I recently stayed for 7 nights on business. I could write a book about my stay there, but I will try to limit my review to the most relevant points.
In general terms I would say that this is a lovely property. The room are large with most of the essentials you expect from a 4-5* hotel. Apart from a somehow weirdly designed shower - basically an open walk-in solution, which caused water to flood the rest of the bathroom - I have no complaints with the room. I was very comfortable (the bed was very comfortable!).
The location is a slight downside, unless you're into golf or just hanging by the pool, the 20 minute overpriced drive to the centre of Marrakech becomes quite tedious. The food at the hotel is no more than mediocre (I'll return to this point) and if you want to eat properly, you'll have no choice but to negotiate the expensive cab fare to the centre of town (the cab prices are fixed "cartel style").
However, what is letting this hotel down is the erratic service of the staff and some really bizarre tweaks that can get on your nerves. Here's a few of the set backs I faced during my stay:
- The attitude of the reception staff vary from really friendly to outright rude. I was basically shouted out when I tried to point out a problem with the TV ("we're working on it, BE PATIENT!").
- Upon booking a table at a downtown restaurant, the young lady in the reception confirmed that the booking was made. Arriving at the restaurant, there was no trace of the reservation. In fact the place wasn't even open during the time slot that the receptionist was supposed to have called the restaurant.
- I asked the reception staff on three days running if they could fix my minibar that wasn't working (it was stocked but with room temperature). Nobody even bothered looking at the minibar. After three days I gave up and stored my drinks on the table on the balcony (it gets chilly at night).
- There's some kind of a jazz theme being played (quite loud) in all communal areas (restaurant, bar, reception) for 14-16 hours a day. The tunes (4-5 of them maximum) are played on a loop, and after 2-3 days it drives you absolutely crazy. I'm sure the staff have got used to this by now, but this is a nightmare for guests.
- The food in the restaurant leaves a lot to be desired. After using the trial/error method, I ended up reluctantly eating pasta (bolognese or salmone, both ok) every day. Stay clear of the steak (extremely tasteless and small) or the club sandwich (served cold!).
I would like to point out that the cleaning staff was always very polite and friendly, they always left my room in an immaculate state.
All considered, I would try a different hotel if I were to go back to Marrakech.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Easy Market Spa, Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Fastbooking, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Du Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.