“Just OK”

78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Just OK”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

If you want to have a look around the outside of the medina this is probably the easiest way but don't expect the headsets to work. We spent ages trying to fiddle with them so we could hear the commentary which didn't match the few sights we saw. Best thing about the tour was that it covers 24 hours so you can jump on and off at the different sights.

Visited July 2014

• Turkish first
Bristol, England
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great to get your bearings”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have been to Marrakech 3 times now but this is the first time I have taken the open top bus tour. We picked the bus up right outside our hotel (opera Plaza Hotel). There are actually 2 different bus routes. We did the city on first which takes you to all the main parts of the city. Then we got off at the Tourist Information Centre to pick up the 2nd route. This takes you further afield and shows the more rural areas out towards the Atlas Mountains and the Yves St Laurent Gardens, camels, 4x4 buggies etc. I cannt actually comment on the commentary as I didnt listen to it. I just sat and enjoyed the views and rides. Its a nice way to see the sights and ride around for a few hours.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank TinaHulbert
Iznajar, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Another waste of money”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Caught the bus this morning and as a previous reviewer mentioned the ticket man quoted in Euro's. We paid in local currency, 290dh for the 24 hour tickets. When you have paid and receive the map you realise that it goes just around the new area of the city, ok if you like looking at traffic and shops. The commentary does not really give a lot of information, on some stops it says nothing at all except the stop number. We went to the medina stop on the outskirts of the old town. When we came to return we were informed that the buses are every 40 minutes, not the 20 to 30 advertised. They run from 09:00 until 18:00 so with 18 stops on route calling at each one in a day is impossible.

4 Thank Lynette P
Oxford, United Kingdom
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“dont waste your money”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

There are two tours available and I took the one that went around the Medina and Guilez for 145 dhirams for one day (over £11) I really didnt see much! Guilez is basically the new town and the commentary pointed out the theatre and the new train station - the worst commentary I have ever heard, and having got off I realised I really knew little more about Marrakech than when I started. I did the first circuit in a very short time, and decided to go round again, as it passed a hotel where I knew there was a pool you could use as a day guest. On the way back I waited for over an hour in the blistering heat, whilst 3 buses should have arrived according to the timetable at the bus stop. Don't waste your money on this!

4 Thank Prizzle
Dublin, Ireland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Great way to view the centre hassle free”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We decided to do this us tour on day 3 of our holiday but in hindsight should have done it on day1. It's a great way to see the central areas and get your bearings without any hassle. There are 2 loops on the tour first the historic tour so you pass all the sightseeing places gardens, palace, medina right in the heart of everything, the theatre etc with lots of commentary and the second loop is the oasis tour so this goes a little further out and there is less to comment on but it takes you past where the camel rides / quad biking / golf etc happens and through the palm groves so not much by way of history just things to see and take nice pictures. The beauty of the trip is that you can take pictures from the bus without any hassle. Often in centre people will look for small token payment for taking pictures. Definitely worth it in my opinion and we had a much better sense if orientation after doing the tour. It costs 145 dh for 24 hour pass or 165 dh for 48 hours. They only run until 6pm though so no night tour which is a pity.

1 Thank Paula_Dublin_Ireland