“Great location above the square” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #646 of 830 Restaurants in Marrakech
Price range: US$3 - US$14
Cuisines: Moroccan
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Drinks, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Great location above the square”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We went to this restaurant on our first evening in Marrakech as the sun was setting over the square, and it was in the perfect position to take in the atmosphere. Fairly basic menu but very reasonable price. My boyfriend and I tried the tajines which were nice (lamb better than chicken) but make sure you order something to go with it as portions are small.

Visited June 2014

Columbia, Missouri
“Decent place for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

At one corner of the grand Jemaa el Fna, this is a decent place for a light meal. There is a large, covered portico in front which makes for a pleasant place to watch some of the human drama of the square, though young men hawking all sorts of small goods will be a bit of an annoyance. The pizza I had was OK, though a bit bland … a condition that I remedied with liberal application of a pepper oil set on the table.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank LMOverby
Oxford, United Kingdom
“mediocre pizza”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

I dined here on the recommendation of my rough guide book, however i was disappointed overall. I tried the chicken pastilla, which was actually very good, having not had one before, I was suprised by how sweet it really was, dusted with both icing sugar and cocoa powder, but it was tasty, although very large for a starter. I followed this with pizza which was very mediocre, and I left most of it. As the view is truly spectacular I decided to prolong my visit and enjoy the evening so I stayed for mint tea and the selection of moroccan pastries - again this was large, about 5 or 6 of them, but they were lovely and I tried a bite of each! Service was ok and the price was good, so overall I would say worth it if you get a good terrace table, just avoid the pizza.

• Visited May 2014
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
“Reasonable prices and excellent view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Nothing fancy about this place but the view over the square from the balconies is excellent. The food was straightforward tourist fare but tasted good and was reasonably priced.

• Visited April 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Short Changed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Went to this restaurant last night and for the first time in Morocco we were purposefully short changed by our waiter.
The best thing about this restaurant is the view, otherwise the service is unreliable and rude.