“a nice (and a new) hotel in la palmeraie” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Du Golf

Hotel Du Golf
Ranked #94 of 508 Hotels in Marrakech
Casablanca, Morocco
“a nice (and a new) hotel in la palmeraie”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

Next to Palmeraie Golf Palace, this is a brand new hotel...Very different from Golf Palace, because very modern in term of furniture and colors...The rooms are confortable, large and the colors (green mostly) lovely...One thing that i didn't like is that the curtains are thin, so you end up with day light in the room, which is pretty bad for someone that is bothered by day light in his sleeping...The break fast was good, and the staff helpful. If you want to stay in the Palmeraie area this hotel is a good choice.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Karim S, General Manager at Hotel Du Golf, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Dear Karimel74,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your stay in Marrakech and leaving a comment.

We were truly happy to see that you enjoyed our property for its design, service and overall comfort.

The issue for the curtain blinds has been duly noted and we will be adressed quickly as our rooms have full blinds capability that should not allow any day light in the room.

We sincerely hope to see you again.

Best regards,

Karim Sentici

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

I recently stayed for 7 nights on business. I could write a book about my stay there, but I will try to limit my review to the most relevant points.

In general terms I would say that this is a lovely property. The room are large with most of the essentials you expect from a 4-5* hotel. Apart from a somehow weirdly designed shower - basically an open walk-in solution, which caused water to flood the rest of the bathroom - I have no complaints with the room. I was very comfortable (the bed was very comfortable!).

The location is a slight downside, unless you're into golf or just hanging by the pool, the 20 minute overpriced drive to the centre of Marrakech becomes quite tedious. The food at the hotel is no more than mediocre (I'll return to this point) and if you want to eat properly, you'll have no choice but to negotiate the expensive cab fare to the centre of town (the cab prices are fixed "cartel style").

However, what is letting this hotel down is the erratic service of the staff and some really bizarre tweaks that can get on your nerves. Here's a few of the set backs I faced during my stay:

- The attitude of the reception staff vary from really friendly to outright rude. I was basically shouted out when I tried to point out a problem with the TV ("we're working on it, BE PATIENT!").

- Upon booking a table at a downtown restaurant, the young lady in the reception confirmed that the booking was made. Arriving at the restaurant, there was no trace of the reservation. In fact the place wasn't even open during the time slot that the receptionist was supposed to have called the restaurant.

- I asked the reception staff on three days running if they could fix my minibar that wasn't working (it was stocked but with room temperature). Nobody even bothered looking at the minibar. After three days I gave up and stored my drinks on the table on the balcony (it gets chilly at night).

- There's some kind of a jazz theme being played (quite loud) in all communal areas (restaurant, bar, reception) for 14-16 hours a day. The tunes (4-5 of them maximum) are played on a loop, and after 2-3 days it drives you absolutely crazy. I'm sure the staff have got used to this by now, but this is a nightmare for guests.

- The food in the restaurant leaves a lot to be desired. After using the trial/error method, I ended up reluctantly eating pasta (bolognese or salmone, both ok) every day. Stay clear of the steak (extremely tasteless and small) or the club sandwich (served cold!).

I would like to point out that the cleaning staff was always very polite and friendly, they always left my room in an immaculate state.

All considered, I would try a different hotel if I were to go back to Marrakech.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank enixmatix
Dear Enixmatix,

First of all, we would like to thank you to take the time to leave a comment about your hotel experience.

We have gladly noted that you enjoyed the location, the property in itself and our large comfortable rooms.

We were also truly disappointed that your experience was anything less than 100% and take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Being a newly opened property, you should know that we are taking energetic measures to correct all the issues in communication, attitude, quality in general and technical aspects.

We would love to listen to your comments and review any concern so please feel free to contact us if you wish to do so (GM contact Number +212 6 60 11 30 10).

Thank you once again for bringing these points to our attention as they will definitely help us improve our customer service in the future.

Best regards,