Cesar Resort & Spa
US$192
US$182
US$111
US$104
All reviewsal fassia restaurantmassage packagemarrakesh townfree hammamreception teamhotel restaurantthis lovely hotelrooms were very cleanpool vieworange juicepoolscarrefourtaxihookahmoroccorooftop
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We spent 5 nights in Marrakech staying in a Riad in the medina, 4 nights in the Atlas nights before returning to Marrakech for 2 nights at Cesar prior to leaving. It was ideal for what we were after and that was to relax and enjoy our last bit of holiday. We walked into the medina in about 1/2 hour although as per previous reviews taxis are plenty. The Carrefour (supermarket) almost next door within a mall is handy for any drinks or nibbles as eating at the hotel is not cheap although the food is very good.

Our room was clean and spacious and we loved the walk-in shower. The pool is great - the longers are comfy with beanbag style cushions that mould to you. Wifi throughout and staff were pleasant and helpful. Yes English is, for most, a second or third langauge they do try and most of the time all is understood. The breakfast was a disappointment compared to other places we had stayed - you could have an omlette and were served pastries and yoghurt but that appeared to be it unless you wanted to pay for fruit (we tried to have our breakfast one morning by the pool area but were told it would cost extra so went into the restaurant).

Part of our deal included a hamman, whilst it is a spa so a little different from a traditional open hamman it was very good and the spa area is amazing. I wouldn't want to stay here for an entire trip to Marrakech as it does appear to be a new tourist development with some huge resorts around and semi-completed properties however the Cesar does this on a small boutique scale and does it pretty well.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mayall
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We have just come home after celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary in this lovely place. The Cesar resort is decorated in a very contemporary style and we found it to be lovely and clean with comfortable spacious rooms - we had a junior suite (room 1) that had a super king bed, a small seating area, TV, his and her sinks, walk in shower with large shower head, air con, coffee machine, safe, mini fridge (chargeable) free WiFi, hairdryer (hot but not powerful!!). The rooms are cleaned daily but the maid sometimes didn't arrive until 3pm. The staff are all lovely and were always very polite and acknowledged you with a smile and a"bonjour". Some of the staff speak and understand English better than others but we managed to get by. The menu is written in French with no English version so bring a French phrasebook to help you out. The food was lovely and we enjoyed everything we ordered but it can get expensive if you eat there daily and the drinks are very pricey - cocktails or mojitos are about £7 - £8 each, soft drinks are about £2.50 and a small bottled lager is about £3.60. There is a shopping mall just up the road and we ate there on two occasions, we also bought bottled water from the supermarket (Carrefour) and took it back to the room. The spa looked lovely although we never used it. The resort organised our airport transfers £13 each way but when we went to the Medina we decided to walk, it is a straight road from the hotel to the centre and it took us about 30 minutes but little taxis pass you all of the time beeping so if you wanted one there were plenty about and one day we negotiated one back to the hotel for 60 dirhams (about £4). You will need two pin plug adaptors and my GHD's worked perfectly. Weather was gorgeous and quite a dry heat so not too uncomfortable. We only used the pool outside of our room and despite the heat it was very chilly as it was in the shade for part of the day and all of the night so it never really warmed up. Overall we had a great time, the resort was very quiet on an evening and although we sat in the Skybar sometimes there were only us and another couple up there so it could get a bit boring I suppose it depends what you like to do on an evening but we would have preferred something a bit livelier. Another reviewer said that the service could be a bit "spotty" and I now know what he meant, sometimes there were sunbed towels by the pool for you to use and other days not, sometimes someone was about so you could have breakfast outside and other days not, sometimes your room was cleaned by 11am and other days not - it felt a bit hit and miss at times but this didnt spoil our stay and I would definitely recommend this resort as a place to stay when going to visit Marrakech. Thank you to the team :0)

