“Toubkal trek plus desert excursion” 5 of 5 bubbles

Toubkal Guide Day Tours
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: If you´re outdoorsy, go for a hike in a national park at the feet of the Atlas Mountains. Waterfalls and other natural beauty are in good supply. The tour provides good information on the park. The guides allow you to choose the difficulty of your hike, including factors such as altitude climbed and the specific types of sights that you would like to see. In any case, you can expect to be brought to many beautiful vantage points. Come with hiking gear.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Toubkal trek plus desert excursion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We booked a private tour (2 persons plus guide) that combined a two day trek from Imlil to Jebel Toubkal, and a 3 day/2night desert excursion stopping in Dades gorge (1 night) and desert Berber camp (1night). Quite an amazing experience for both tours. Definitely recommend our guide, Mohamed Amzil, he was simply fantastic. He was extremely patient and always happy and flexible. He went far out of his way to make sure our trip was the best it could possibly be. He speaks nearly flawless English and is simply fun to chat with and learn about morocco. Definitely one of the best experiences my wife and I have had traveling.

Visited June 2014

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“May 2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Booked this trip on line. We had a wonderful day out. Our guide picked up us promptly and we had a smooth drive up into the mountains. I could not walk far as awaiting knee surgery but I was extremely well looked after. When I wanted to go further but could not 2 mules were arranged for myself and friend to ride on , which was another unforgettable experience. We were just sorry we had not arranged for an overnight stay. We would have liked to stay longer. Everyone we met was friendly and we had a superb lunch served on a terrace with breath taking views. Thank you to everyone. We would certainly recommend the services of this company.

1 Thank Lynn G
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“4 Day Toubkal Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

One of the best experience I have had when out trekking in the mountains.
Across the 4 days (of which 3 were to Toubkal and back) we had a fantastic time.
The scenery was outstanding and the guide the same - he could not do enough to make our experience enjoyable.
Staying in a Riad at the start and end of the trip made a fabulous time even better.
This was our first time to Morocco and certainly wont be the last.
Jamal is the perfect host and his organisation was perfect.

Without reservation I would highly recommend

West Sussex
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Perfect trek culminating in classic ascent of Toubkal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I approached Jamal via e-mail to arrange a bespoke trek based on an itenary I put together to maximise the limited 5 days we had available. Because it was doubtful the passes would be clear, Jamal proposed an (equally acceptable) alternative but as it happened when we arrived my original plan was viable (first time this year). I was visiting with another keen mountain walker and we had asked for something a little more challenging. We were introduced to our guide, Mohammed, who not only looked and acted the part of a true Berber mountain man, but spoke fluent English too! and not to forget our mule and muleteer / cook, Abdul.

Our route took us over high passes, through old Berber villages, and ended each night with a camp. Food was abundant (too much for lunch really as we are light eaters) and very tasty, served up in a variety of places complete with mint tea served from teapot on a silver tray!

We finally climbed Jebel Toubkal in a concerted push from Lake Ifni, by then having acclimatised well to the altitude. At all times Mohammed had our safety and well-being in mind - these mountains are not to be taken lightly as much of the terrain is very steep on loose scree, and once away from mule trails you are very much alone. On the last day Mohammed took me up another nearby mountain called Jebel Ouanoukrim (4088m) which involved some nice grade 1 scrambling with lovely views back over Jebel Toubkal.

I cannot recommend this company more highly - from start to finish everything was well organised and the people courteous and friendly. The guesthouse (Imlil Lodge) is also very nice, albeit a 20 minute walk from the town up a steep road! Additionally, the whole trip was exceedingly good value for money.

We plan to return in the winter for more ascents.

Geneva, Switzerland
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Toubkal ascent - 2 days with Hassan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We did the 2 day trek and loved it. It was a really challenging hike (especially with the fierce winds at the top!) but Hassan was a great guide. He stopped whenever we needed to stop, kept up a great pace, and he was really helpful when I was struggling to stay on my feet during the descent (lots of loose rocks). We slept in a tent at the Refuge in sleeping bags that we rented from Jamal - they were very warm and worked out just fine for us. Food throughout the trek was very good. We opted to stay at the Imlil Lodge a night before and a night after the trek, and I thought that was a good choice for us, as we were never in a hurry and felt very relaxed. The only thing is that after the descent, you have to walk back to the Lodge, so it is still about an hour of walking through hilly villages after you've come down the mountain! A bit draining mentally, but the whole thing was really a great experience!