“Toubkal & Ouanoukrim trek”

Toubkal Guide Day Tours
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: If you´re outdoorsy, go for a hike in a national park at the feet of the Atlas Mountains. Waterfalls and other natural beauty are in good supply. The tour provides good information on the park. The guides allow you to choose the difficulty of your hike, including factors such as altitude climbed and the specific types of sights that you would like to see. In any case, you can expect to be brought to many beautiful vantage points. Come with hiking gear.
London, United Kingdom
“Toubkal & Ouanoukrim trek”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

A friend and I wanted to climb Toubkal and Ouanoukrim in a 4 day trek, so we booked online with Jamal. He always was very responsive and was very clear and informative.

When we got there we were introduced to our guide, Mohammed, who was a real character. He smoked a cigarette as he told us that finished 4th at the Toubkal trail race last year, which is a 100km+ ultra marathon race from Imlil to the top of Toubkal and back. He also nonchalantly mentioned that he stopped smoking a week before the race so he would be in shape. We don't consider ourselves unfit (we had both done marathons before) but we were clearly no match for Mohammed.

The trek itself was amazing, helped by good weather. We met lots of people and had a lot of fun. Mohammed and our cook took good care of us too. All that for a very decent, honest price, which sometimes I find a rarity in Morocco. I would totally recommend these guys to anyone thinking of climbing Toubkal.

Visited November 2013

London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Imperial City Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Great service throughout, quick reply to emails, picked up at airport and very well looked after throughout. Excellent city guides, without them we would only have scratched the surface. Our driver and guide Khalid were great and incredibly knowledgeable. Check the weather, we should have taken more warm clothes and just be prepared that this specific tour is a fair amount on driving involved, but necessary if you want to see these imperial cities in a week. 10/10 all round

Visited December 2013
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Toubkal Ascent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

From start to finish this trip was outstanding - not only value for money but the experience and hospitality shown by Jamal and all his team was second to none. I've done several trekking expeditions and to date haven't been treated better by anyone. One of our party got sick early on and Jamal made sure he was taken care of and not once left alone. Mohammed, our guide, was excellent - informative and experienced if perhaps a little too fast for some of us! We enjoyed this experience so much I plan to take my daughter back there in 2014 so she too can experience Morroccan culture and true Berber hospitality - thank you Jamal

Visited November 2013
Oslo, Norway
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

We chose this company because it offered the best price compared to many others. And we are very satisfied with their services. They adjusted the trip just like we wanted and everything went smooth.
Anbefales!

Visited October 2013
Eugene, Oregon
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“An Adventure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

I arrived in Marrakech just fine. However my checked bag decided to spend the night in Amsterdam. I had booked a nine tour with Toubkalguide starting with a trek up Mt. Toubkal the morning after my arrival. When the airline people said my bag would arrive in Marrakech the next afternoon (after I started my trek) I told myself: “like Bilbo Baggins in The Hobbit, you are on an adventure. Adventures involve both good and bad things!” Fortunately I had reconsidered while packing and put my hiking boots in my carry on (having almost experienced this in Ecuador last year) so I had boots, pants, socks, underwear and some outerwear. However, I did not have the sleeping bag I had so carefully chosen and packed. No matter. Jamal took care of everything. When my friend and I arrived at the Refuge at base camp (10,500 feet) our tent was set up and I had a wonderful fluffy warm sleeping bag. I bought a hat on the trail. My friend decided not to try the ascent so I borrowed another coat and gloves from her. It was glorious to reach the summit! But this review is about Toubkalguide. Not only did they help me with gear I lacked, when I got to the guesthouse in Imlil (after three days in the same clothes) my checked bag was there! Jamal made the effort to get the bag for me at the airport and have it transported to the village so it was there when I returned from the trek. I felt like it was Christmas! (I also learned it is amazing what you can do without while traveling). From Imlil we headed to the Sahara. Our tour was a grand number of two: me and my friend. We had our own (nice) car, driver and guide. Hicham was our guide up and down Mt. Toubkal and to the Sahara and back. He did a fantastic job and was very helpful on everything from where to find an ATM to local customs to geographical and social history. He (and our driver Mohammed) hung out with us and we all laughed a lot. We felt more like favored aunts than clients. After the rustic accommodations at the Refuge (co-ed bathroom with two showers and Turkish toilets) I was thrilled by the rooms and amenities we had at hotels along the way. In the Sahara I expected to sleep on a tent floor with a blanket but we had a sectioned area with pallets and little pillows and the toilets were western style stalls built on a platform with lights that came on when you opened the door. Wow. This trip was an amazing value and a great adventure. I highly recommend Toubkalguide for a day tour or a nine day tour like we did. Just be sure to put your hiking boots in your carry on. And remember, attitude is everything!

Visited October 2013