“Beautiful, modern and clean in a quiet location!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Du Golf

Hotel Du Golf
Ranked #93 of 508 Hotels in Marrakech
Dallas, Texas
“Beautiful, modern and clean in a quiet location!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

The hotel is located about twenty five minutes from the airport. It cost us 250 MAD to get to hotel form airport- taxi driver wanted to charge us 350 MAD. When we pulled up to the front of the hotel someone quickly opened the car door and took our bags inside. We were given registration forms to fill out along with a number that was given to us when we cleared immigration ( was wondering what that # was for when stamped in passport). Anway, after we checked in a bellman escorted us to our room explained everything to us. I was surprised at how modern,beautiful and clean the room was...with a balcony overlooking the pool.
Staff was very attentive, tried their best to assist us with the little english they spoke- because I sure dont know a word in french or arabic :). This is a great hotel for Golfers because there is nothing else to do around the hotel. The hotel does offer free shuttle to Jemma el fna square every hour where all the excitement is, shopping, restaurant, market, snake charmers etc. Overall, a great hotel would stay there again only downside I felt bored, had to constantly commute to where the action was which was 15 minutes away- so if you are looking for much needed relaxation this is the place for you, plus the bed is unbelieavably comfortable.

• Stayed January 2012
4 Thank travelex2
Karim S, General Manager at Hotel Du Golf, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Dear Travelex2,

We really appreciated that you took the time to leave your comment, thank you !

The hotel is ideally located and is definitely ideal for relaxing after the frenzy of the Jemaa El Fna Place.

We woul like to take this opportunity to inform you that the Palmeraie Resort has quite a few activities (apart from Golf) like a state-of-the-art Fitness, a 5.000 sq meters Spa, Quad and Buggy rental along with a Kids and Buzz Club for children.
We will be opening as well a new Brazilian restaurant to complete our Food & Beverage offer of no less than 10 outlets.

We sincerely hope to see you again real soon in Marrakech.

Karim Sentici

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

Normally I had another hotel in mind but when I checked some chains I noticed there was a new Holiday Inn hotel in Marrakech, the first one in Morocco. It is also one of the only 5 star Holiday Inn hotels in the entire world. I booked the best non-suite room with breakfast around 15 days in advance on their website. There were not many reviews but I did not have many expectations because the price was lower than others in Marrakech.

We arrived by train from Casablanca and at the right side of the new build train station we took a taxi. The fare quoted was 120 MAD to the Holiday Inn. The taxi ride was about 25 minutes but the driver did not know the hotel in the beginning but when we told Hotel Du Golf he knew where he should drive.

We arrived at the new hotel and got out of the taxi. Immediately someone came to take our luggage and we were brought inside. On the right side was the reception and we headed to the only lady not occupied. She did not have a name tag but here name was Ms. Safia. We gave our Platinum Priority club card and she said we could have a seat while she checked us in.

A few minutes later we received a juicy welcome drink and 3 papers to fill in with all our details regarding our passport, occupation, addresses, …. The only one missing is : How much do you earn. Instead of making a simple copy of our passports and copying our addresses from our priority club account, we had to fill it in.

After 15 minutes waiting already, Ms. Safia came to us and asked if we had a reservation because she could not find it in her system. We told her clearly we had a reservation and I gave her my confirmation page. She made some phone calls and after another 10 minutes she came back and told us she couldn’t find it but we got our booked room. Unfortunately she did not know the platinum status ,nor the benefits. She asked my platinum card even though she had it in her possession for 30 minutes. Then I had to explain her the benefits of the status but when she called her Room Division manager we got an upgrade to a Junior Suite, room 6155.

