“Fantastic riad!”
Review of Riad Le Marocain

Riad Le Marocain
Ranked #524 of 1,172 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have staied in this riad for one week with my family, and was really very relaxing and nice!

Very good position, really closed to the life center of Marrakech (only 10 min walking)
Everything in traditional Marocco style.
The owner is a very kind person, he just started with this riad and I think he will do a very good job!

I suggest this place to who wants to have a very relaxing and authentic experience in Marrakech.

Delicious breakfast!
I will go again, sure!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I stayed at riad le.marocain with my husband for 5 nights
The riad is easy to find it is located in the herat of marrakesh near to the jamaa fenaa and palace baddie
The riad is very nice and it is decorated in beautiful Moroccan decor.
Jawad was very nice with us
Our room was spacious and decorated by traditional morrocan decor the beds were comfortable the bathroom was clean
In breef it is the best riad with good price including a delicious breakfast consisting of pancakes bread tea or coffee orange juice honey marmalade and butter

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I stayed at Riad Le Marocain with a friend for 5 nights, we booked through a tour operator. The hotel was fairly easy to find after taking a taxi, however having the address at hand will most definitely help. A local boy actually took us to the entrance and the hotel proprietor kindly paid him a small tip. We were shown round the hotel, our room and to the roof terrace. The hotel is furnished and decorated in beautiful Moroccan decor. Our room was spacious and the beds were comfortable, the bathroom was clean and had plenty of towels, There aren't many facilities but everything you would need. The owner doesn't speak much English but this wasn't a problem as we managed to communicate effectively regardless. He also arranged for an Expedia agent to come answer any of our questions and to give us advice. We were provided with a simple but ample Moroccan breakfast consisting of pancakes, bread, tea or coffee, orange juice, honey, marmalade and butter. The owner kindly walked us to where the main square was so we knew our way back to the hotel which is surprisingly easy once you know. The hotel is about a 15 minute walk from the souks but far enough to get away from the hustle and bustle of the main square. All in all, I would highly recommend staying here if you're lucky enough to be coming to Marrakech. Additionally please be aware you have to pay a small local tax.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2012

It was difficult to rate this riad because my experience with it was pretty up and down. We arranged a taxi with the riad to pick us up from the airport at 11.30 in the morning. At 12.15 when it still hadn't arrived I got worried and tried to call. This was unsuccessful (probably my fault, may have taken it down wrong, and we had patchy reception), so we gave up and had to go on a rather expensive and convoluted taxi ride with a petit taxi driver who had no idea where the riad was. On arrival at the riad just before 1 pm we were greeted by a hostile manager who wanted me to pay for the taxi that we arranged that hadn't come (she insisted that it had, but Marrakech is a pretty small airport, so hmmmm). I refused (more because she accused me of lying about waiting for the driver, and it annoyed me than anything else) and from that point on we were pretty much dead to her. No real check in, no explanation of the common area, no information about any tours available, or if it was possible to have food in the riad.

This soured what might have been a better stay. The riad itself is very pretty, and spotlessly clean. There was hot water available when needed. I liked the location too, perfectly safe (even if hard to find), easy walk to attractions, without being in the crazy centre, which I think would have been a bit much for me. Main gripes were that it is really cold (it's an old building, and windows in the rooms aren't sealed, so fair enough), you can hear everything that happens in the other rooms, and although it is advertised as having wi fi in all rooms, ours only worked in one corner of the room. Breakfast is three small breads, jam, juice, coffee and tea. This is fine for us, but I know a lot of people expect more.

To summarise, if you want to stay somewhere cheap, clean, and attractive in the old town this is a good bet. It you expect a higher level of customer service, I'd say don't.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank janelee1984
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We stayed in riad le Marocain for tree nights, we booked directly with the owner. The riad is very nice, clean and the room was very comfortable and traditionally decorated.
The staff (Amina and Marou ) was helpfull ...
RECOMMENDABLE one .....

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chris r
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Avoid this Riad. We had booked our stay for three nights via a reputable website and paid a desposit. On arrival, no information given and a very hostile manage demanded a further 15 euros as a tax. We were then shown to our room and told the heating was 'broken' and would be fixed the next day. The next day we were told (after we paid) the heating/air con wasn't included in our rate. At the time of year, it dropped to two degrees at night, this made for an uncomfortable stay.

Real shame as this is a fairly pleasant and clean Riad. While the location (and ease of finding it) isn't ideal, it could be so much better. Very sour experience, and I would absolutely avoid.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alex P
Reviewed 2 January 2012

This riad is charming. The decoration is very nice and the ubication is very good...the neighbourhood is very "authentic", and near the Mellah (jewish area). But there are a lot of negative points: there are no indications to get to this place, even in the outside door. There was no check-in: no information about the area, about the breakfast time, nothing...even we had to ask for the key. We arrived, we were guided to our room and that's all. No information about to whom we should contact in case of any problem...more over, the common area is cold in winter time.

More over, we had to go to other riad because, although we payed and had a confirmed reservation, we had to go out, because of a mistake in the reservation problems.

So, be careful with this place. Yes, it's beautiful and quite, but you can suffer some problems...

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple