“A fantastic - value for money holiday!”

LABRANDA Aqua Fun Club
Ranked #141 of 494 Hotels in Marrakech
Holyhead, United Kingdom
“A fantastic - value for money holiday!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

Stayed at the Aqua Fun Club from 20/7/11 - 3/8/11. This was during the time where people were suffering with D & V. We were a family of 18yr old son, 15 yr old daughter, me and hubby. During the 2nd week out daughter had sickness and diarrohea for 24hrs, I managed to curb my diarrohea with Immodium which I had taken in plentiful supplies. I believe the bug was caused by using tap water to wash our teeth and ice in the drinks. Fair play to the hotel, they did use anti-bacterial gel outside the restaurants during this time and changed supplies of water from the water fountains back to bottles in fridges - always a plentiful supply during our stay. The food was fantastic - especially the Asiatique and Tagine restaurants - excellent choice and plenty of it. The service in the restaurants was excellent too. Consider that the cost of staying here was approx £45 per day including full access daily to the waterpark, which would set you back at least 20Euros per person in other countries - a bargain!!

We went out there with an open mind and decided we could put up with anything as long as we had air-con and hot water. On 2 occasions when showering to go out, there was no water at all - but 20 minutes later it came back on!! Hey this is North Africa after all. 5 star in Morocco is not like 5 star back home and we truly believe we had a fantastically cheap holiday.

We all enjoyed the water park - which was not without it's faults. The music could be rather loud. The entertainment team- Hassan, Sarah and Simon work damn hard to keep guests amused and entertained with very little resources.

Some people were determined to look for the faults and were constantly moaning around the pool - I do genuinely feel sorry families who were affected by sickness but the hotel in my eyes were doing its best to try and overcome these problems. They were constantly cleaning, gardening and most of the staff were very nice indeed!

The shuttle bus to Marrakech which we used on 2 occasions was on time and not overbooked. We enjoyed an evening to the Square in Marrakech by booking a taxi from the hotel and return pickup at 10.30p.m. Again no problems!

Consider what you have paid and overlook the smll problems they are having with the running of the hotel - we did and had a fabulous holiday - a bargain!!

Room Tip: We were in 4235 and 4236 - ok hairdryer didnt work but had my own - good firm beds.
9 Thank Welshbeauty19

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

My wife and I were there 26th july to 2nd August. Yes there seemed to be a bug around- BUT we didn't get it.The food was excellent - great choice, sweets too good.Plenty to drink including as much bottled water as you wanted.The staff were very friendly and very efficient.We watched the pools geting cleaned every night and early morning.
Would we go back ?- no - but only because it was very very hot.

10 Thank smiffy60
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

Hi,

Just returned from the hotel yesterday and i have to put a comment up because the staff are working so hard and the hotel is actually great. My family arriveds after the outburst of sickness (which if you go out of the hotel you can see why, the market that tourists love to visit is dirty and just throwing illnesses everywhere) and we were all fine. The food is great, nice choice and i loved the pools. The disco only opened on Sunday but its ok, its underneath the reception area and children are allowed in for a while. I didnt stay too late but i did hear someone say its open quite late. My children loved the waterpark, ther are railings around the steps to the slides and i personally felt they were safe there. The features in the pool are really good too. Bar choice is great, and the rooms are very big and of a great standard. There was 3 of us in my room and it was massive with 2 double beds.

I really cant understand how some people are complaining, if you want the Ritz or Four Seasons then pay those prices. I paid a great deal for a 5* Family Holiday and thats what i got. I will definitely be returning.

Thumbs up from the Vickers Family AFC

10 Thank SuperGirl1976
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

We stayed here from the 27th of July till the 3rd of August. After reading all these reviews before I left, I did worry about what I would find there. In fact it is nowhere near as bad as many people are making out. There were fridges full of bottled water in the restaurants, with many people taking two each at a time. There was a lot of food, and great choice for most, but as we are vegetarians, we did find that the options lacked a bit. The pools were mostly clean, the only things I found were a couple of crickets, but they were quickly cleaned away. Our room was clean, and yes the shower rain looked like it was going to fall off at any moment, but you can't expect it to be perfect, especially for what we paid. The bed was large and very comfortable. There are places to sit and relax, but if you want a sun bed, do be warned that many people reserve them early in the morning.

The shuttle service was good too, always on time. If your going there soon, my advice would be to go with an open mind. If you do, i'm sure you will have a great time. Oh and when we were there it was 40 degrees, and they say its only going to get warmer.

