“Sahara Delight!”
Review of Moroccan Views

Moroccan Views
Ranked #221 of 533 Outdoor Activities in Marrakech
More attraction details
Owner description: Come to Morocco and discover one of the most fascinating, diverse and extraordinary countries in the world. Join Moroccan Views on some of the most exhilarating adventure tours in Morocco and travel to the sea, to desert areas, mountain ranges and fertile oasis for an unforgettable experience.Moroccan Views is a unique travel company that organises fantastic excursions tours and adventure activities in Morocco to some of the most amazing places in the country.
San Diego, California
“Sahara Delight!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I had the chance to join Moroccan Views for the three-day trip to the Sahara and it was amazing! I had read a lot of mixed reviews but I can honestly tell you everything was "first class" for the price paid. I was picked up at my Riad and escorted to the van. The drive to the Sahara was amazing with plenty of stops and great sights to see. We stayed at a hotel for one night and the dinner was filling and very, very good. Plenty of hot water and blankets on the beds. For the night in the Sahara, this was also amazing. There were cots in the tents with plenty of blankets and the dinner, again, was amazing. After we rode the camels back we were escorted to a hotel for showers. They ensured they had plenty of rooms for everyone to shower and the breakfast there as very good as well. I cannot say enough about this company took the greatest care to ensure folks were comfortable and had an enjoyable time. You cannot go wrong booking with these folks. Although the price is lower than others, don't be scared off that it iis budget in enjoyment. You will not be disappointed! Also, the people on the tour were also amazing so that could also be what contributed to a great and memorable lifetime event!

Ra'anana, Israel
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Nine Unforgettable Days”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Our group of eight, all but one of whom had never been to Morocco, had an absolutely memorable experience - from the souks of Maarakesh and Fez, to the spectacular Merzouga desert dunes and Atlas mountain vistas, Berber village markets and crafts and dramatic Atlantic sea coast at the foot of the picturesque casbah of Rabat. Our guide, Ismael, was knowledageable, friendly, solicitous, open about the complex realities of the country, and attentive to our needs. Our driver, Jawad, was extraordinarily responsible, negotiating mountain roads, fog, dry river beds, etc with aplomb, allowing us to relax and enjoy the ride.

London, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Ourika Valley 1 day tour”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We chose this company for the reviews and the fair prices.
The whole experience was very enjoyable, we ended up alone as there wasn't anyone else on the trip that day.
Our guide was friendly and helpful, we were picked up promptly and everything that was mentioned on the itinerary was included, we visited a Berber home and were showed how to make mint tea while enjoying a traditional Berber breakfast , after that ,we took a 15 minute camel ride and then onto the Ourika valley and a somewhat challenging climb up to the waterfall, my husband had to abandon this half way, he waited at a fresh orange small cafe on the way, there is plenty of stops and refreshments along the way, although i will add that this tour might be quite stressful in high season when the weather is much hotter and the crowds are more!
Our next stop was lunch, it was a very pretty little terraced restaurant jutting out with a georgous view of the mountains.
The food was plenty full and very pleasant.
Lastly, we visited a herb and oil garden and shop, where we sampled and was able to purchase various healing and beauty concoctions.
A tiring but fun day.

1 Thank Tracey H
SuttonSon
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Ourika Valley 1 Day Tour”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We did the ourika valley day tour with Moroccan Views on the internet because we were only staying in the city for a long weekend & I wanted the itinery sorted in advance so we knew exactly what we were doing. We travelled in January 2014.

I chose this company because of the positive reviews on this page & because their prices for a "group" trip were much less than other sites booking "private" trips.

In hindsight I could have got the tour cheaper when I was there but Marrakesh is a MAD MAD city so Im quite pleased I chose the safe option of booking in advance.

If you travel in high season this may make a difference - Im not sure. In low season myself & my wife travelled in a group consisting of us plus one other American lady. Our guide told us that in high season the valley is much busier. Given the route that everyone follows to the waterfalls Im quite pleased it was not too busy.

Or tour was great. I'm not sure as to whether our guides were actually employed permanently by the company or arranged on a freelance basis. (If its the latter it might explain why some of the reviews about the moroccan tour companies can be mixed).