Ms. Rim, a Guest relation executive brought us to our room. She had some difficulties explaining everything in English but luckily we speak French too. She was still quite young and explained us some essentials like breakfast hours, internet and facilities. Strange thing is that she gave me other hours of breakfast than Ms. Safia told us. Our room was on the same floor as the lobby and almost at the end of the long corridor. Our Junior Suite had a big entrance with many closets and a special Laptop safe inside one of them. Then on the left side was the bedroom itself with a big King size bed with a sofa on the right side. There was also a brand new TV, nice and modern IP phone and a cupboard with the mini bar in it. The room had a fresh looking wooden floor and further left in the room was the bathroom. There was a bath and a sink. The only problem for us was that the left window in the bathroom overlooked our small terrace and without any separation we could look in the bathroom from outside. There was no curtain at all. The same problem at the right side of the bathroom.

On the right side in the room were the toilet and a separate sink. There we had that problem too. When I was making a picture of the toilet I could see my neighbor one level higher just watching me standing next to the toilet. There was no curtain whatsoever.

The television was not working and some minutes later they brought us a welcome basket of fruit along with some other small snacks. Unfortunately no drinks whatsoever not even a small bottle of water. We were also missing a kettle for making some tea. The room was very modern and quite new. Unfortunately when I was in the shower in the bath, the room above my flushed the toilet or flushed the bath. There were liters of water leaking into our bath. Water along with pieces of the roof was falling on me. The towels were gray, the same for my bathrobes.

I went downstairs and told the reception about this but they could not understand my problem so I had to ask the duty manager. The Room division manager Mr. Karim listened to me and immediately called and arranged another room. He apologized for it and gave us new keys for another Suite but this time with a bigger terrace. We got room 6165, this one was the last room in the corridor. They offered us to move our luggage but as it was just a few rooms away we did it our self but they send someone for moving the extra bed.

Ms. Rim took us to that room and showed it to me. The room had no big entrance but also some closets at the right side with fresh flowers on it. On the left side was a non-windowed bathroom with a big modern bath and a separate rain shower. Further behind another door was a toilet. The bathroom was big and modern. It was very nice and had full privacy like it should be.

The bedroom had a big King size bed, a desk and again a TV. Unfortunately we could not find the remote so we called the reception for it. The right side of the room had a sofa chair, sofa and the extra bed. Our big terrace surrounded our entire room and we had a nice view on the golf and also on the rest of the hotel.

I went to the concierge desk on the right side of the entrance because of the sign information. There was no one so I asked someone. Ms. Rim came to me. I asked for a map and the major sights but disappointingly she did not explain anything at all. I had to ask for the directions of the city center and she told me for the first time the existence of a shuttle bus. She told me that from the next doors hotel departs a shuttle bus and it stops also at our hotel but when it was full it did not stop at our hotel. She told me so it was better to go to the other hotel because last days it did not stop here. She wrote me down some hours but she could not give me further details. Instead of calling the other hotel I had to go myself there by foot. I followed some sign and passed a winter village with ice skating facilities till I came in an older style lobby. The unfriendly chief concierge gave me more info but gave totally different hours than Ms. Rim gave me.

I went back to the Holiday Inn and confronted her which one were right. She asked some bellman and he told me hers were wrong. She tried to take her written hours from me but I wanted to keep them.

With not very much info I went back to my room. About restaurants she could also not give much info. We could use the restaurant from the other hotel because the Holiday Inn offers limited dinner options.

We ate during our stay 3 times in the Italian Signor Santi restaurant because for us, it was the best option and best value of them all. Service was fluctuation but food overall good.

Next morning we had breakfast in the main restaurant. Two ladies did not greet us but asked us for our room number and that’s it. None of them lead us to a table so we picked one that was ready ourselves. A friendly man asked for our room number again and asked if we would like to drink something. I could just not figure out what the functions of the two ladies were. They were not doing anything, just standing there and talking to each other.

The buffet itself was quite limited without toaster or toast bread and juices that were empty all the times. There was one kind of bread, a sliced baguette and some smaller breads. I asked to one of the two ladies if they had normal toast bread or other kind of bread but before they could answer me, a man in suit, Mr. Souhaide interrupt and took over from them. He could not answer my question but was laughing with it instead. I left with a strange feeling of staff here at the hotel.