6 Thank Rups2
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

We arrived late in the night on 6th July. First impressions were good until we got into our rooms which we changed due to building works and noise.
My parents stayed in theirs. On the second night, the hairdrier in my mum's room caught fire, and caused a bit of damage.
Trips to Marrakech were great it's the best city I've visited, but make sure you reserve if you do go, as we were asked to leave the coach one day as we had not reserved seats although we were told earlier in the day we didn't need to. The chucked loads of others off but we refused to get off. This resulted in other guests arguing with us, and the hotel manager taking an extreme dislike to us. We are not a load or argumentative family, but we were not going to to take it lying down. For a couple of days my mum and brother were very ill with food poisoning, but thankfully my young son was fine.
In the aqua park, the loud dance music was unbearable, then they started playing American R&B with very explicit lyrics.There were children everywhere so this was completely inappropriate.
The aqua park had a new pool open while we were there, on the third day it had been open, we stepped into the pool, and it was covered in algae, so we went to another pool.
On our final day, my mum had reserved a shower room. We had to wait an hour for that so we could not use it, or we would have missed the transfer. The manager, Kamal, I think, was so rude to mum and started shouting at her in the middle of reception.
Food was deceiving. It tasted great, but was always cold, even when it came out of the kitchen.
When I returned to England, I had the worst pains in my stomach and was sick constantly for 2 days, went to the hospital and doctors.
Summary - Looks and seems great until you start to realise how badly it was run, and that none of your comments are taken on board at all.
Please be careful what you eat!! Also, the smells from watering the gardens are at times unbearable.

Room Tip: Say you work for a travel review company
1 Thank SallyW81
Pickalbatros, Sales Executive at LABRANDA Aqua Fun Club, responded to this review, 6 August 2011
Dear guest,

The local authorities in charge of hygienic control delivered the Aqua Fun Club an hygiene certificate which stipulates that a health inspection has been done by a delegate of the moroccan Ministry of Health and that the property respects and honors the hygienic standards,

Leicester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

We stayed at the hotel from 24 -31 July, I honestly couldn't wait to be home.
Like everyone else I was prepared judging by the reviews that people had left who had already visited the hotel. At first I thought so many people were over exaggerating but
by no means they were true.
My husband was first to get diarrhoea followed by myself then
my son, I had a constant tummy ache throughout our stay there.
Even though the staff were constantly cleaning their is still a problem why so many people were getting ill.
On our last day there they did get
rid of the water dispenser and put
fridges in the restaurants and bars
stacked with bottled water.
For the money we paid for the
holiday it was honestly not worth it, as we hardly ate the food, the room had loose fixtures and fittings, the
patio door would not lock, it was a big concern for me as we have a 3yr old and 4 mth old.

Overall it wasnt a good holiday,
hopefully it would be much better when the hotel have sorted their issues out.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Raji-1

Norwich
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

I have hesitated writing a review on here because we are currently going through a complaints process and claiming all our money back plus hospital expenses. However reading that there has been an outbreak since, it sounds as if the Hotel are not sorting the problems, therefore hoping another review will help you decide to NOT go here.
Our experiences are very similar to the majority of reviews on here, I wont repeat what other guests have said on their reviews but the bad ones are correct.

We arrived 03rd July, changed rooms twice, second room still had the previous guest PJ’s in. Overall, the rooms we looked at were unsafe, not clean, not new, dangerous and smelt very bad.
The construction work was constant throughout our stay, welders next to water slides, loud drilling and thumping noises. The first two days of our trip we came to realise this was a holiday destination from hell.

On the 3rd night I woke up to excruciating stomach pains, the doctor was called and I was given an injection, 2 hours later my temperature was up and I was rushed to hospital. I was admitted for 48 hours where I had various tests and drugs. The outcome of the tests was a severe stomach infection from food or dirty water, this hospital report has been sent to my travel company. For a 23 year old this was an extremely terrifying and worrying experience. I returned to the hotel and was greeted by the General Manager, I told him I had caught the infection from the hotel, his exact words were ‘well then all the guests would be ill’ the next day the General Manager was off sick.....
I spent the last 2 days of the holiday in the hotel room and by the pool by loud music being played to drown out the construction noises.

The people writing reviews on here and telling you to ignore the bad reviews really should have opened their eyes more.
To be honest they probably drank so much they missed the JCB’s.

3 Thank HotelBeachSea

Best regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marrakech
Eden Andalou Hotel Aquapark & Spa
Aqua Mirage Club
Aqua Mirage Club
#151 of 494 in Marrakech
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,671 reviews

Been to LABRANDA Aqua Fun Club? Share your experiences!