“TERRIBLE”

Hammam de la Rose
Ranked #9 of 105 Spas & Wellness in Marrakech
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Immerse yourself in a sensuous Moroccan experience at Hammam de La Rose, a sanctuary of peace and tranquility in the heart of Marrakech, with modern comfort and design. At Hammam de La Rose we believe your health and well-being come first, and we serve to promote this.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage
Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region, Morocco
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“TERRIBLE”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is a terrible place, my experience was awful. The robes they give you are so short when you sit down you have to try to hide your modesty. They are also dirty. Never been to a spa where they didn't give you big fluffy ones.

We booked massages and hammams and normally the hammam comes first, not in this place. Such a stupid idea, all relaxed and then your scrubbed to death.

Finally they thought it was acceptable to bring my DAD in for a hammam where you are hardly wearing with a group of 5 women. When i explained the situation, they looked at me like i was making a fuss.

horrible people, tacky horrible place.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank MsRees2014
lauro m, Gérant at Hammam de la Rose, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
THIS REVIEW IS NOT BELLONGING TO OUR SPA

We are sorry to inform you that this review deosn t concern our spa
We have checked well our planning and we assure you that we didn t get any group of 5 or 6 people neither in July neither in June.
Our spa has a good immage and represent a high quality of servicces. The fact to write that the bathrobe was small is a big lie because we provide all what clients need and we never ever gave a dirty towels or bathrobs to clients because this doesn t reflect our immage.
We have a notice in the dressing room wwhere is written that you can ask for a big bathrobe!!!!!!
We allways ask our clients about the experience they got at our spa in order to make sure if all is fine and to welcome any suggestion . we are wondering why you didn t complain at the desk office.
Thank you anyway.

Bethesda, MD
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“nice experience”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I walked in and scheduled a same-day hammam and massage for the afternoon. This is a good place for a first-timer. The hammam was delightful. Very relaxing. I prefer a deeper-tissue massage than I got. This was more of a rubdown with good-smelling oils. I would go back for the hammam only.

Visited July 2014
lauro m, Responsable réception at Hammam de la Rose, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear client
Many thanks for your nice review regarding our Spa.
we are really so glad that you left with a nice memory of our Spa.
we are sorry to know that you were not satisfied with the Massage. we wish to welcome you again in the near future to have a wonderful and memorable new experience.

best regards from the whole team and thanhs
Adelaide
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“The best hamman experience we had in morrocco !”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My husband and I shared a hamman/ massage experience and we found it to be very prioffessioal with the aim of relaxation and therapy rolled into one. The staff were gentle respectful and pleasant. The environment was lovely. They did not scrub too hard or make you feel embarrassed . They supplied small disposable briefs. We also tried a hamman in fez and this was the superior. I also sent an email enquiry to les bains which they didn't even reply to. As a westerner I would recommend this hamman.

Visited June 2014
lauro m, Gérant at Hammam de la Rose, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your nice review. We are realy glad you enjoyed your experience at our spa. It s such big honor for us to be considered as one of the best hammams in Marrakech.
Our team is very touched by your comments and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Best regards,
Hammam de la Rose
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Relaxing Experience”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

This was my first Hammam visit, and I must confess to slight trepidation. However all the things I thought I might worry about just did not apply. At no point did I feel at all uncomfortable, in fact the exact opposite. All of the staff (front of house, hammam, masseuse) were superbly professional, calming, and spoke lovely English or were patient to my language deficiencies. I did the Ceremony of the Rose and this was a great combination. The facilities inside were great. Had it not been my last day, I might have gone back.

1 Thank Andy D
lauro m, Gérant at Hammam de la Rose, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear M.Andy,
Thank you very much for your nice review. We are realy glad that you enjoyed your first hammam experience at our spa. It was such big honor for us to receive you at our spa.
Our team is very touched by your comment that encourage us to make more efforts.
Many thanks again and we hope to receive you for another memorable relaxing experience in the near future.
Best regards from all of us.
Hammam de la rose
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great first time hammam experience”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My boyfriend and I had never tried a hammam and were a bit afraid to go first time to a public one.
We happened to be staying near this one and thought the prices were reasonable enough, knowing it was a bit of a fancy one. It was about 350 drihams each for a hammam experience. The place was really nice and the staff were friendly and guided us through all the steps without any issues.
The sauna and scrub were very westerner friendly and the girls kept checking we were ok with the products, water temperature and the level of scrubbing.
We did the hammam as a couple, which was probably a bit nicer than doing it alone because there were less awkward moments. Make sure you don't do this with work colleagues or immediate family because it involves essentially complete nudity.
We were escorted to a chill-out room after and served mint tea and water, which was lovely.

Overall a very nice experience, and you get to take your scrubbing glove home as a nice gesture.

Visited June 2014
lauro m, Gérant at Hammam de la Rose, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear M.Anna,
We would like to sincerely thank you for your nice review. we are delighted to know that you liked our spa and that you left with a nice memory of us.
we will do our best to maintain the trust of our customers and we hope to receive you again in order to make you and your boyfriend experiencing another special relaxing moments at our spa.
Best regards,
Best regards from all our team.
Hammam de la rose