Ten minutes later he came back to me and showed me some different kind of bread, still hot for us. He promised me that next day I would have the toasted bread slices. Service was good and buffet was limited. There was cheese, ham, salami, fruits, pastries and juices. When three people entered the restaurant service became more efficient and quicker. It was the General Manager, Mr. Karim, the Guest relation Manager, Ms. Nora and the Food and Beverage manager, Mr. Dominique. Mr. Dominique and Ms. Nora had to assist staff members and had to clean empty bottles of juice from the buffet.

At 11.30 we took the shuttle bus from the next-door hotel. There were 30 people or more waiting for a 14 seated van. It was a disaster but we managed to get on it. The shuttle bus took us in 30-40 minutes to the Fna Square.

In the evening I took the shuttle bus back to the hotel and when I was at the reception I needed to ask some train info. Because everyone was busy, a very friendly Ms. Nora came to me and asked if he could help me with something. I explained her I wanted to book train tickets because on our previous journey second class was more a disaster. She called for me the ONCF multiple times and she even offered me something to drink while she was trying to get someone on the line. After 20 minutes she finally got somebody and because she could not book them she offered me that she would book them at the train station herself. She offered that because she lives close to the station and because she cares about her guests and because she has a good heart.

I passed her some comment regarding my stay that evening and hoping she would pass it by to others.

Next morning breakfast was already better, service good as usual but off course not my promised bread. Juices were unfortunately mixed with each other which was not tasty at all. There were more choices but only the oranges were not tasty and dried out. Again some managers had to help the staff with the buffet.

That morning Ms. Nora informed me the hotel has its own shuttle bus because too many guests had to wait or had no place in the bus. It had the same hours so it was much easier for us. The white van left the hotel a bit too late and dropped us off at Fna Place. In the evening we planned to take it back at 17.30. At 17.25 we were at the spot and clearly could not see the van. Then the other van came but the driver rudely refused us and would not give his name to me. I so called at 17:45 the front desk number mentioned on my reservation. Instead of the front desk I was actually calling the general manager on his cellphone. He told me the 17.30 bus was cancelled and it was mentioned to everyone in the hotel. I was quite surprised because it was not mentioned to us. He told us to just wait for the next bus, one hour later.

At 18.25 the bus arrived and drove towards the hotel, 5 minutes early. My watch and phone are both set right so he was driving to early. Furthermore the driver told me he was at Fna Square at 17.30 and picked up some people. The manager told me it was cancelled.

I told this again to Ms. Nora, she had to hear all my problems every day, I hope when I come back I can say every positive thing to her.

I called around 22:00 the reception for a wake up call at 08:00.

Next morning no wake up call whatsoever.

Breakfast was excellent. Service excellent and an extensive choice for breakfast, more fruit, more juices and even bottled water. The two ladies were replaces by one lady who asks for a room number and lead guests to a table. The best breakfast till now in Marrakech.

We got a call from Ms. Nora apologizing for the wake up call. She asked if we needed a taxi and five minutes before it she sent a bellman for our luggage. We checked out and then the General Manager came to us and I told him some comments for the future and about the problems in our rooms. He took note of them all and assured us they will be fixed in the future.

We thought a staff member would tell our destination but instead of going to the train station the taxi took us to the airport. The porter told him we wanted to go to the airport. Luckily we managed to get on time at the train station.

Thanks to Ms. Nora our stay was very good despite some problems. The hotel has much potential and I do not doubt it will be one of the better in Marrakech. They offer a big golf course, new modern rooms and free internet too.

Owh yes, we got a welcome letter on our day of departure

I will definitely return in the future to this hotel and I am sure it will be much better !

Room Tip: Suites are nice and have big terraces
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Max W
Dear Liveyourlifegood,

Let me first of all thank you for taking the time to discuss these points with me firsthand at the hotel and through your comment.

We are really happy that you enjoyed the facilities, especially the suites and our Italian restaurant Signor Santi.
Although you experienced some issues in the hotel, our Guest Relations Manager Nora has been able to be of some help, which is really a good thing.

We would like to apologize sincerely for the mishappenings in our newly opened property and be assured that we are taking all the necessary actions to correct them.

