“Such a great find!”
Review of Riad Dar Tiflet

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Riad Dar Tiflet
Ranked #498 of 1,139 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
“Such a great find!”
Reviewed 11 October 2011

My friend & I spent a week in Marrakech and I chose Riad Dar Tiflet based on the very reasonable cost and excellent reviews on here. It was SUCH a great find. The Riad is a short walk from Jmaa el Fna, the main square, and an easy walk to many of the main attractions. However, it manages to be an incredibly quiet and peaceful little oasis, down a tiny little alley just off one of the typically teeming streets in the Medina. The Riad is really attractive and comfortable, retaining much of the atmosphere of a tradition Berber home (which it was originally). Our room was a good size, clean and the beds were comfortable. There was a kitchen available for our use, a comfortable living room that we shared with one other room, and a lovely roof terrace that we used a lot. As well as all that, the Riad comes with the most wonderful host, Patrice, who could not have been more helpful and charming. Breakfast prepared by Patrice was well worth the small cost, and Patrice gave us lots of great advice on day trips and where to go in Marrakech, as well as arranging for us to be picked up from the airport (I wouldn't recommend trying to find your way to the Riad on your own the first time!), and gave us a guided tour of the Medina & souk on our first day along with recommendations of restaurants & shops. We had an absolutely wonderful visit to Marrakech and much of that was due to Patrice's guidance and wonderful hospitality. I'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: I looked in all the rooms (there are 4) and they are all comfortable looking & reasonable size w...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Me and my sister and her husband stayed here for 4 nights in September. We emailed the night before to see if they had a vacancy and the owner Patrice answered back right away. We were arriving via bus and Patrice came down to pick us up (free of charge!). He drove us back to the medina and we had a short walk (about 5 minutes) to Dar Tiflet. The riad is located on a quiet, dead-end street, but it is also convenient to get to nearby Rue Dabachi that leads right to Place Djemaa El Fna. The riad is small, but nicely restored with lots of charm. Instead of just a triple room, we were actually given an entire floor, with access to a small kitchen if we wanted to use it. The rooms were clean and comfortable. There is a lovely roof top terrace with places to relax and some very nice and friendly cats. Patrice took the time to show us some maps of the area and he took us on a short walking tour of the souks so that we would feel comfortable. Overall, it was a great place to stay and offered excellent value as well if you stay for multiple nights.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2011

The owners of this Riad are true customer service professionals. I was travelling solo this time so they made sure I was feeling welcome in this amazing but hectic country. They even picked me up at the airport, showed me around the city on the first night and generally were very very helpful and nice! They serve you beautiful breakfast whenever you please to have it and the Riad itself is spectacular, very cosy and very Moroccan. The location is brilliant too! Basically you can't ask for more and at these bargain prices!! WELL RECOMMENDED. Tomas

• Stayed August 2011
London, UK
Reviewed 13 July 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at Dar Tiflet last week and had a fantastic time.
The location is great, 5 mins walk from the central Jmaa el Fna, and the owners Patrice and Marc have loads of local knowledge and restaurant recommendations and such which we found very helpful as Marrakech can be a bit overwhelming at first! Patrice sent us a great map before we arrived so we were able to find our way there without any problems, but he did offer to come and meet us as well which I imagine would be very helpful, particularly if you are arriving at night as Marrakech is quite difficult to navigate!
The decor is beautiful - they have kept the original features of the Riad but have made some improvements, including a lovely roof terrace on a split level which is perfect for watching the sun set over Marrakech. Also the air con in our room was very effective - essential in Morocco for a good night's sleep!
Above all the warm welcome we received and how friendly and helpful Patrice was made our trip great. We left for two days to go to Essaouira and Patrice offered to let us keep our big bag at the Riad, making our trip out so much easier. Little touches like this (and the lovely breakfast!) make this place stand out. When we returned from Essaouira we were greeted like old friends and I was sad to leave and come back to boring old London!
I would recommend it to anyway wanting to go to Marrakech, it's a peaceful bolthole in a beautiful location.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
DarTiflet, Gérant at Riad Dar Tiflet, responded to this review, 14 July 2011
There's nothing else to say as "thank you Londoners"! and come back during Olympic Games, it will be much nicer here than in your "boring london"... Your review is very comforting during this "low season". We keep also as "souvenir" your bottle of w*** you let in the fridge ...and also the wonderb** you let in your room! Send us your adress if you want it returned! See you!
Reviewed 11 July 2011

My stay here was perfect! It is a wonderful and peaceful place to relax after a hectic day in the medina! Marc and Patrice are great hosts, and go out of their way to make sure you're taken care of. The breakfast was yummy! Would definately recommend this place and will stay here again next time im in Marrakech!

• Stayed July 2011
DarTiflet, Gérant at Riad Dar Tiflet, responded to this review, 12 July 2011
Thanks a lot, KingKong, for your warmly review! I think I recognized you and I will remember for a long time your girlfriend playing cards, "le Mistigri", with the children of our neighbours, on the little place in front of the Riad. They were so proud and happy to play with British (and blond) guests! That was great to take time with them. see you next time and take care!
Dallas, Texas, USA
Reviewed 8 July 2011

This is the first time I've ever written a review for tripadvisor - even though I've been using the website for years. I'm kind of lazy like that, I guess... This was an exception. I had to write something about this place. Riad Dar Tiflet is a great place to stay, and Patrice is a fantastic host. In all my travels, I don't think I've ever had a host as friendly, attentive, and helpful as Patrice. This is important in a place like Marrakech. Good advice makes all the difference in the world. We had an amazing time. We literally owe it all to Patrice. Hopefully, I can visit again soon.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
DarTiflet, Gérant at Riad Dar Tiflet, responded to this review, 10 July 2011
It's the first time I blush while reading Tripadvisor! Thanks a lot, dear Americans, we discovered each other through your short stay and I learned a lot about Texas and Latin America with you, during your discovering of your first Islamic and friendly country! Now you can say to all your friends who are watching "expedition impossible, Kingdom of Morocco", "I was there and it's a great country!" See you next time to visit the sanddunes, at last! Merci encore, patrice
Roosdaal, Belgium
Reviewed 30 June 2011

We, 4 girlfriends, had the best time in Marrakech and beyond ( read: a beautiful road trip trough the Atlas with the most astonishing view on green and red valleys, visiting a very charming kasbah, .... and more. ) Patrice et Marc make you feel at home in Marrakech. They give you great tips to visit, how to find your way, learn you some words in Arabic to get around, bring you in contact with trustable shop owners at the Medina. In other words, those are the people you need to make your holiday worthwhile! The Riad is very charming and we loved it there. I thank them for making our trip one never to forget. Enjoy yours, and say hi from me :)
greetings, Erika alias Aicha.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
DarTiflet, Gérant at Riad Dar Tiflet, responded to this review, 2 July 2011
Hello Erikaïcha! Thank you for your lovely review, we miss you the 4BelgianGirls, but now we care about a very nice american couple, I travel with them through Atlas tomorrow, and go to Télouet again, hope your Fiancé Rachid will be there to give him some news from Erika-Aïcha! Have a great summertime in Northern Europe..