“Fantastic stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Riad Laksiba -  Guest house, Hotel, Rooms or Exclusive Use, Kasbah, Medina, Marrakech, Morocco
Riad Laksiba - Exclusive Use from £125 Night Riad Laksiba  - Rooms from £25 Person
Check Availability
The Twin Room Two, First Floor
Riad Laksiba - Open-Air Courtyard
Bathroom In Twin Room Two, First Floor
Entrance
Dont just be a Tourist. Go Native, Experience Marrakech.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Riad -
5 Bedrooms, 5 Bathrooms, Sleeps 10
Marrakech, Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 228 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Turkish first
Rebecca C
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic stay”
Reviewed 18 March 2013 for a stay in January 2013

I'd just like to say what a wonderful stay I had at Riad Laksiba. The riad is simply beautiful and in a great location. There is a family atmosphere among the staff who are exceptionally helpful, Mohamed and Abdelhamid speak excellent English (Abdelhamid is studying for a Masters in English) and couldn't have been more helpful. Nadia and Raja cook exception food and are happy to share their culinary secrets with guests. Simon, the owner, fits the 'mad dogs and Englishmen' stereotype taking me on the alternative tour of Marrakesh! Which I loved. I he is certainly well thought of in the community and therefore can give guests an insight in local life. A great introduction to Marrakesh, many thanks.

Travelling group: Solo
8 Apr 2013
Hello Becky,

Thanks for taking time to write an excellent review. Mad Dogs and Englishmen indeed! Utilising Riad Laksiba as a base for taking Clients to the Atlas Mountains and a successful summit bid on Jebal Toubkal was truly inspiring to all of the staff. We look forward to your next adventures. Simon (Riad Laksiba).
Aimee C
Saint-Louis, Alsace, France
“Best trip!!”
Reviewed 24 February 2013 for a stay in February 2013

We travel alot with our family and this is the first time I have felt compelled to write a review barely 24 hours after we have returned home! Riad Laksiba is a true gem and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. From our first moments in the Riad, Abdelhamid and Mohammed made us feel welcome. Every single need was taken care of...dinner reservations, directions, hammam appointments...anything we needed, they were there to help! Highlights included the entire Riad experience from our beautiful breakfasts to our home dinners (4 out of 7 evenings), the peaceful afternoons on the roof terrace to the evening "cinema", everything was great. We had 3 children (ages 7, 10 and 11) in our party and they had as great a time as the adults! Mohammed organized an excursion to the Ourika valley (complete with camel rides and mint tea at an authentic Berber family home). Amazing. We are seriously considering going back in a few months and we will definitely stay at Riad Laksiba. A spectacular experience from beginning to end. Thank you Simon for your amazing craftsmanship that built a gorgeous home and a million thank yous to Abdelhamid, Mohammed, Nadia and Raja for the unsurpassed hospitality we felt during every moment of our unforgettable holiday!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The staff at the property were amazing!
Liked least: Absolutely nothing!
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Aimee C
Saint-Louis, Alsace, France
“Best trip!”
Reviewed 24 February 2013 for a stay in February 2013

Wow,
Wow indeed.. was what prompted me to read your Review this evening. This was the comment that a Guest who is arriving next week wrote to say. "Hi Simon, I have just read your latest TripAdvisor Review... Wow". Thank you so much for your enthusiasm. The staff at Riad Laksiba reported about such a wonderful family group to look after, a true honour. Thank you, and Paul, for taking time to independently write eMails of thanks, really much appreciated. Paul sent me a photograph with two children alongside Abdelhamid and Mohamed. I am delighted that all ages got so much from their half-term. The staff would love to see you again soon. Wow indeed. Simon (Riad Laksiba)
Josh D
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Great, Authentic Moroccan Experience”
Reviewed 18 February 2013 for a stay in February 2013
people found this review helpful

After completing a circuit of Europe in midwinter, we went down to Marrakesh for a bit of sun , and I can't say how glad I am that I booked in at Riad Laksiba.

We were met at the airport by Mohamed and Simon (proprietor) and taken to the Riad, which - as is the Moroccan way - looks like every other house from the outside. When you get inside though you can see the painstaking attention to detail in the furniture, artwork and even the doors. It is truly a beautiful and tranquil place to be. The roof-top is a wonderful place to chill out - it's complete with a Bedouin tent and tortoises. We were immediately shown our rooms and offered mint tea.

As we were a "group" of two guys and the Riad was quiet we were given a room each and, after settling in, Simon showed us the way to the main square (a very easy walk with loads to see on the way) stopping to chat to the locals as we went by. We were introduced to the local calligrapher, Mohamed, as well as various vendors and passers-by.

Once at the square Simon left us on our own and we promptly got lost in the Souks and ripped off by the very persistent ladies. On relating our experiences to everyone back at the Riad, the guys (Abdelhamid and Mohamed, both extremely formidable blokes) took us back to the square and got us our money back!

The staff were what made the Riad what it was. From Simon taking us on a very comprehensive walking tour of Marrakesh and organizing a Berber guide to take us up to the mountains (a must-do) to Nadia making us a delicious breakfast every morning (well, usually early afternoon) to get us going. Abdelhamid and Mohamed were always around to help - even showing us where to buy size 13 flip flops and doing the haggling with the very tough shopkeeper.

Location of the Riad was perfect. While the hustle and bustle of the square is a short walk away, the Kasbah on Laksiba's doorstep is the neighborhood to be. Everyone is friendly, there is plenty to see - tombs, several palaces and the metalworkers district as well as the Berber fruit and veg markets. After just a few days we felt almost local.