We have been working on communication, buffet composition and technical aspects to ensure a comfortable stay to our guests.

With regards to Holidex, please note that we are not yet connected, which explains why your reservation & information was not readily available at the time of check-in.

Thank you again for bringing these elements to our intention, it will help us get better.

Hoping to having the pleasure of welcoming you again in Marrakech, we remain,

Yours sincerely,

Casablanca, Morocco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

Next to Palmeraie Golf Palace, this is a brand new hotel...Very different from Golf Palace, because very modern in term of furniture and colors...The rooms are confortable, large and the colors (green mostly) lovely...One thing that i didn't like is that the curtains are thin, so you end up with day light in the room, which is pretty bad for someone that is bothered by day light in his sleeping...The break fast was good, and the staff helpful. If you want to stay in the Palmeraie area this hotel is a good choice.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Dear Karimel74,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your stay in Marrakech and leaving a comment.

We were truly happy to see that you enjoyed our property for its design, service and overall comfort.

The issue for the curtain blinds has been duly noted and we will be adressed quickly as our rooms have full blinds capability that should not allow any day light in the room.

We sincerely hope to see you again.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

I recently stayed for 7 nights on business. I could write a book about my stay there, but I will try to limit my review to the most relevant points.

In general terms I would say that this is a lovely property. The room are large with most of the essentials you expect from a 4-5* hotel. Apart from a somehow weirdly designed shower - basically an open walk-in solution, which caused water to flood the rest of the bathroom - I have no complaints with the room. I was very comfortable (the bed was very comfortable!).

The location is a slight downside, unless you're into golf or just hanging by the pool, the 20 minute overpriced drive to the centre of Marrakech becomes quite tedious. The food at the hotel is no more than mediocre (I'll return to this point) and if you want to eat properly, you'll have no choice but to negotiate the expensive cab fare to the centre of town (the cab prices are fixed "cartel style").

However, what is letting this hotel down is the erratic service of the staff and some really bizarre tweaks that can get on your nerves. Here's a few of the set backs I faced during my stay:

- The attitude of the reception staff vary from really friendly to outright rude. I was basically shouted out when I tried to point out a problem with the TV ("we're working on it, BE PATIENT!").

- Upon booking a table at a downtown restaurant, the young lady in the reception confirmed that the booking was made. Arriving at the restaurant, there was no trace of the reservation. In fact the place wasn't even open during the time slot that the receptionist was supposed to have called the restaurant.

- I asked the reception staff on three days running if they could fix my minibar that wasn't working (it was stocked but with room temperature). Nobody even bothered looking at the minibar. After three days I gave up and stored my drinks on the table on the balcony (it gets chilly at night).

- There's some kind of a jazz theme being played (quite loud) in all communal areas (restaurant, bar, reception) for 14-16 hours a day. The tunes (4-5 of them maximum) are played on a loop, and after 2-3 days it drives you absolutely crazy. I'm sure the staff have got used to this by now, but this is a nightmare for guests.

- The food in the restaurant leaves a lot to be desired. After using the trial/error method, I ended up reluctantly eating pasta (bolognese or salmone, both ok) every day. Stay clear of the steak (extremely tasteless and small) or the club sandwich (served cold!).

I would like to point out that the cleaning staff was always very polite and friendly, they always left my room in an immaculate state.

All considered, I would try a different hotel if I were to go back to Marrakech.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank enixmatix
Dear Enixmatix,

First of all, we would like to thank you to take the time to leave a comment about your hotel experience.

We have gladly noted that you enjoyed the location, the property in itself and our large comfortable rooms.

We were also truly disappointed that your experience was anything less than 100% and take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Being a newly opened property, you should know that we are taking energetic measures to correct all the issues in communication, attitude, quality in general and technical aspects.

We would love to listen to your comments and review any concern so please feel free to contact us if you wish to do so (GM contact Number +212 6 60 11 30 10).

Thank you once again for bringing these points to our attention as they will definitely help us improve our customer service in the future.