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are much more convenient for the pool and the sunbeds
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HectorsHouse41
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We had a great relaxing holiday at Cesar. The hotel is has a wonderful spa with a warm pool, a small pool on the terrace where you have a nice view, a very good bar and a restaurant with one of the best cuisines of Marrakech. The rooms are spacious with a trendy decor that mixes contemporary and local furniture, a powerful AC to refresh from the Moroccan heat. The hotel is very clean, with the best location ever! It's five minutes by taxi to the Medina, and you pay around MAD$100 per ride (rate charged for tourists), unless you deal before getting the cab so you can get up to 50% discount. It's also easy to get a cab to go to nice restaurants as Bo-Zin (pretty close, opposite way of Medina) or to Gueliz, the area you find nice bars, clubs and restaurants. The service is "10" provided by a friendly helpful staff always ready to help you. We took breakfast at the hotel; it's not a buffet and very basic but good. The main pool area was great with many staff serving around the pool. The spa prices are not expensive so you can enjoy it and get relaxed. Cesar Hotel was just what we needed. Perferct!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brazilianheat
Reviewed 2 August 2012 via mobile

I booked a trip to Marrakesh on a whim. Truthfully, I had no idea what to expect of the city or the hotel. About 2 days prior to my arrival, I sent an e-mail through the hotel website, asking for a car from the airport and a guide for the Medina. Within 2 hours I had confirmation of both, leaving me relieved about my first trip to Morocco.

Upon entering the hotel, I was warmly greeted by Khadija, the manager of reception. She was gracious and professional. I checked in easily and was greeted with a welcome drink. The hotel lobby is inviting, a bit modern but nevertheless intimate and comfortable. I was walked through the pool area to my room, and immediately felt in heaven. The pool area was fabulous. Very relaxing with chase lounges, perfect sun and the best mix of music I have heard from Miami, LA to Sydney. I spent a couple of hours at the pool with other guests, relaxing, reading and sleeping. A welcome respite from a busy trip to Paris the days before. There is no drink service, so you do have to go to the bar for your drinks. I recommend highly the Ourika. A concoction of fruit juice, vanilla and champagne.

My room was clean. It was well furnished, a kind of modern Morrocan theme overlooking the pool. It was large by European standards and fairly normal by US. WIFI worked fine. Had CNN (if you really want to watch TV while in Morocco).

I spent most late afternoons at the Sky bar where the views are a dream and the service is a little spotty but always delivered with a smile. It is a wonderful place to quietly watch the Sunset.

I did have a hamam and a massage. Though the therapists did not speak English, this only added to the experience. I had never had a hamam so all i can tell you is that it hurt at first but my skin has never been softer. My massage was excellent.

I did two days of touring and my biggest regret was that I did not spend more time at the pool.

It is best to remember that Morocco does not have the refinement of Paris, nor the service culture of India. The wait staff could be slow, but I will wait a bit longer for a genuine smile. The reception staff was first class, especially Mohammed. Khadija could run a hotel anywhere in the world. Elegant and warm, she makes you feel special.

I will go back. One, because I left two shirts behind. Two, for the pool and music mix. Three, for Ourikas at sunset at the Skybar. It is a good respite from the Medina.

Only down side, it is about 10 minutes from the Medina and taxis are spotty. This is not the hotel's fault.

My advice, sit back, relax, don't stress, get on Moroccan time.

• Stayed: July 2012
7  Thank g_scott_smith
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I am right now at the hotel and i have to say that thay dont speak english at all, you can order something and seems they have undertand but you can wait hours and nothing happens. The rooms are dirty, they dont know how to wash the floor, at this kind of hotel, where all the rooms are suites, i dont know how, but i stayed in two rooms and both them were dirty. On the first one there was a croacache dead in the toilet, and they just finished the room when we walked in, even having 3 person inside cleaning...

The pool area could be cleaner, the pool was dirty and had algae inside. There is only air conditioning at the rooms, therest of the hotel is a sauna.

Of curse u cannot ask anything at the reception about the city because the seem to live in another city, they dont know the schedules or what to do, they just say go there and walk.
The quality of this hotel is 5 starts, but the service not more than 3 or 4.

• Stayed: July 2012
cesarspa, Directeur général at Cesar Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Resort after your recent stay with us and please allow me to apologize for not having met your expectations.

I’m really surprised to read your complaint about the cleanness. We have the team working all the day and rooms are cleaned twice a day. If there were a problem why didn’t you come and report it to the manager? Every time we receive feedback, we take it seriously, review it with managers and share both the negatives and positives with our employees.

If you read all our reviews you will notice that almost all our clients are very satisfied about our staff. Our staff at the reception always gives you a good advise where to go and what to see or they can book you a restaurant or an excursion if you ask for.

I assure you that I have noted all your remarks and have discussed it with our staff.

I hope to see you again in Cesar Resort & Spa.

Regards,