Our last evening was spent with everyone on the shisha pipe eating fig ice cream and cactus fruit - the perfect way to end a perfect trip. As mentioned above, the staff and their local knowledge are what make this place - you simply could not have the same experience if you stayed in a hotel. We were both disappointed to be leaving and Marrakesh was certainly the highlight of the trip.

Next time I'm at Riad Laksiba, it won't be like going on a holiday, it will be like going home.

Travelling group: Friends
Josh and Kallum,
What can I say.... your Review made me laugh out loud, mainly through re-living some of those moments, but left me emotional. What a wonderful final comment. We all enjoyed your company so much. Two very different Australian characters with a single goal to get the most out of your "walk-about". It was refreshing and rewarding to meet you both. Based on this Review I do think you should follow your instincts and consider travel journalism. Looking forward to the return visit. Simon, Abdelhamid, Mohamed and Nadia
Chloers29
“Ideal for a fleeting weekend!”
Reviewed 31 January 2013 for a stay in August 2012

We were a group of eight girls on a hen weekend in Marrakech. Simon was a fantastic help in making the booking and suggesting some ideas for activities during our trip, and when we arrived, Mohammed looked after everything we could possibly need-from collecting us from the airport, to looking for us in the medina when he thought we were lost! He helped us organise a hammam, took us shopping for food for the evening meal, and made sure the fridge was always full! Breakfast in the mornings was amazing, as was dinner when we opted to eat in one evening. The riad was lovely and comfortable; at the time we stayed there were a few areas which would have benefited a quick spruce up, but I understand the riad has recently undergone a full refurbishment. We had a brilliant time, and would definitely stay here again x c x

25 Feb 2013
Thanks for the Review, very much appreciated. The "spruce-up" has now happened. This includes a new website for 2013 ( RiadinMarrakech.com ) with new photos and more information. We have also invested in more plants, 2 Tortoises ( Harvey and Maj ), Opus styled tiling, using tiles from Fez, in the Kitchen and Bureau, extensive works on the exterior and a general Spring clean throughout. With permanent reinvestment into Laksiba, the "Little house in the Kasbah" (definition of Riad Laksiba) looks great. I shared your "spruce-up" view and have reacted to it. Hopefully you'll come and visit again soon and enjoy the alterations. Best regards Simon (Riad Laksiba)
Aslaug S
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Superb service lovely Riad”
Reviewed 28 January 2013 for a stay in December 2012

Big thanks to the staff of Riad Laksiba for superb service and a friendly atmosphere!
Our little family enjoyed the stay at Laksiba lovely Riad form the 6-11th of january 2013.
After arriving back to Iceland we still talk about the friendly staff and the fantastic last dinner the staff made for us. Thank you Abdelhamid Bousaadi and Mohamed Kasmaoui for your professional and friendly attitude and serice. We highly recommend this Riad because you guys are grate...and not to forget the the grate women that came to the Riad to cook the unforgettable Moroccan food!..And thank you for recommending the driver/guide Mohisne Boula for the trip to Atlas mountains...he was superb guide and we enjoyed his company as well as the drive in Moroccan nature. We plan to return to Morocco as soon as possible!

Aslaug,
Thank you for your kind words and taking time to write a Review. I am impressed by the fact that you have mentioned Abdelhamid and Mohamed by their full names. I assume your family and my staff are now "Facebook Friends" ... how wonderful. Marrakech must have offered a stark difference from Reykjavik, Iceland. I am pleased that we managed to accommodate you and your family and do sincerely hope that you get the opportunity to travel and visit again. Love to your family. Simon (Riad Laksiba)
davidb186...
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Riad Laksiba sets a high standard for others to follow in Marrakech”
Reviewed 25 January 2013 for a stay in January 2013

My wife and I spent 5 nights at the Riad Laksiba (19 – 24 January) and can happily report that the overall experience exceeded expectations. As a light sleeper, easily bothered and kept awake by noise, I needed somewhere quiet enough to hear the ticking of the clock. At the same time I wanted to be within a comfortable stroll of the town centre. Laksiba, at the southern perimeter of the Kasbah checked the box perfectly. The website says that staff are included in the rate. I thought that was an odd thing to say until I could experience incredible and genuine hospitality of the staff. Simon picks his people with great care (including outstanding language skills) and treats them as family members. This high level of consideration is repaid to his guests in so many ways that make the difference between a day spoiled by hassle and one in which you feel the day’s itinerary has gone to plan. Lastly, as a foodie, the quality of the food can make or break a vacation, and here Laksiba was exceptional. Let me put it this way, as a British school child in the 1960s/70s I developed a deep suspicion of prunes. My first meal, classic lamb tajine on my first night at Riad Laksiba, completely converted me to this much maligned fruit! If anyone finds cooking to match Laksiba elsewhere in Marrakech then they will have spent some serious money.
Be sure to follow the link from the website http://riadinmarrakech.com/ and view the short TV documentary on the history of Riad Laksiba.
David B

David,
I am delighted that... of all things that I introduced you to within Moroccan culture during your visit that "Prunes" got a mention. We thoroughly enjoyed you and Sue's company. It was interesting to get Sue's "Japanese" perspective on Marrakech and I am pleased that Sue felt Riad Laksiba was the best part of her holiday. Hopefully we'll see you both again in the future. Best regards Simon (Riad Laksiba)
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing