will be long. So stay here please you will love it.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Honneybonnet,

I love to go over your reviews, over time. I think it is great how you share your experience every time you come. Thank you for being so gracious with us. Please let me know how can I be of any help during the preparation of your trip next year, I would love to. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours cordially,

Berkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

I recently was lucky enough to spend the weekend at the Four Seasons Marrakech and absolutely loved it! More like a small resort than a hotel, the property and grounds are beautiful. I was in a Deluxe bedroom, which was very spacious and luxurious with a cute balcony and modern amenities. The staff were really what made the experience exceptional though - from the warm welcome as I arrived to the friendly goodbye, each member of staff I encountered was warm, friendly and willing to do absolutely anything to make my stay perfect. An added bonus is that the resort is only a 10 minute drive from the airport and about the same from the Medina.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Gemanji 1,

This is one of those days that after a long day, at the end when I have the time to seat and read and respond to our guests, I finished reading a note like yours and brings a sweet feeling. You are so nice in your praise for the people of the Resort! Thank you. There is so many employees that give their best and their heart every day. Your note is very encouraging to all of them. I look forward to share it with them tomorrow morning.

Please Germanji 1 let me know the next time you may plan a trip to Morocco or within Four Seasons. I am Felix Murillo, the General Manager of the Resort, my direct email address is felix.murillo@foursasons.com.

Respectfully,

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

The Four Seasons Resort in Marrakesh is a large and sprawling hotel, with rooms both connected to the main hotel and in ‘pavillons’ around the landscaped grounds. A map is provided at check in, but it is quite impossible to follow, and when I asked the concierge to mark where my room was on the map, after long deliberation she still got it wrong!

Our room in the main area of the hotel was spacious, with an entry hall, walk in dressing area, and large bathroom with separate toilet and bidet , as well as the large, high ceilinged bedroom and sitting area. A sliding door opened onto a terrace with loungers and day bed, and a private garden area, the perfect setting for work I had to do, disturbed only by birdsong. The buffet breakfast was included in our tariff. It was excellent.

The main room was pleasantly unspectacular, adequately furnished for all needs, with tea making facilities and bottled water supplied daily. It is however inadequately lit. The high, double beds were the most comfortable I have slept in anywhere. There is no folder giving information about hotel services, restaurants, meal times etc. in the room, but I have been told it was available on the television. As I did not come to Marrakesh to watch television I did not discover it. Housekeeping was friendly and there is an evening turndown.

The bathroom has double sinks, a large, powerful shower and a bath so deep and wide my children could have swum in it. There is an illuminated magnifying mirror, and a hairdryer. Toiletries are L’Occitane, (no bath oil), and all other personal needs, bathrobes, slippers and lots of towels are provided. A vase of roses was placed on the vanity. Again though lighting was inadequate.

Staff are well trained, willing, pleasant, and smiling. Public areas are spacious and, at least while we were there, roses were displayed everywhere. There is a very nice indoor/outdoor bar - but check the bill as ours was incorrect. The grounds are landscaped and well cared for and there is a large, heated swimming pool. There is a beautiful spa, and whilst the girl who did my pedicure was not slickly professional, she was very nice, anxious to please and did a good job. However about £80 for a basic pedicure did not encourage me to have other treatments.

Several Trip Advisor reports have complained the hotel is not up to the standard of other Four Seasons hotels. Whilst there were slight ‘niggles’, - the terrace door was hard to lock, one of the bath taps was sticky, one bathroom door sprung open - I’m sure that if I had complained they would have been fixed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Felix M, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear worldwide,

It is very special when one of our guest gives the trust to return and to share your comments. Thank you for coming back, thank you for your gracious comments. I am Felix Murillo, the General Manager of the Four Seasons Resort Marrakech.

I am sending a technician to the last room you were in and review the terrace door that was hard to lock, the bath tap that was sticky and the bathroom door sprung open. Thank you for telling me.

Please let me know when you are planning to return, or if I may be able to help within Four Seasons. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours Cordially,