“Fine French cuisine in Gueliz”
Review of Brasserie de Flore

Brasserie de Flore
Ranked #391 of 862 Restaurants in Marrakech
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
marrakech
“Fine French cuisine in Gueliz”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I had dinner with friends here recently and was impressed with both the menu and service offered. It is totally French so a pleasant change from Moroccan fare and though it is a huge space and wasn't busy the night we visited it didn't feel like we were sitting in a barn! The decor reflects a brasserie in Paris and the extensive but not overpowering menu has something for everyone. My crispy confit duck was delicious. The desserts are rich and satisfying and the wine list expensive but no more so than any equivalent place in Marrakecvh. Definately worth a visit for a change of scene if you re out in the new town.

• Visited June 2014

Marrakech, Morocco
“Real French Cusine”
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

I was very much surprised by the food, the service, and the ambience. We had lunch with friends on a sunday, perfect service and delicious food. The deserts are amazing, had creppes suzette, mousse ou chocolade, and rum baba. The waiter put the entire bottle of rum on the table to soak up the rum baba.

Visited January 2014
“Repeat Business”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I found this wonderful Brasserie whilst out and about on my own. Having enjoyed a lunch and a few draught beers I couldn't wait to inform my wife and traveling friends. All four of us returned to experience some truly fine French cuisine on the following lunchtime. All agreeing with me that this was the 'find' of our weeks holiday, the professional service was so impressive that, we decided to return for our final dinner the following evening. The owner and staff are very attentive. The menu full of my favourite meals, the Moroccan pink wine, stunning for the price. I had four pancakes in my Crepes Suzette and enjoyed every mouthful!
The only one criticism I can offer is the sad fact that the owner is an Arsenal supporter.

• Visited November 2013
Casablanca, Morocco
“Beautiful Special Restaurant”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

This Brasserie was perfect for our first night in Marrakech - the food and service were both great. The owner came over and spoke with us, gave us some wine and food recommendations and was an absolute sweetheart. I thoroughly enjoyed my food and the millefeuille for desert was like a taste of heaven! Definitely recommend

Visited May 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Authentic, French and Friendly”
Reviewed 26 March 2013

After asking each evening "what is for tagine tonight?" there comes a time when staying in Morocco that a change is most welcome. What better than to dip into the region's French heritage? The Brasserie de Flore, in the modern part of town, is owned and managed by Daniel Franceschi who sold his bar in Val d'Isere to set up in Marrakesh. His menu and food is first class. Imagine our surprise to find real andouillette in a Muslim country? The food was great, the service friendly and accommodating. Daniel personally came to our table to say hello, and when he found out we are from Liverpool, chatted enthusiastically about Everton and Arsenal (his team)!
The price was very reasonable for the superb quality.
It should be noted that although most diners prefer to sit outside, local laws only allow alcohol to be drunk indoors. My only disappointment was the understandably limited wine list with several choices unavailable on the night. However, let's not be picky! We had a truly great night and would love to return next time we are in Marrakesh.

• Visited February 2013