“The best choice to visit Morocco”

Morocco Discovery Holidays
Ranked #59 of 822 Tours in Marrakech
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Morocco Discovery Holidays is a tour company offering tailor-made tours and customized holidays to Morocco. We design your journey to Morocco to explore the hidden treasures and the exotic sights of a fascinating land. You can be sure to experience a blend of traditional and modern that combine comfort and authenticity throughout Morocco's greatest destinations.
Rome, Lazio, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“The best choice to visit Morocco”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My husband and I (40 years each) planned and organized our first trip to Morocco for this summer (2013).
We were interested in a desert tour departing from Marrakech. As many people, we have relied on TripAdvisor reviews to find a tour operator according to our needs.

After writing to multiple agencies, we realized that everyone proposed basically the same route with a few variations on the theme .
Finally we chose Morocco Discovery Agency, we did a 3 day tour departing from Marrakech and arriving to Erg Chebbi Dune passing through Ouarzazate and Dades gorges.
It was really the best choice!!

Our guide was Mustafa and he was much more than a driver or an attendant. It seemed more a person interested in helping us to discover culture, land and beauty of his homeland.
The best guide that can happen, a person who understands what you are interested of and brings you to places and meet people even outside the usual tourist circuit .
And so we visited a kasbah still inhabited and went shopping in a typical Berber market, we understood the meaning of the words of the muezzin and learned how to behave in a hammam.

Given the distances, before leaving I imagined spending hours in car and wondered how we would have spent time. Instead, the hours are flown because Mustafa got ideas from each person, construction or situation to talk about features and beauty of his country.

Our questions did not seem to bother him at all .

Even when we had our specific requests, he made sure to meet them.
His attention to us was perfect.
For example, I like to take pictures and I always had my Canon with me. During the trip I was sitting next to him and it was enough to lift
the camera because he would slow down trying to understand what I was interested in and when it was possible, he placed the car for the best shooting.
Actually, raise the camera was like pressing on the brake ! :)

First night we stayed in a beautiful hotel (Xaluca hotel): luxury room, nice pool and very good food.
The second night we slept in the camp of tents in the desert: nice and with all the comforts (othen than the best tajine we ever eaten)
This was an unforgettable experience

With Mustafa and Morocco Discovery we discovered the true essence of this country and we can not thank them enough .

Visited August 2013
Morocco D, Front Office Manager at Morocco Discovery Holidays, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Romina & Mauo,

Thanks so much for choosing to travel to the desert with our Tour Company.

Thanks too for your comment and recommendations.

All the best regards.

Ottawa, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A memorable trip to Morocco”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We are a family of 4 who traveled to Morocco and had a wonderful time. Mustapha, our guide, was truly fun to be with; he was very experienced, flexible and showed us parts of Morocco not on the "map". The highlight of our trip was our Atlas mountain hike and Berber home stay, where we experienced true Berber hospitality. We booked a custom trip with Morocco Discovery and they were very professional, courteous and responsive, i would highly recommend them to anyone needing a tour company.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank TonyBarb007
Dear Tony & the whole family,

We would like to thank you, first of all, for choosing our Tour company for your Morocco vacation.

Many thanks too for your review and recommendations.

We hope to see you again to arrange for you a nice trip around Morocco.

All the best regards & wishes.

Stuttgart, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing Trip with Morocco Discovery Holidays”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I booked the 2 Days / 1 Night Trip from Marrakech across the High Atlas to Zagora.
Than riding the Camels to the Desert of Zagora spending a night there.

We are a moroccan family of 4 and Our Driver and Guide Musa was so excellent, friendly and competent.
The drive with Musa was very funnily and the atmosphere was adorable.
A big big thank to musa for everything he did for us in these two days!
We spent wonderful time with him.

The Service and professionalism of Morocco Discovery Holidays was very commendable.
Although I am Moroccan and went to Morocco a lot of times, was the Trip with Morocco Discovery Holidays to Zagora the best experience I ever did in Morocco!
I was so happy about my choice to book with Morocco Discovery Holidays.
My parents and my cousin were also so excited about this trip.
I would always recommend this Company and I am looking forward to come again and book annother trip with Morocco Discovery Holidays!!

Visited September 2013
3 Thank DesertRose85
Dear Hanan & the whole family,

Thanks so much for choosing to travel to the desert of Morocco with our Tour company.

Thanks as well for your great review and your recommendations.

We hope to see you again and to arrange for you another trip around the country.

All the best regards & wishes.

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“An amazing tour of Morocco”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I traveled to Morocco with Said as my tour guide of Morocco Discovery and was more than satisfied with our experience. As we were a group of graduate students (7) and teachers (2), we were inquisitive, active, and always asking questions. Said was able to not only give us the experience of Morocco that we were looking for, but field all of our interest in the country, its history, and its people. I would, and do, recommend him to any friends considering a tour of Morocco with Morocco Discovery Holidays.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank twc2115
Morocco D, Front Office Manager at Morocco Discovery Holidays, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
Dear Wade,

Thanks so much for your review and also for your recommendations for our Tour Company.
We hope that you will visit Morocco again.
Best regards & wishes from Morocco Discovery Holidays Team.
Atascadero, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Discovery Tour Morocco”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Recently, my daughter and I took a Gate 1 Discovery Morocco tour. Our tour guide Ibraham was the best. Ibraham was very knowledgeable about his country. He was eager to teach us about the customes and traditions of his Berber culture. We traveled from one end of the country to the other. The hotels we stayed at were all four and five star. The foods of Morocco were delicious and the restaurants chosen by Gate 1 were great. I would absolutely take another tour with Gate 1.

Visited April 2013