Anyway driver & guide were very good. Our guide spoke ok English & told us about the history of the valley & the Berbers who live there. We made the obligatory stop at the Berber house & the 15 minute camel ride both of which were interesting & then when we reached the river we made the ascent threough the last village up to the waterfalls. The climb is quite tricky - especially the last section - you probably do need to be reasonably fit to make the most of the trip. Some people seem to think the small resteraunts littering the river bank detract from the beauty of the place. Personally I thought the river bank covered in leather sofas & rugs summed up the place perfectly - as I said before MAD. We then stopped in a nice resteraunt back at the foot of the valley. I suspected a manky old sandwich for lunch given that this was all in - but no - we were served an excellent fixed menu offering of chicken, lamb and & vegetarian tagine for our veggie fellow traveller. Final stop was the obligatory visit to the Argan oil factory where you will be shown the various plants used in medicines/perfumes in the region & you can obviously buy them if you wish. Unlike some tours in other parts of the world there was no hard sell.

Sometimes if the water is flowing well white water rafting is available. Again this must be a mad experience careering down the river in full flow with people eating their lunch on sofas on either side of you !!

In the Jan/Feb with some winter sunshine this place is an absolute must to visit & I would recommend this company. The 45 Euro group deal was very good value I thought. In the summer with the town packed I dont think it would be so good.

Visited January 2014
Wilno, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Unsafe driver; inadequate organization”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The biggest problem for me on this trip was the driving. It was frankly unsafe. I love road trips. They are such great opportunities to see life unfold as you drive through it. We passed through some spectacular countryside on this trip but I could not enjoy it due to the driving. My partner and I have travelled in 14 African countries as well as in South America, India and Nepal. This is to say that we are no stranger to crazy winding roads and Developing World driving practices. We're generally OK with these things and that is why we signed up for a trip that would involve such long periods of time spent driving. But we both felt this driver was the worst we had encountered in our travels. He was certainly more aggressive than any other Moroccan driver on the road during the three days of our tour. The evidence being that he constantly passed both cars and tourist buses, while being passed himself but twice in three days. He drove like he was in a video game collecting points for every pass made. He sped up into every corner and then rode the brakes out of it. I watched repeatedly as he quite literally leaned his body into every turn, jerkingly willing the vehicle into the turn. (I am surprised he didn't pull a muscle doing it). I was aware that at least 4 of the 11 clients spoke to the guide about the driver after the first day and expressed their discomfort and requested he drive safer. The following day I was happy to see that he drove very well. I really enjoyed watching Morocco go by. However, on the third day he ramped it up again and drove the same as the first day. Once, I physically reached forward and tapped his arm and expressed my displeasure after an unsafe move. He apologized but really made no change in his driving practice. It simply was neither fun, nor restful being in his vehicle.

Other than the driving, there were other concerns as well: some big; others small. We slept in the desert in a camp that housed probably about 40 tourists from other groups in addition to ours. The food was excellent and plentiful that night. Great energy in the meal tent during the dinner hour! But it didn't appear to me that any staff whatsoever slept in the camp that night with us tourist folk. Our guide slept at the hotel in which we were taken for breakfast the following day. When we awoke before sunrise, as directed to do, there was no one there to greet us or to organize things. We stood silently in the darkness along with the other tourists wondering when the camels would show up, where they would come from and where we were supposed to wait. There were not enough camels for everyone in all groups and this was known by tourists and guides alike because it had been an issue on the way into the camp. The camels eventually appeared over the horizon and they were walked into position by the camel caretakers who came over the dunes with the animals. In the absence of any guide to organize things, all the tourists basically rushed forward to get themselves a camel at the expense of others. Our group of 11 people got scattered in and amongst other tour groups and 4 members of our group ended up not getting a camel at all. They had to wait about 30 minutes in the cold for a truck from the hotel to come into the desert and get them and drive them out. I feel that our guide should have slept in the camp with us and got up in the morning a few minutes before us to put some order to the morning and to ensure that our group had 11 camels waiting together for us. Not doing this was an especially poor showing since he knew that there were not enough camels. If I was the guide on this trip, I would have slept in camp with my clients and I would have gone the extra mile to wake up 15 minutes before my clients to relight the campfire from the night before so that my clients could have stood around a warm fire while waiting for the camels to arrive (my thermometer showed 1 degree Celsius at wake-up time).

There were also some smaller issues that frankly didn't bother me but got others upset such as no warm water at the hotel we were taken to for showers after the cold night in the desert; guests having to wait an hour or more at their hotels to be picked up on day one of the trip; thread bare towels at the hotel on night one). I have no trouble still having fun when encountered with these smaller issues. In fact I expect them when traveling in Africa, but the unsafe driving and the inadequate organization at the desert camp were fatal flaws for me; look to another tour provider for your 3 day Merzouga Adventure.

Visited December 2013